Letter of appreciation to POE community/criticism on D4 subreddit

i've been on reddit for ages and i've been active in many ARPG subreddits, POE forums is the only actual forum that arpg forum that i'm active in (besides LE but even then thats seasonal).

D4 subreddit.... it's really different. unlike the many other arpg subreddits that i've been at, the amount of "playershitting" is mindblowing.

what i mean about that is, when people whine about OTHER players, or other peoples opinions.

to me, forums and subreddits are a place where players can voice out their concerns or issues they have with a game. there definitely is a difference between whining and providing constructive criticism. theres always a different reason for why a person prefers something a different way.

if the idea is bad, people could in turn tell them if they're wrong or why the way things are.

but in /r/d4, theres a lot of playershitting.

instead of complaining or discussing about any perceived issues of the game or developers, they complain about players.

this started even way back before launch.

there are a ton of videos on youtube about "issues with diablo 4". a lot of them raise solid points of arguments. then we have our own folk like zizarian who have their own thoughts on D4. then some others like asmongold. many of them do point of stuff like D4 is for the casual market. they do have closing statements that encourages people to try the game regardless.

in response there are a few posts on /rd4, saying stuff like "dont listen to the streamers". "avoid YT". its pretty weird for me as a lot of issues that many streamers brought up are quite legitimate issues. may be some are minor, but there is justification on why they criticize.

rd4 has a huge amount of simp energy.

the amount of dickriding there is really something i havent seen before. it sometimes makes me wonder if there are shills or even part of the d4 dev team using alts.

so much whiteknighting.

its as tho, nothing bliz does is wrong. there are even parody of "no lifers", there are tons of comments on how players complain about d4 being less similar to d3. there are many comments on how people are just whining.

to me if a person complains about the game, they want the game to improve.

but on rd4 there is a lot of playershitting, where players get shit on for complaining. this playershitting does not accomplish anything. ironically for me posting this im playershitting too.

i dont know, i cant remember the last time that i whiteknight anything so hard. i really find it hard to believe that it's the current state of rd4.

i personally give d4 maybe 7or 8 out of 10 and even right beside poe. maybe with poe getting an 8.1 /10 rating.

theres room for improvement. but i ll let other people do the talking.

oh and cheers to you guys if you've made it this far reading this. one takeaway is that i really appreciate that in POE subreddit/forums, i rarely see playershitting happening.

being on gd/poe/le subreddits i really have taken it for granted. sure once in a while there would be some asshole that would pop up and shit on players. in rd4, these people tend to get upvoted a lot and tend to appear more often.

[Removed by Support]
Último bump em 23 de jun de 2023 04:07:22
There are a few people like that on these forums.
And they will come to this thread sooner or later
Agreed. PoE's forums is extremely civilized compared to your average gaming forums. Not without some bad apples now and then, but in general I find it pretty nice.
Agreed
You can voice out your opinions and voice your concerns-
right after you paid for the game.

If you pre-purchased it your next step is taking your chances with an icy road and a F1 race car and the pedal is stuck full down.
Simply put: Diablo is mainstream, poe is niche

EVERYTHING when it goes mainstream becomes a bit like that, simply because theres more people on the ride and with more people, the amount of shitheads increase kinda by default

Thing about shitheads is... just like the bully from high school, they become exponentially more problematic as their number increases. They walk in packs and reinforce each other, a single bully is easily dismissed as a lone idiot, a pack of bullies is far more problematic than the sum of its individuals could ever hope to be

In mainstream communities, the number of shitheads tend to reach that critical mass where their ramble is enough to create an echo chamber. This makes the community as a whole feels worse than it is, because as we all know, the shitty minority makes a lot of noise. The other part is a hundred assholes grouped make much more noise than a hundred separate assholes, they echo each other and make the echo chamber that the internet is already prone to create even more opressive

Rest assured, white knights are everywhere, they are not as prevalent here because theres less people, thus, less idiots
"
feike escreveu:
Simply put: Diablo is mainstream, poe is niche

EVERYTHING when it goes mainstream becomes a bit like that, simply because theres more people on the ride and with more people, the amount of shitheads increase kinda by default

Thing about shitheads is... just like the bully from high school, they become exponentially more problematic as their number increases. They walk in packs and reinforce each other, a single bully is easily dismissed as a lone idiot, a pack of bullies is far more problematic than the sum of its individuals could ever hope to be

In mainstream communities, the number of shitheads tend to reach that critical mass where their ramble is enough to create an echo chamber. This makes the community as a whole feels worse than it is, because as we all know, the shitty minority makes a lot of noise. The other part is a hundred assholes grouped make much more noise than a hundred separate assholes, they echo each other and make the echo chamber that the internet is already prone to create even more opressive

Rest assured, white knights are everywhere, they are not as prevalent here because theres less people, thus, less idiots

+1

i feel that way too. its like 9gag/facebook/twitter where any average normie joins.

when a large amount of normies join, its likely a large number of assholes pop up too.

as a gamer i find that good games do not need much marketing. the audience will find them.

d4 is debatably a good game, but the difference is it has a massive advertising budget. it even had a collab with KFC in the US.

lol now you brought it up, i now remember a similar event "eternal september". i wasnt around for it but i did read up on it.
[Removed by Support]
The last time I got super involved with a subreddit + game launch, I experienced many of the same things.

Initial hype. Then launch. Honeymoon phase. Complaints start to pop up. Complaints get downvoted and shit on. Complaints continue and increase. Meta posts start appearing. "I'm so tired of people complaining! The game is fun!"

Then posts complaining about the complaint posts. The inevitable "sweaty gamer no-life unemployed try hard vs causal gamer dad with 7 kids and 2 jobs and only 30 minutes to play a day" debates.

That subreddit was for Anthem. Where is Anthem now?

The writing is on the wall for Diablo IV. It's front-loaded to hell. (lol) Like a mediocre EP from that band you liked 20 years ago that has two pretty good songs at the beginning but the rest of the album is wholly forgettable.

At least this is good for PoE 2? I think most people will be done with D4 by the time we get PoE 2.
bruh what bruh bro bro bruh what
"
tenmeisan escreveu:
The last time I got super involved with a subreddit + game launch, I experienced many of the same things.

Initial hype. Then launch. Honeymoon phase. Complaints start to pop up. Complaints get downvoted and shit on. Complaints continue and increase. Meta posts start appearing. "I'm so tired of people complaining! The game is fun!"

Then posts complaining about the complaint posts. The inevitable "sweaty gamer no-life unemployed try hard vs causal gamer dad with 7 kids and 2 jobs and only 30 minutes to play a day" debates.

That subreddit was for Anthem. Where is Anthem now?

The writing is on the wall for Diablo IV. It's front-loaded to hell. (lol) Like a mediocre EP from that band you liked 20 years ago that has two pretty good songs at the beginning but the rest of the album is wholly forgettable.

At least this is good for PoE 2? I think most people will be done with D4 by the time we get PoE 2.

i really appreciate that you shared your experience here. the only gaming specific subreddits that i frequent never really exhibited those traits and it was the first time i encountered it.

didnt realize it was actually something common for other certain other games.

yeah, d4 is really front loaded. i enjoyed it but once i got to t3 i went back to poe. might as well finish up some crucible weapons while its still available. d4 will still be around for me later. d4's just a side chick. GGG babe please give me some sugar.

lol
[Removed by Support]
lol, its really getting from bad to worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFR2jm5sWvk

even their memes are so shitty, taken from rd4

i m done with the sub. so damn toxic, i ll just stick with getting my d4 updates from asmongold or directly from actiblizz or something
[Removed by Support]

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional