[3.22 HC] Chieftain Hollow Palm Fiery Ice Crash: Tanky HC Fun! (Video)

I'm not really going to try to sell anyone on this one. Honestly I'd be happier if the gear stays cheaper because no one else is playing it. But I've been iterating on this build for a while now and it's the most fun I've had in a long time. So I feel obligated to share it :>

Two versions are presented. The first which is the one primarily discussed, is the one I have been playing up to the original time of writing. The other, for which a POB only is provided, is an alternate tree I literally just worked out with the help of a friend. It really wants to wait for level 99 to be able to keep all the associated defense, requires significantly more expense (10-15D extra), and does around 50% more damage at the cost of 4% block, the extra guard duration and cooldown, and some movement speed. The additional expense is for a 12 node stat cluster jewel and two life/dex split personalities.

What is this build?
Spoiler

Hollow palm is a node that comes from the unique cluster jewel One With Nothing. It grants 14-20 flat physical damage to attacks per 10 dex with 40% more attack speed. In exchange for this absurd scaling, we must give up weapon and offhand slots and our gloves.

Because of all the missing gear slots, capping rezzes has always been quite challenging. But the new Chieftain ascendancy provides a perfect way to address this defect, allowing us to really build around hollow palm in a very tanky way. Because a lot of our res comes from overcapping fire resistance (which grants both cold and lightning res with the new ascendancy) we convert our damage 100% to fire to efficiently take advantage of the fire mastery that grants 1 regen per fire res. We add in Slayer style overleech via an Ahuana glorious vanity, and the result is a pleasant feeling recovery rate of around 1300-1500 life/second. We make this count even more by adding in a number of Defensive layers including:

Max ele res of 83/83/83 or 84/84/84 (Depending on whether you can get +1 from a Node converted by your Glorious Vanity) This can potentially be raised even higher very late game using tattoos of the Ngamahu Makanga.
Capped chaos res at 75 or 76 depending on your small chaos res jewel.
50-65% conversion of incoming phys damage to ele (via lightning coil with or without taste of hate)
Approx 10k armour to deal with the left over phys damage
Approx 50% attack block
100% Spell Suppression
50% extra crit damage reduction
Fortify
Steelskin (On left click with nearly 50% uptime)

The result is that even with a life pool in the 4k-4500 range, the build feels extremely tanky taking on T16s. I accidently got hit by Catarina's slam on this build and only saw my health dip by about half.

On the offense side, Ice crash has the best base damage scaling of any slam skill, and also (imo) feels mechanically pleasant to work with. The build more or less walks over T16 content without stopping and can face-tank almost all non-pinnacle boss mechanics, with exceptions that should be obvious where you find them.

Video:
Spoiler

1. Moderately Rolled T16 City Square with Metamorph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3-chAYypl4

Gems:
Spoiler

Ice Crash>Cold to Fire>Lifetap>Pulverise>Elemental Damage with Attacks>Fire Penetration

Lifetap>Flame Dash>Punishment

Blood Rage
Vaal Ancestral Warchief
Hatred
Purity of Fire
Blood and Sand
Steelskin

Gear:
Spoiler

Note that the gear pictured is fairly optimized. For the budget version, replace both rings with Le Heups of all (With as much res and Stats as possible) replace the belt with a cyclopian coil, and replace the astramentis with a carnage heart. Use simple granite and jade Flasks until you can afford Rumis and later Taste of Hate. That version will function just fine while you gather up the currency necessary to improve the gear. Until you have an unset ring, leave out punishment, as you are only using that for high-end bossing anyway.

Jewels Not Pictured:
One With Nothing
2x Fluid Motion
Glorious Vanity-Ahuana
Corrupted Blood prevention jewel
Large dual wield jewel including Feed the Fury
Small chaos res cluster jewel

When it is time to get your endgame Jewelry, you are looking primarily for dex, fire res, chaos res, lightning res and life. Elemental damage with attacks is a nice bonus if it's available, but not the top priority. The rings are often easier to buy. The belt almost always needs to be custom crafted. For the belt, start with a synthesized base that grants at least 13% dex implicitly. You can blessed this up to 15, then quality it up with catalysts to 18. Then begin spamming deafening essence of sorrow until you find something workable. I usually find a reasonable belt within 50 essences or so, though this has sometimes taken even more. You can, of course, craft the rings in a similar way (I recommend 1 amethyst and 1 unset) but my experience is that it takes significantly more essences to get a decent ring than to get a decent belt, perhaps double.

Note that unless you are doing specifically chaos heavy content, capped chaos rez is not really a necessity. I spent most of time up to level 85 or so with a chaos res of around 0 and an amethyst flask in place of the sulphur. From 85-93 or so I got the base chaos res up to around 40 and kept the flask. It wasnt until around 93 or 94 that I finally crafted an item that allowed me to cap my chaos res and I traded the amethyst flask for the sulphur as a reward.

Tattoos:
Spoiler

1. Honoured tattoo of the Pa (Provides Fortify on melee hit) place on +30 str
2. Until you get your Large cluster jewel, you will temporarily want a tattoo of the Kitava Blood Drinker to provide attack leech. Place on an unconverted str. node. Replace later with an honoured tattoo of the dove.
3. Two Rokongurai Turtle (Crit damage reduction) on the two int nodes
4. 4-5 Honoured tattoos of the dove (Chaos res) As many on unconverted str nodes as needed. Use dex nodes/converted str nodes only if unavoidable.

Bandits:
Spoiler
Kill All

Ascendancies in Order:
Spoiler

Tasalio
Valako
Tawhoa
Tukohama

Pantheons:
Spoiler

Solaris
Ralakesh

Lvl 95 POB:
Spoiler

https://pobb.in/1k7RHoPONfpx
Note that POB is not showing additional DPS from Flasks, Punishment, or Tawhoa's chosen. When all put together and averaged, we are doing around 3.5M/sec while mapping and around 2M a sec to Pinnacle Bosses.

Alternate POB at lvl 99
Spoiler

https://pobb.in/dIMtUKUI-5y-

Leveling advice:
Spoiler

1-20: 2 blackheart iron rings and a redbeak (1-5) or screaming eagle (6-20) Combine with Smite>Ancestral Call>Momentum for easy early leveling. On the tree, proceed by the most direct path to the lower right corner cluster jewel slot, where you will slot in One With Nothing and take the hollow palm node right around lvl 20 (The large cluster jewel node gets slotted in much later).

20-28: Here you can slot one with nothing, equip your carnage heart or Astramentis and the game goes on easy mode. REMEMBER TO REMOVE YOUR WEAPONS AND GLOVES. Yes, that's in all caps because I made that mistake once and briefly couldn't figure out why the build suddenly sucked. At lvl 24, equip two Le Heup of All iron rings with as much stat bonus and res as available. You will keep these until you change for your endgame rings. Change to Ice Crash at lvl 28. On the tree, move through your starting area up to Avatar of Fire. Then take Magmatic strikes nearby and get the life regen fire mastery. This will allow you to immediately start using both Lifetaps and Blood Rage.

28+
I recommend the following priorities on the tree: (much of this can be varied to taste):
1. Honored tattoo of the Pa
2. Tatoo of the Kitava Blood Drinker
3. Enough life nodes to feel comfortable in the content you are doing
4. Utmost Swiftness cluster.
5. Upper Fluid Motion
6. All Block Nodes
7. Unwavering Stance
8. Magebane & All Suppression Nodes
9. Remaining tattoos
10. Iron Reflexes and lower Fluid Motion
11. Glorious Vanity Area
12. Remaining cluster jewel nodes & other damage and life nodes
13. Adamant Cluster

Lightning Coil is Equippable at lvl 60. Fractal Thoughts and Garukhan's Flight are both equippable at 62. You can start thinking about endgame belt and rings around lvl 65, but really, any time after this that they are affordable is fine. To cap suppression on this tree, the magic number for dex is 1140. You may want to temporarily take a couple of extra suppression nodes to hit the cap until your gear catches up sufficiently. Taking much more than 1140 dex does not seem efficient to me in an overall sense. The version of the build I have been playing, that is shown in the video, has 1142 dex.

Anyway, hope some of you try it out and have as good a time with it as I have.

-Orion
Última edição por Orion72 em 18 de set de 2023 23:27:43
Último bump em 18 de set de 2023 23:29:37
First Video now posted:
Moderately Rolled T16 City Square with Metamorph: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3-chAYypl4
Great guide. Thank you!
An additional alternative level 99 POB has been added. This version requires significant additional expense for 2 Life/Dex split personality jewels and a 12 node Stat Cluster Jewel. In exchange, you get around 50% more damage at the cost of 4% block, some movement speed, and the extra duration and cooldown on the guard skill. Seems likely to be worthwhile if you can afford.

-O

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional