[3.22] Chieftain Magic Find Autobomber

Greetings exiles.

Do you enjoy loot? Do you enjoy big beefy screen pops? Do you hate pushing buttons? Well keep reading, cause I'm about to deliver all of this to you in a sub 10d package!

I know Chieftain isn't the first class most people think of when they think magic find, but the defenses of the new chieftain ascendancy combined with the power generated from Hinekora, Death's Fury allow us to clear 8 mod t16 wandering path maps all while wearing MF/quant gear in every slot aside from your weapon!

Lets take a look at the gear:

First off- The items linked above are from my *current* iteration of the build- it is completely unnecessary to spend multiple divines on the belt, hat, and obviously the rings- spend what you can afford on the ventors and use

instead!

The only necessary corruption is +2 to socketed AoE or Aura gems on your gloves- 50% reduced extra damage from critical strikes on chest is also excellent and cheap.

Low investment PoB:https://pobb.in/GBFtLr3Lfun3

"high" investment PoB: https://pobb.in/-25KasrzEvsj

Ok, so the crux of the build is abusing the power of

with the Hinekora, Death's Fury chieftain ascendancy node and 100% chance to ignite. When we trigger Hinekora's, the massive explosion damage will ignite surrounding enemies, and the fulcrum will reflect that ignite back onto us. We will not suffer this ignite damage due to the ascendancy node Tasalio, Cleansing Water, but we *will* spread it to enemies within a 1.5m radius because of the medium cluster node Fan the Flames

This results in a very fun playstyle- We trigger at least one on death explosion with fire trap (what I believe is the best option given what we are already scaling), then we run around and spread the ignite from that explosion to other monster packs we encounter, which causes more on death explosions, which refreshes our ignite duration and so on as we run through the map.

This gives us a *tremendous* amount of damage for very little investment- the downside is that we need trash mobs to begin the chain (so this is not a bosser, but can deal with most map bosses ezpz), and we need to keep killing to sustain our ignite uptime.

So that is our damage covered- what about defenses? Well, Chieftain is incredibly easy to tank up due to the Tasalio and Valako Nodes- these allow us to focus solely on fire resistance as a way to cap all of our elemental resistances to 90%! This combines extremely well with

and Tattoo of the Ngamahu Firewalker to give us plenty of fire resistance while also giving us maximum block with the help of the Fulcrum block implicit and a few staff nodes on the tree.

Another important gem for us is:

When selecting one of these jewels, make sure to get one that transforms one of the large stat nodes near the Eternal Youth keystone into one that grants you endurance charges every second if you've been hit recently. This is an excellent extra layer of defense! In addition, this jewel will allow us to completely ignore stat requirements for gear and skill gems- essential for wearing mf gear (which is basically garbage) and making full uses of tattoos.

So, just from the skill tree, our weapon, a couple cheap corruptions and a couple gems we get:

-Massive Damage
-90% all ele res
-Max attack block
-decent recovery from regen/staff mastery
-100% reduced extra damage from critical strikes
-Endurance charges (at least 5)

That is essentially the core of the build and from there you can do with it what you will. I decided to see how much magic find I could throw on there and still run heavy juice and it turns out... I can run all of it.

This is not intended to be a fully step by step guide written for new players- if there is interest in such a thing let me know and I will write a more detailed guide and maybe do a video along with it.

Here is a video I threw together already showing the basic version of the build in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJi0mm80vwE&t=602s

Feel free to ask any questions and I hope you enjoy the build!
Última edição por Dudeabides420 em 23 de set de 2023 18:20:14
Último bump em 2 de mar de 2024 12:21:31
Hi there i don't have a marauder class. How should I level with this?
id probably level as RF. Is available early and has insane damage throughout the campaign and uses burning/fire damage anyway.
I leveled with flamewood totem because it was my leaguestart and I wanted a new shiny toy. While that build was actually pretty decent to my surprise, I can't really recommend it- RF is the way to go and should be pretty straight forward.

Be aware that the price of the fulcrum has skyrocketed though... this is no longer a 10d build :(
Thanks for thinking out of the box with this build. May try this eventually
im struggling really hard with this build dying in non 8 mod maps (avoiding all of the mods u specify in the video) it seems like stuff just isnt getting ignited and i just get hit a bunch and die
is there a reason you get stun immunity through the flesh and flame jewels instead of getting unwavering stance on the tree?
I like those jewels because they not only cover stun immunity, but also freeze, chill, and a bunch of other random bs that the game likes to throw at you to slow you down. This lets us take Soul of Lunaris for extra movement speed and tank, especially in the ghosting phase. This is an open choice- you could easily take Brine king then go with any other forbidden pair, or even two rare jewels if you prefer.

What's your ignite chance? You definitely want that to be as close to 100% as possible. Care to share your PoB?
if i have 35 divine and can only afford the fulcrum, would this build still be viable?
Hello,
Been testing this build on a level 94 chieftain. The build is pretty cool, but got few question.
What patheon are you running with?
I tried the build with Brime king + Shakari, seems alright but maybe there is something better.
Also feel somewhat very squishy while activating RF. running maps without RF feel much better.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional