Soul Eater Feedback [Patch 3.24]

I hate soul eater on enemies.

I would go ahead and offer solutions but I'm not going to pretend that I know how to design a game. All I know is this, a game is supposed to be fun. Soul eater is the opposite of fun.

To be perfectly clear;
I don't "don't like it".
I hate it.

Just wanted to make sure that we are on the same wavelength here.

Do you guys like or love it?

p.s.
Before someone say, "there are other threads", I'll go ahead and say that I don't really care. I've been around for years to know that the only way to get GGG to act on it is to cover every platform with negative feedback posts and if all the feedback is consolidated under one topic/thread then it is not widespread.

Remember arch mods? Yeah, neither do I. In similar fashion, I'd like soul eater enemies to be removed from the game yesterday.

I hope this post finds you well.
Good luck.
Último bump em 24 de abr de 2024 15:49:37
With Soul Eater being ruined, there is absolutely no reason to even run Zerphi's Heart anymore. A heavy investment unique that was designed as a chase item around the fact that you can stack a ton of Soul Eater. There is no reason to use Soulthirst either and that belt was at least something you can use as a crutch if you have no currency in leagues.

50 stacks of Soul Eater is WAAY too low. To make it degrade the way they did is lame too. The only reason they did the change is because of people with HH having fun when they steal the buff from a rare. Yet HH was nerfed already after they introduced the Archenemesis and the way mods were taken by hh with the new rare mobs modifiers.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
No,im also hate this. Cause soul eater in legion or abyss can be a monster which more scarry then ubermaven a with life regen modes+ resistance can be literally immortal. Soul eater in expedition under the expedition modes can ruin your run if you dont one-shot him or kill fast enough.
"
MLGonthorian escreveu:
With Soul Eater being ruined, there is absolutely no reason to even run Zerphi's Heart anymore. A heavy investment unique that was designed as a chase item around the fact that you can stack a ton of Soul Eater. There is no reason to use Soulthirst either and that belt was at least something you can use as a crutch if you have no currency in leagues.

50 stacks of Soul Eater is WAAY too low. To make it degrade the way they did is lame too. The only reason they did the change is because of people with HH having fun when they steal the buff from a rare. Yet HH was nerfed already after they introduced the Archenemesis and the way mods were taken by hh with the new rare mobs modifiers.

HH was fine until one mod one effect thing. HH with 3.18 Archenemesis is way too strong.

Every balance with monster mod such as Soul Eater is always ruined by players using shit tier build or poor decision that not killing Soul Eater monster first and instead killing everything else, with such clear dps but zero single target dps.
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
What baffles me is combining offensive and defensive capabilities into one modifier. And not just any defensive capacity, it's a fucking 90 percent damage reduction at max stacks. Making a random rare monster way tankier than a map boss just on its own which is bullshit design.

I don't even want to mention Burial Grounds map boss that has Soul Eater by default and doing this map on white tier was a massive difficulty spike, as if I slapped a red map out of nowhere.
Haven't posted before on the issue, and this thread looks one of the latest, so I'll post here.

Soul Eater is the mod that made me consider dropping the game after returning to it after a long break. Since it seems that the mod can appear in any combination with other mods and in any content on top of the base mob being strong by itself, and I'm playing HC without the luxury of occasional death, I now have to hesitate before killing packs in order to see if there's a rare in it, and if there is, then I have to chase it with a pointer among all the flashy stuff to examine the mods and estimate whether I can simply clear the pack and everything nearby or need to be extra cautious with some ridiculous Soul Eater+Ambushes+damage mods combo. And this type of play takes away a good chunk of fun I had before.

And I also have to decide whether I want to avoid fun and rewarding content that constantly spawns mobs in a limited area or/and with a timer (Blight, Ritual, Delve, Incursion, Heist, Breach, Betrayal Research, and the list goes on) or risk bricking it or the char. Yes-yes, HC is a risk by itself, but Soul Eater is something that makes things highly unpredictable. Lost one char to summoner Soul Eater red beast in a two-mod white map during previous league before even had time to react to incoming damage. Wasn't a high-end tanky build, but felt rather safe in white maps.

Basically, it's a mod that punishes for fast clearing of packs, which is what most of the game and league mechanics are based around. Maybe I wouldn't hate it so much in SC where stakes are not that high, but in HC it's probably the closest thing to "I lose" button that one can push even before realizing it. The latest nerf to Soul Eater with decaying stacks is useless in the content mentioned above due to the time/space restrictions.

I think the mod should be further balanced, maybe just restricted, taking into account content mechanics and mob types (like spawns other mobs or not).

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional