Not enough Space on Disk?

Probably wrong area but meh.

I've been painfully busy, more-so than I expected when I picked up the game. It ran fine and all that happy stuff, but with the latest patch my computer apparently doesn't want to patch up because it says there's no room to do so while I know there is, unless you're trying to tell me the patch is over 90 gigs worth of data o.O

As a note; I tried a fresh install. Error persists.
Última edição por DenathilPlays em 12 de jun de 2012 00:10:46
1. Check your system disk free memory.
2. Check your other disks free memory.

All of which have ample amount of memory unless the program suddenly amplified the memory required after dividing by zero.
Screenshot your computer storage os bar. Screen shot your dxgdiag, and screen shot your computer proformance and alt, control, delete, and post it here. Saying you have enough space doesnt clearify the issue.
I believe this is what you're asking for. I'm a foot in the grave mentally speaking sleep wise sooooo.
Spoiler
Hi,

There is a known problem at the moment when trying to install the game on to a drive formatted with FAT32.

I can see from your screenshot there that your main drive is formatted with NTFS.

I just want to double check that the drive PoE is installed on is your C drive and not the other drive labelled "MY BOOK".
Path of Exile - Lead Programmer
Nah; it is on the external with is FAT32 (Had this same issue with Tribes ((Which is funny because their support responded saying NONE of their games could install on that format and I have Global Agenda on it XD ))...

The message popping up saying not enough space instead of the format error had me flipping tables x.x;

Is there a plan to remedy this in the future? At the moment I'm running on a rather archaic computer and can't really afford to move things around on the main drive without concerning myself with it setting on fire. I don't mind waiting, the bit of gameplay I got to enjoy before work bogged me down was challenging enough to pique my interest.
FAT32 doesn't support files larger than 4GB. Unfortunately the game is now larger than 4GB.

In order to fix it I would have to split the Content.ggpk file up. It's kind of a pain and I don't have any time in the schedule for it.

I'd like to fix it, but not that many people have FAT32. I'll probably get to it some time during Open Beta.

The other way to fix it is to reduce the size of the game client. That might be something that we will do sooner.
By the way, you can convert your drive to NTFS from FAT32 without reformatting it.

But please note that if you also use the hard drive in a Mac then you should not do this

Microsoft has an article explaining how to do it here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307881
"
Jonathan escreveu:
FAT32 doesn't support files larger than 4GB. Unfortunately the game is now larger than 4GB.

In order to fix it I would have to split the Content.ggpk file up. It's kind of a pain and I don't have any time in the schedule for it.

I'd like to fix it, but not that many people have FAT32. I'll probably get to it some time during Open Beta.

The other way to fix it is to reduce the size of the game client. That might be something that we will do sooner.

It'll be nice when you gets split up content.gkp so the game can be made more portable.

Don't really need to reduce size more make it so there isn't massive files over 4gb.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional