Do you think PoE needs a "Loot 2.0" overhaul?

Just getting a refresh on what Blizzard has in store for us with Reaper of Souls and found this:

Josh Mosqueira – Game Director
Josh Mosqueira: "What we're doing, at least the way we use the term here, or the way I use the term "Loot 2.0." Not necessarily that we're revamping everything, but like the way people used to throw around "Web 2.0" back in the day. ...I think it's just the reaffirmation of our evolved philosophy behind items. The way our items ideas evolved from launch until now, for the team to have a simple rallying cry around it. At the heart of it is the fact that Loot is a fundamental part of the game. Every time you're clicking the mouse, you're killing something because you want something awesome to drop. And we just really want to be sure that we're keeping in mind that core fantasy. And that when items drop, players feel that there's a utility to them and an intrinsic game play value to them. So I guess Loot 2.0 is a simpler way for us to say that we want to keep evolving the itemization philosophy and making sure that it's focused on players and that players feel they're getting cool stuff."

So the immediate question for PoE fans is: Does PoE need an overhaul to the loot drop system?

Right now for me personally PoE is good until I level up into the 60s and then the loot progression slows down to a glacial pace and finding better gear becomes much harder. While it is true that as we reach the higher levels we have already seen most of the normal loot PoE has to offer it is still disappointing to feel like the item well has run dry when you can go for long periods of time and not get a better drop to upgrade a piece of gear you are using.

To quote Josh, We aren't "getting cool stuff" frequently enough at the high levels.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
No
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
D3 took the "we wanna hit the 12 years old console players demographic" route,so no i dont think we should follow that example,easy mode loot would only ruin the little challenge this game has left.
GyokuenRen Auramancer Low-life CI
My guild thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/601377
My shop thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/538345
What we need is a "treasure goblin". Doesnt need to drop uniques or BiS gear. Just simple shit. Kill him, get 20+ scrolls of either kind, maybe 10-20 alts/trans/augs and then 1-55 higher tier orbs.

balance it out so there's not too many good orbs being dropped.

idk just my opinion.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
Rather than fixing loot (which I don't think is particularly bad), they should just focus on Crafting 2.0 and Resync 2.0...
Última edição por tienbasse em 24 de jan de 2014 15:40:53
guildie got a soul taker from a 66 map today.

Another guildie chanced a volt on first try on a spine bow yesterday. and found an andvarius that same day.

Did I mention they are both european?

but seriously I want RNG to smile on me.
"
No, we just need an auction house and to hire on Jay Wilson and we'll be all set.

Also mods can you move this to suggestions lol

Payce

Thanks... (NOT!) for the troll post. And no, this is not a suggestion, this post is to talk about how we view the item progression and loot drop system. So many 1 socket items and so few Jewellers and Fusings to do anything with "Loot Crap 1.0" at the higher levels.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Yes
IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
tienbasse escreveu:
Rather than fixing loot (which I don't think is particularly bad), they should just focus on Crafting 2.0 and Resync 2.0...

Quite true. Both of these are bad and need a major overhaul.

The Itemization in poe is surperior to any rpg i played, the gems that are skills, the sockets, links and all that, and the uniqe item affixes are good too and make build diversity, most of the items, some uniqes are very well designed like Searing Touch, Carcassjack, Abyssus,

some are garbage like all the leveling stuff
and then ther is that overpowerd stuff that only rmt or scamming or no life can afford but build enabling ,
what has to be fixed is that ther should be more items with the same affixes like chaos energy cannot bypass energy shiled to make it easier to make thoose builds, like the multiple curse items, you can get it from 2 items and the skill tree,

and remove map only uniqes that ruined the game for many

what i mean is ther needs to be more items with chaos damge does not bypass energy shield, but not as rare as shavronnes as example but with a drawback that you still got room to get shavronnes but get your build working withput it
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Última edição por StormHunter em 24 de jan de 2014 15:48:50

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional