Root of the problem(really a problem)

Why act 2 here can be as confusing as act 2 D2 when some players try to reach Jerhyn but can't get pass the guards at the entrance. Many players go to river crossings before proceeding to Chamber of Sins. Seeing how the recommended level for river crossing is the same as old field. Often new players will start on the bandit quest by interacting with Alira. After Killing Alira they proceed to kill Kraityn.

But they realize they cannot reach Oak for the reward, When they look at the map to realize between river crossing and where they need to go for Oak there is an indication that tells them to complete root of the problem. Now here is the real "Root of the problem" the quest description is in vain. There is absolutely no indication from the npcs that tells you how to complete root of the problem, you can click on every single dialog keywords and it'll not tell you one thing.

In conclusion, you have a very confused newbie in river crossings running around or maybe again hoping he finds someone, or something that will drop that would solve the "root of the problem"
Última edição por DeckardXLeah em 3 de fev de 2013 21:57:05
When I played through the game the first time, I too went west first, towards the Western Forest, because I had seen Piety close the pass from Prisoners's Gate and was curious about the other side. When I found the tree roots and couldn't get past, I sort of just shelved that quest and continued on my way with the other quests. I was a bit puzzled when Silk didn't take his spear back, but people in global chat gave me some non-spoiler hints that I may need it later, so I just held on to it, without making the connection between the spear and the tree. Eventually, I got around to doing the quests in the eastern side of Act 2, and got the Baleful Gem from Chamber of Sins. By that point, I had actually semi-forgotten about the tree, but when Loratta and the Vaal Ruins was brought up, I was like "Oh, that tree! and Silk's spear! everything fits together!" I've always liked these kind of moments in fiction, and I'm glad GGG designed the plot of the first half Act 2 to lead up to that point.

Anyway, I guess the moral of the story is: Non-linear plots are fun! Let's not copy all the other games with their railroaded plots.

Edit: Also, please don't spoiler newbies when they ask about the roots, just tell them to do other quests first and figure it out for themselves.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
Última edição por VoxelSquid em 3 de fev de 2013 22:16:21
My advice to this is always the same, fully clear and explore all maps and side zones.
"
VoxelSquid escreveu:
When I played through the game the first time, I too went west first, towards the Western Forest, because I had seen Piety close the pass from Prisoners's Gate and was curious about the other side. When I found the tree roots and couldn't get past, I sort of just shelved that quest and continued on my way with the other quests. I was a bit puzzled when Silk didn't take his spear back, but people in global chat gave me some non-spoiler hints that I may need it later, so I just held on to it, without making the connection between the spear and the tree. Eventually, I got around to doing the quests in the eastern side of Act 2, and got the Baleful Gem from Chamber of Sins. By that point, I had actually semi-forgotten about the tree, but when Loratta and the Vaal Ruins was brought up, I was like "Oh, that tree! and Silk's spear! everything fits together!" I've always liked these kind of moments in fiction, and I'm glad GGG designed the plot of the first half Act 2 to lead up to that point.

Anyway, I guess the moral of the story is: Non-linear plots are fun! Let's not copy all the other games with their railroaded plots.

Edit: Also, please don't spoiler newbies when they ask about the roots, just tell them to do other quests first and figure it out for themselves.

If you look at this from a new player's perspective the logical choice after killing Alira, and Kaitlyn is to go and claim the reward from Oak. Why do you let someone kill Alira, Kaitlyn but only to be hit by a mind blowing trivia of where can I find oak to finish the quest.

The main issue, is how root of the problem leaves most logical mind unable to comprehend what to do next. If my goal to finish dealing with the bandit is to visit oak I will go west to find a way to Oak. There is nothing in the description for the black intruder quest that is about 5 areas to the east and of a different recommended level says this is the quest for you to get to Oak. Lets not even talk about the tree
Última edição por DeckardXLeah em 3 de fev de 2013 22:52:38
i.. EVENTUALLY ! found the hard way ..
DID the Weaver = no drops
Realise the game [despite giving nice options with passives]
is VERY RIGID when it comes to choice of QUESTs ! Hate that.
makes it just too hard! i give UP.
"
Lixeen escreveu:
i.. EVENTUALLY ! found the hard way ..
DID the Weaver = no drops
Realise the game [despite giving nice options with passives]
is VERY RIGID when it comes to choice of QUESTs ! Hate that.
makes it just too hard! i give UP.

What?
Why is the no drops in this equation? I can understand frustration trying to find Oak for a new player. But the game is the game. I had a hard time trying to figure out where to go in Act 3 first time, but that's the key. It was the first time.

The second time you play through will be easier. (on normal that is)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional