Trigger Bots + Choir of Storm?

I heard that Trigger Bots cannot trigger Choir of Storm twice? Was it a bug or intended? Or it's working now?
Último bump em 23 de abr de 2024 15:52:48
Only mention in the last year in the Bug Reports forum about Choir of the Storm and Triggerbots is a thread that is linked on the wiki as a source for Lightning Bolt not interacting with triggerbots.

The GGG response in that thread, with the same April 2023 date that's mentioned on Lightning Bolt's wiki page, said "it looks like [Lightning Bolt] is triggering twice, the damage isn't being reduced however".

Testing it ingame, I can confirm that is no longer the case; the less damage modifier now applies to Lightning Bolt.

The "Spells trigger a second time" does also appear to work properly. This is harder to test with targetting, because Lightning Bolt targets the hit enemy, and Triggerbots only change where the spell originates from, not the destination; they won't target different enemies. The spell also has a giant damage range, so testing based on its damage isn't simple.

My claim that Triggerbots work with Lightning Bolt is based on the particle effects I'm seeing. When Lightning Bolt triggers, after the bolt, there are some sparks that fly outward and float for a moment before returning. With Triggerbots, the number of sparks are noticably greater in number.

https://imgur.com/a/lA2CFng
Yeah, this was fixed in 3.22.
"
Fixed a bug where Lightning Bolt, triggered by the Choir of the Storm Unique Amulet, was not being triggered a second time with the Perfect Crime Saboteur Ascendancy Passive Skill allocated, and did not have its damage reduced.
According to this, it wasn't triggering twice after all.
"
Jadian escreveu:
Only mention in the last year in the Bug Reports forum about Choir of the Storm and Triggerbots is a thread that is linked on the wiki as a source for Lightning Bolt not interacting with triggerbots.

The GGG response in that thread, with the same April 2023 date that's mentioned on Lightning Bolt's wiki page, said "it looks like [Lightning Bolt] is triggering twice, the damage isn't being reduced however".

Testing it ingame, I can confirm that is no longer the case; the less damage modifier now applies to Lightning Bolt.

The "Spells trigger a second time" does also appear to work properly. This is harder to test with targetting, because Lightning Bolt targets the hit enemy, and Triggerbots only change where the spell originates from, not the destination; they won't target different enemies. The spell also has a giant damage range, so testing based on its damage isn't simple.

My claim that Triggerbots work with Lightning Bolt is based on the particle effects I'm seeing. When Lightning Bolt triggers, after the bolt, there are some sparks that fly outward and float for a moment before returning. With Triggerbots, the number of sparks are noticably greater in number.

https://imgur.com/a/lA2CFng

Oh!! So you think the bug been fixed? mmmm, maybe I can respec into it. I am not too impressed with 30% cool down. I know it speeds up Lightning Bolt but Triggerbots could be better?

I am not a math guy but I wonder which is better? 30% cd on Lightning Bolt or cast twice but with 30% less damage?
Última edição por chinesefoodverygood em 22 de abr de 2024 13:25:14
I tried it with triggerbots. it is very hard to tell. So both triggerbots hit the same target only?
"
I tried it with triggerbots. it is very hard to tell. So both triggerbots hit the same target only?

Yes, they'll target the same enemy. It does indeed make it hard to tell.

"
I am not a math guy but I wonder which is better? 30% cd on Lightning Bolt or cast twice but with 30% less damage?

I'd like to preface this by pointing out that I'm not good at making builds, so my advice may not be the best.

I think that triggerbots would do more slightly more damage in normal conditions. If Lightning Bolt is the only thing in your build benefitting from it though, the cooldown would probably be better to have.

The "increased cooldown recovery rate" would affect your other skills on CD, like guard skills or warcries, improving their uptime as well. It would also be more beneficial when fighting enemies with the Temporal Bubble modifier, which applies "reduced cooldown recovery rate" to you while you're in the bubble.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional