3.24 - Purple Lightning Showcase - Mana Forged Double Bow CoC Battlemage

POB: https://pobb.in/XLfiYIChcVEs

POB doesn't show procs from CoC when bow attacks are also triggered so the dps on POB is incorrect.

Videos:
Spoiler
Without Headhunter: https://youtu.be/PShJVy9PO7o

With Headhunter: https://youtu.be/9n8HHPqO2JA

Intro:

Spoiler
Every league I make a bad Voltaxic Burst build, and for the first time I made one that feels good to play.

Voltaxic Burst has a few issues that you need to solve to make it feel good or do damage.

・Delay between cast and damage: after casting the skill doesn't actually do damage for 2.5 seconds. The upside to this is that the more casts you have waiting, the more damage you do (1% each).

・Chaos conversion: 40% of damage is converted to chaos.

・Melee range

By solving those issues, you get a cool looking skill with explosions built in.

Solving the Issues:

Spoiler
・Delay between cast and damage: by using a bow to trigger Voltaxic Burst, the bow attack will proc Voltaxic Burst before I need to do damage. When I get in range, the spell will be ready to do damage.

・Chaos conversion: by using Voltaxic Rift, we can convert 100% of lightning damage to Chaos. Normally, this would make the weapon slot dead because Rift does nothing for spells, but I use Battlemage to get the flat damage from the bow.

・Melee range: by running and hoping I don't hit, I stay alive long enough to clear maps.

Mechanics:
Spoiler
・Bow CoC: I use Replica Maloney's Mechanism to trigger a bow attack whenever I cast a spell (Corrupting Fever). The bow attack triggers the bow skills in my 6-links via manaforged arrows and CoC casts spells. Normally to use 3x the mana cost to proc a bow attack with manaforged, but you can bypass this by using life tap support.

・Sustain: To trigger all the spells on the setup I need a lot of life sustain, and an untouched life pool so casting isn't interrupted.
For the life costs, we use the Inq's Sanctuary, Vitality, and life leech via a gloves implicit. Petrified blood is also used to give an over leech effect to ensure we are always leeching.
I use Shav's Wrapping to avoid as much damage to life as possible and use ES as the main lifepool.

・Explode or be Exploded: this is basically a melee build, but I didn't build any defenses other than a bit of SS and some ES. If you don't stop running you will rarely die. To avoid stopping, everything in the build is automated to work with just one button.

Cool Guys don't look at Explosions: By using Rain of Arrows of Saturation, and Storm Rain of the Conduit, I can hit mobs behind me while I run and make them explode.

・Head Hunter: I spent 6 div on a fractured base to craft a belt, then I found out later the same day that head hunter is 6 div this league.

・Other: double curse with witchbrew, unholy might(large cluster)/trans toxic rain for wither, Rationale Doctrine for Profane ground.

Outro:
Spoiler
The build is mid-tier at best but it's super fun to play. I'm doing a Breach/Beyond/Deli strat with it now and it's great watching the explosions (even if the profit is terrible).

If you want a fun end league build to play, would recommend. Otherwise, probably not.
Última edição por soupyhats em 2 de mai de 2024 13:15:42
Último bump em 2 de mai de 2024 12:43:32

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional