Kripparrian's Frost Pulse Maurader.

"
F1aws escreveu:
/snip

I don't think he's hinting at anything else other than leveled Purity being tits (+25% ele resists iirc). Since you can't really get offensive mods on armor, after acquiring high-end items that have life and all that sweet stuff, you'll be overcapped by a ton.

As for the swap, I've only seen it once and wasn't paying too much attention, but I'm guessing he has Grace socketed but by doing the armor swap saves the Blood Magic socket he'd have to use.

I thought it was too much of a hassle (and don't have a BM item!) so I just do Grace+BM+Decoy+Reduced as one of my links. The other 3 40% auras you can just get with a leveled Reduced Mana (can't remember the level, exactly). Not sure if a leveled, +20% Reduced would allow you to run more than 3 40%.
Última edição por dndallasta em 16 de fev de 2013 00:00:48
can anyone confirm if the build link in OP is kripps current build?

is it correct or not?
"
Krippers escreveu:

DPS /w ALD: 1469.5
DPS /w ACD (level 17 5% quality): 1643.3
DPS /w FC (level 18 16% quality): 1649.6

If added chaos was a level higher or had the same quality it wouldve easily done more DPS than Faster Casting.

For someone who prides himself on doing the math, you take way to much liberty with those numbers.

Faster casting and ALD have implied values that are not in your calculations. While ALD is awful and I have explained why to you and yet you blindly think that your non-crit shock stacks are staying on the target long enough for you to cast again, faster casting gives you more then ACD will ever give you.

FC gives you 3 forms of implied survival. Faster movement, Freeze Chance and Pseudo Health Returned. It also gives you a implied value of more casts under shock, though your damage is sufficient that it shouldn't generally be a concern.

As for Static Blows: How often do you really think it helps you? Cause every time I look at the build, I look at 2 wasted points.

Look at it this way: 10% of the time you do not critically hit, you might place a shock stack on the target for the minimum time, multiplied by 1.45.

Unless your casting at a higher rate then .358, you aren't getting that benefit. In groups, you aren't getting that benefit. White mobs are dieing easily anyway. Blue and yellows probably aren't even getting shocked in maps, and bossed certainly aren't.
Chitus: Emperor of Wraeclast.
Aristeaus: 40k Walking around armor.
Spectrez: lol k
"
Aristeaus escreveu:
/snippy

Just wanting you smart math people to expand on this.

Couldn't be a breakpoint, gear-level type of thing, though? I mean I don' know if that's even possible with current itemization, but couldn't it be that with enough crit and casting speed on gear you can reach a point where ALD becomes overall superior to FC? In that case the Static Blows would be justified because it's just 2 points away anyway.

I also thought that ALD/shocks might just be a placebo thing on white mobs and what the point would be since they're getting 2 shot'd anyway.

I can confirm that FC is just boss for feeling safer, though. Really makes a difference when your armor and life suck.

Moar math please!
Última edição por dndallasta em 16 de fev de 2013 02:13:54
How heavily FP relies on the offensive nodes in the skill tree? I am currently rocking a righteus fire build and was thinking about replacing ground slam with FP. FP would get pretty solid dps increase during RF and as the build has quite a bit of str I think even iron will could work pretty well on it.
Something like say... FP+GMP+Blood magic+faster projectiles on a 4 link, followed by Iron will and faster casting on 5 and 6 links.
IGN: Minnevaan / Smacktrick (either works)
"
Aristeaus escreveu:
"
Krippers escreveu:

DPS /w ALD: 1469.5
DPS /w ACD (level 17 5% quality): 1643.3
DPS /w FC (level 18 16% quality): 1649.6

If added chaos was a level higher or had the same quality it wouldve easily done more DPS than Faster Casting.

For someone who prides himself on doing the math, you take way to much liberty with those numbers.

Faster casting and ALD have implied values that are not in your calculations. While ALD is awful and I have explained why to you and yet you blindly think that your non-crit shock stacks are staying on the target long enough for you to cast again, faster casting gives you more then ACD will ever give you.

FC gives you 3 forms of implied survival. Faster movement, Freeze Chance and Pseudo Health Returned. It also gives you a implied value of more casts under shock, though your damage is sufficient that it shouldn't generally be a concern.

As for Static Blows: How often do you really think it helps you? Cause every time I look at the build, I look at 2 wasted points.

Look at it this way: 10% of the time you do not critically hit, you might place a shock stack on the target for the minimum time, multiplied by 1.45.

Unless your casting at a higher rate then .358, you aren't getting that benefit. In groups, you aren't getting that benefit. White mobs are dieing easily anyway. Blue and yellows probably aren't even getting shocked in maps, and bossed certainly aren't.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEC_gSzDH0OSBB_EZYUTRXnFm8WvxkuGYUaOBpsHNwkPCSqJpUnqSftKPopTzbpOthCw0ZxSTtJUU3YUFBUSVVLVcZYY1nzWm1d8l8_YeJmT2e9cFJw1XOzfll_xoFJgW-Cm4fbjDaMdozPjmSPRpBVkyeVIJuhnaOdrp48ogCnCKdcp4SsqrI4tAy2-riTud28n8AawFHGnsbYz2XQ0NQZ1I_VT95334TjauOE45_kIudS6-7sOO8O8B_wa_DZ8i_z3fPq9kj3pvyr

Is my current build.

The shock on hit works on some mobs but theyre weak enough that it doesnt matter much as you mention. I think static blows is worth it, at least for its duration bonus -- and perhaps even the 2 talents that follow it.

At 375% crit multi I am able to shock most bosses in lower maps, and nearly all non boss mobs in higher maps. The dps difference between ALD and any other gem is significant by a large margin.

While the fast cast may be a good option, I just dont feel its the best option. It is close enough to ACD in terms of dps that you can use it if you like casting faster, but you will still be less effective versus reflect mobs with it -- and that is a pretty big deal.

I dont know if it was you that posted some estimates of shock #s based on mob HP, but I doubt they represent the state of my character currently. I would guess that the models do not account for the repetitive hits and shocks that are caused by GMP pulse.

Basically this is why ALD is the best support for this build for damage:

on hit:
20 or 30% chance to shock
Each of the 5 projectiles can trigger. If one of the first few hits triggers shock, the next lightning hit does 40% more damage, and its easier to shock. I would guess that non crits will shock most mobs 0-2 times each cast. Some dps increase.

on crit:
each of the projectiles applies shock, and the effect cascades.
first projectile crit + base shock
second projectile crit x1.4 + base shock x1.4
third projectile crit x1.8 + base shock x 1.8
fourth projectile crit x2.2 + base shock x 2.2
fifth projectile crit x2.2 + base shock x 2.2

So basically targets get hit on average for 72% more critical damage as long as the first few shocks do high enough damage. After the first few hits, the rest cascade.

The entire effect has increased effect in groups, where they can do more damage from your shock stacks, as well as others shocks allowing you to cascade yours more easily.
Hi! Which gems used for the build?
Freeze pulse - added lightning - blood magic - life leech - gmp
added chaos instead of lightning in reflect maps
IGN: Arowec
Only that?
I really like this build, fp is a great spell for a tank because of the way it work, so it really can get the best of a somewhat weak spell on a squishy caster. Now it sure don't have the versatility a caster will have since this build have basically one spell and that's it, but i think it's more than a fair trade for HC survivability.

When did the spell began to be better than whatever skill you used to level (i guess up to the templar tree)? Also i guess you could take any other spell since it's not based on elemental damage but on critics.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional