"
Azka escreveu:
you can't run haste, determination and grace they are 40% of your mana pool :/

Reduced Mana
IGN: Ciridae
Professional Banana Thrower
"
"
Anyone mind explaining which key stats you want in your gear for this build?

"
At what level do you switch to the Freezing Pulse skill/build?

I started leveling with Poison Arrow and the Silverbranch bow.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Life and resists, as usual.

For the offense, spell damage, crit, crit multiplier, casting speed and projectile speed. Cold damage % works too.
There's not a whole lot of mods, so fairly obvious.

You can switch whenever it's feasible. Poison Arrow starts to lose a lot of its shine past Normal. If you have Astramentis, I'd switch at level 20, since high HP + freeze/chill is very good. Without it, probably around 35-40 because of stat requirements. Make sure you have enough life to spam the BM'd FP.

"

you can't run haste, determination and grace they are 40% of your mana pool :/

Grace is flat amount and goes BM'd.

Última edição por dndallasta em 17 de fev de 2013 23:59:01
"
Stormnight escreveu:
Thanks for the Skilltree.

Why did he pick Static Blow? Isn't it for Lightning damage only but Freeze Pulse is cold?

He uses Added Lightning Damage.
Someone should make a post on how to create a FP marauder. It would be nice for new players like me!
"
iplayforkeeps escreveu:
Someone should make a post on how to create a FP marauder. It would be nice for new players like me!

There's really not much to say and most of it is on this thread already. Out of boredom:

Spoiler

Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpZ88AakFWnhBo47Dg62E3YjHaePIFvBLPwHxRNAnGiAClPgpvkIhpsna6nCLiTDH0Qf8aeGYUkqjbp42qOZPemtvqPRoFJsjhmT9DQz2VVxhZvm6FnvevuKPqVIEZxtAyTJxzc45_UGbyff8YnqVptJDynXElRwcWIQvIdjDYC_t-EQsNd8nDVcFIRlg5I44TAUfDZSTtyfp2j_Kvz6ha_h9th4lVLJpVte7VIKlvW0dIZc7PwaxXn1U_edw==

Oak/Kill/Kill

One or two points might be off because I did it from memory but it's 99% accurate. Focus on grabbing anything with life first, grab Static Blows whenever you have your 5L and are going to switch to FP, leave crit nodes for last. This assumes Astramentis.
If you don't have it and can't afford it, you'll have to pick up the two +30 DEX nodes above Templar and above Shadow to make up for it, probably will have to rush the third one at the Shadow starting area, and the switch to FP will most likely be delayed. Diamond Skin can be dropped when you reach resists cap through gear.

Links
Spoiler
Freezing Pulse + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Added Lightning Damage + Blood Magic + Life Leech

Reduced Mana + Purity + Haste + <Determination/Discipline>

Reduced Mana + Blood Magic + Grace

Reduced Mana + Elemental Weakness + <Determination/Discipline>

For single target you can use Bear Trap + Added Fire Damage + Culling Strike + Blood Magic. I know Kripp switched to Ice Spear, probably with Increased Crit Damage or something, but I haven't followed that change too much. Decoy Totem and Lightning Warp are also nice to have.

Quality on Freezing Pulse, Added Lightning Damage and Life Leech are important. Quality on GMP, Reduced Mana and Elemental Weakness are also nice, if you can manage.

Gear
Spoiler

A 5L is pretty much essential. Prioritize high armor, life and resists on defensive gear. Spell damage, crit chance, crit multiplier, casting speed, projectile speed and cold damage for offensive mods. Astramentis can be switched out when you find a really good amulet that can offset the points lost.

Leveling
Spoiler
If you have Astramentis, you can level like any other mana-based FP build would after level 20 or 30. Freezing Pulse + LMP + (Faster Projectiles) is enough to destroy Normal. Poison Arrow + a few leveling uniques (Goldrim, Silverbranch, etc.) is also very nice. If you don't have any of that, Poison Arrow alone can still carry you through Normal and a bit of Cruel. Melee is also an option. You can switch to FP whenever you can meet the requirements for GMP/LMP, Freezing Pulse itself and at least a couple of the auras (around level 40 or later) usually at the same time you can equip your 5L. Also, mind the costs when you gem BM into your link since the 250% multiplier can get nasty without enough HP. Your mileage may vary depending on what gear you have available. Astramentis is definitely recommended because it makes leveling a whole ton more simple. Remember to level the gems you're going to use as you level up!

How to use

Spoiler

Walk into pack of mobs. Curse with Elemental Weakness. Stand there and spam Freezing Pulse. Then:
a) You can't tank the damage. Get more life nodes.
> a1) You have all the life nodes and can't tank the damage. Get better gear.
b) Your killing speed is too slow. Get crit nodes.
> b1) You have all the crit nodes and your killing speed is too slow. Gratz! You're level 80+ so you don't need to be reading this. Get better gear, though.
c) Win.

Final thoughts
Spoiler
This is basically a more optimized version of the cookie-cutter FP build. It's fairly expensive and it can get pretty troublesome to deal with if you don't have the goods beforehand. It still is doable with nothing in the stash, but leveling, juggling stats and leveling gems will get very tedious. For new players, I suggest checking out any of the other more simple, less demanding builds for Shadows/Witches.

Última edição por dndallasta em 18 de fev de 2013 16:04:23
"
iplayforkeeps escreveu:

That would depend a lot on your gear, this build is very gear dependent up until your dps can sustain the blood magic requirement, after that i guess your are set. But the transition is pretty critical without good gear, you need quiet a high dps to sustain all those support gems, and the more dps you have the best life leech you get to sustain your cast. This build is not newbie friendly at all, unless you are like some guys i saw streaming without blood magic gem which is pretty pathetic imo because this build have no mana. To make this build newb friendly you would have to change it from the ground.

That's also why all this big fuzz about fast casting don't make sense, at least not before end game, you need to hit hard to have better life leech rather than hit a lot fast. Since life leech work as a % on each cast. The freeze on fp is very high on a tank because they are at contact, lightning is just a gimmick.
I'm currently lvl 33 and I'm using this build. I have an astramentis, so I was able to transition at lvl 20. The problem is, my FP takes 71 hp every time I cast it. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Should I keep FP at lvl 1?
IGN: Midsummernightsdream
"
MrDam escreveu:
I'm currently lvl 33 and I'm using this build. I have an astramentis, so I was able to transition at lvl 20. The problem is, my FP takes 71 hp every time I cast it. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Should I keep FP at lvl 1?

Drop BM and just level off a mana-based FP. That's what I meant by "every other FP build", heh. My bad.
What are the basics to add DPS on this build? Stuff like 1-27 Lightning Damage on my gloves does nothing... Not sure where I get the damage from considering most of the passive points are HP and Intelligence nodes.
"
What are the basics to add DPS on this build? Stuff like 1-27 Lightning Damage on my gloves does nothing... Not sure where I get the damage from considering most of the passive points are HP and Intelligence nodes.

FP does decent damage by itself.

A big chunk of the rest comes from good gear and the quality ALD + Static Blows + crit stacking gimmick.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional