Caustic Arrow

"
Spacke escreveu:
Before 0.9.12 it was so that when you aimed for the ground, you hit the ground and when you aimed for a mob (so that the name appears at the top of the screen) the arrow flew parallel to the ground.

The result of this parallel behavior was that when you pierced a monster the arrow flew until it hit the next obstacle. This was a real advantage because you could spread poison clouds way ahead of you, so that the monsters already started taking damage.

With 0.9.12 arrows that pierce a monster just land on the ground right behind the monster. Because of that "Pierce" and "Lesser Multiple Projectiles" have become completely useless to a Poison Arrow build.

Was that done on purpose and is there a chance that it will be changed back?
This is an unintended side effect of the projectile system which I will be looking for a fix for once more urgent tasks are complete.

"
Spacke escreveu:
Edit: I observed that with the duration as well... the description says the buff lasts 6.62 seconds but it just lasts 1 second once they step out of the cloud. Please tell me that this is a bug!!
The nature of the cloud has changed. It shouldn't still be displaying a buff time, as it doesn't have a separate one - the cloud works like an aura now, only affecting things inside it.
Because it doesn't function correctly with the totem's drawback. When I refactor all the damage stats, and poison arrow's damage actually gets the penalty from the totem, then we'll be able to enable it.
"
Hi

I read through the posts, but something is still not clear to me.

Does the qual. effect of added chaos DMG (℅increased chaos DMG) aplly to the DOT or not?

cheers
Reviving a post from several posts back because support are being asked about it
No. "increased damage" bonuses cannot apply to damage-over-time/degen. Increased burning damage is a specific exception which can apply to burning damage, which is DoT, but cannot apply to actual hits of damage.

The quality bonus will increase any chaos damage dealt when that skill hits something, it cannot apply to DoT.
Just out of curiosity, I have been trying to work on a poison arrow build that focuses on the physical (and added chaos) damage part of the skill and basically ignoring the DoT (not like anything inproves it's damage anyway...), would you still use +2/+3 to bow skills under such circumstances? It feels like a weaker version of a LA character. Granted you could stack some elemental damage and shock stack with crits, but then it's pretty much the same old thing. It just doesn't seem to scale as well because of monster chaos resistance! Not to mention elemental damage nodes and support gems don't work either. Is there any other way to improve the impact portion of the skill?
With the upcoming rework to how damage is calculated, is reworking degen on the agenda by any chance?
"
KaMaCyTpA escreveu:
With vulnerability, the could can do MAXIMUM of 1440 damage per second!
Your cap!

Technically would you be able to shock stack up to 3 times and further increase the cap? Perhaps you could link added lightning damage and use a Lightning damage bow to achieve shock stacking to increase the damage of the DoT (assuming it does affect it).
Última edição por Hrishi em 22 de jun de 2013 03:28:03
That is true, unfortunately. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, though!
"
Laki27 escreveu:
Am I missing something, or are there no changes in the 1.0.1 patch notes for any damage over time skills (including poison arrow)? I was really excited to finally try a poison arrow build.
That was further delayed to 1.0.2
"
Musica escreveu:
Few questions for you all.

- Can poison arrow be used with traps?
- Does the degen effect from the poison cloud cause status ailments? I.E. if I have fire damage on my weapon, could the cloud ignite enemies?
- Do auras, like Hatred, add damage to the degen effect?

Thanks.

- Unsure about this one.
- No, only the initial hit.
- No but it does add to the initial hit, of course.
"
TheManWhoLaughs escreveu:
However: Taken that projectile Damage nodes increase The DoT of PA, the +X% MORE Projectile Damage of Projectile Weakness should increase the DoT of PA. According to the new DoT changes it should work and it makes no sense and really sucks that it doesn´t work.
No. The change made damage modifiers applicable to DoT. Damage taken modifiers are both entirely separate, and applied after the point where DoT could be identified as coming from a specific (projectile) source.

"
TheManWhoLaughs escreveu:
Also: Why is the tool tip dps with conc effect still not fixed after the hotfix patch?
The skill can only show you the stats that are in the skill istelf. Those do not include the "area" flag stat, becase having that there would make the more area damage apply to all the skill's damage, including the arrow. Instead, the action adds the area flag at the point of calculation of the cloud.
Since it's not in the stats the skill has, the skill can't possibly factor it in when showing you it's stats.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional