[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

I was worried at first, but I'm happy that the build survived. After havig a lot of fun with it in Delve, I plan to max it out in Betrayal. Complete everything I can including Uber Elder. :)

Can't wait!
"
El_Pakito escreveu:
"
manifesto1 escreveu:
6 link
add fire => maim ?

@ manifesto1

Not at all, "Added Fire damage" support gem is still as good as before, no need to switch to "Maim" support gem.

@El_Pakito
So this build same as before, plus some better ES nodes?
"
manifesto1 escreveu:

@El_Pakito
So this build same as before, plus some better ES nodes?

@ manifesto1

Yes, absolutely !
Roughly better ES nodes : we won +30 flat but lost 10% ES recharge rate

The only light nerf as I said is for "Profane Bloom" explosions that scales on Herald of Agony stats.

@ All

I have also been asked if the Quill Rain nerf (40% less damage) would impact the "Profane Bloom" explosions : the answer is yes, but ONLY if YOU (the player and therefore not the Herald of Agony Crawler) kill the monsters, which should in fact never happen ! ;-)
Última edição por El_Pakito em 5 de dez de 2018 12:50:06
Update guide before new league start please or I will find you and sing you a terrible songs.
Very happy we are ok. I was scared at first too but we are fine. I made this at the end of league to practice for league start. With quill rain nerf it will be even easier to get early on. This is 100% a go for my league start.
This build is currently on the top of my list to play in 3.5 (still undecided between this and an MF wander)
However I was wondering how this build compares to the ranger alternative such as this one https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2205988/page/10 - it seems to sport higher dps at the expense of survivability but having the ability to perma-phase sounds nice...
it also loses the tri-curses but with the slight nerf of bloom I'm unsure if it balances out?

any other +/- to each?
Well, I guess we survived then! Happy to know I was indeed overpanicking :)

@Nebs
The builds should do comparable damage (IMHO), but this one is a lot more reliant on Crawler (since ours is quite a bit more powerful too -- comparing PoB numbers alone). It also seems we're more consistently applying poison and keeping the crawler at 40 stacks (due to resolute technique), but I haven't tried FunRooms's build to confirm. Honestly, I always decide if I wanna do a build or not based on the method of defense first, and I like ES+CI a lot more than acrobatics and evasion, so...

EDIT: Also if anyone wanna know, PoB got an update to the 3.5 passive tree.
Última edição por Rehv em 6 de dez de 2018 02:54:23
"
Rehv escreveu:
Well, I guess we survived then! Happy to know I was indeed overpanicking :)

@Nebs
The builds should do comparable damage (IMHO), but this one is a lot more reliant on Crawler (since ours is quite a bit more powerful too -- comparing PoB numbers alone). It also seems we're more consistently applying poison and keeping the crawler at 40 stacks (due to resolute technique), but I haven't tried FunRooms's build to confirm. Honestly, I always decide if I wanna do a build or not based on the method of defense first, and I like ES+CI a lot more than acrobatics and evasion, so...

EDIT: Also if anyone wanna know, PoB got an update to the 3.5 passive tree.

@ Nebs and Rehv

I definitely agree with Rehv : the CI Occultist brings so much on the table of defenses : more ES than you can have life, immune to Chaos damage, increased effect of curses and Malediction ascendancy node(10% less damage of monsters cursed), immune to stun.

PoE is really a game in which defenses matters a lot, because at one point, you will not be able to one shot everything (apart from some really broken builds, but some took their nerfs).

But FunRoom's build has a lot of good ideas, especially the whole Elemental Equilibrium setup.

We have no room in our mana reserved to do the "Generosity + Hatred" trick, but I will definitely go myself for cold damage, so that I can give the Herald of Agony Crawler "Added Fire damage" and "Physical to Lightning" support gems (which then makes the gem "Elemental Damage with Attacks" outstanding !)

Then FunRoom's build is a Pathfinder's build, so it is sure that you will have slower decay of Virulence charges, and lots of quality of life tools for flasks (but I'm not that good at keeping flasks up all the time so...)

Up to you, both are really solid builds, but same with Rehv, I definitely prefer this one from Vatinas !
Última edição por El_Pakito em 6 de dez de 2018 03:44:30
"
OberstGruppenFurer escreveu:
Update guide before new league start please or I will find you and sing you a terrible songs.

Oh dear god, please no! D:

I would update the guide for 3.5, but I don't see any change to it to be honest. We avoided every balance change, except the change to the virulence (which now grants % increased physical damage instead of just damage), so the guide is just the same for 3.5 as it was for 3.4. :)

"
El_Pakito escreveu:
@ Nebs and Rehv

I definitely agree with Rehv : the CI Occultist brings so much on the table of defenses : more ES than you can have life, immune to Chaos damage, increased effect of curses and Malediction ascendancy node(10% less damage of monsters cursed), immune to stun.

PoE is really a game in which defenses matters a lot, because at one point, you will not be able to one shot everything (apart from some really broken builds, but some took their nerfs).

But FunRoom's build has a lot of good ideas, especially the whole Elemental Equilibrium setup.

We have no room in our mana reserved to do the "Generosity + Hatred" trick, but I will definitely go myself for cold damage, so that I can give the Herald of Agony Crawler "Added Fire damage" and "Physical to Lightning" support gems (which then makes the gem "Elemental Damage with Attacks" outstanding !)

Then FunRoom's build is a Pathfinder's build, so it is sure that you will have slower decay of Virulence charges, and lots of quality of life tools for flasks (but I'm not that good at keeping flasks up all the time so...)

Up to you, both are really solid builds, but same with Rehv, I definitely prefer this one from Vatinas !

I second everything Pakito said! As always, a very insightful answer (and quicker than mine, haha). I feel like insane defenses is what allows me to kill Uber Elder, rather than pure dps (even though we still have very high damage, just maybe a bit lower than some other HoA builds due to our focus on defense).

I saw this on Redit, what do you think of it ?

"
Crawler focused build should still be fine since quill rain is used for stacks and not as a main damage source. Just make sure you out crawler in chest link in case the dmg reduction applies to slotted skills.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional