{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

sry
Última edição por HELPMEDRUGS em 14 de nov de 2018 22:39:33
New player this season, reinstalled poe, post blizzcon like many others.your guide is excellent. I steamrolled most content till the last trial, after getting 1hko by the boss 3 times in the last room I just hugged corners and mashed out skeletons and they killed him off screen. I'm using very poor man's gear with only 4k life so it was a bit of a struggle to stay alive against big hits.

Now these last points I put in commander for now, but there is no practical way to use this right? Since hatred is stacked with generosity by necessity so other dam age modifiers can actually work through ball lightning, we can't capitalize on the resist or more ias. It just feels odd to put the last two points into zombies when there isn't much commitment into them in this build, though the phys reduction is nice.

I'm also unclear on our main source for bleed damage. It's coming from Herald-zombies-maim on weapon?

Thanks again, will be playing this at start of next league, and not joining it at the last month. I'm lazy, and like pets.
@ Pinkabysm:
"
Pinkabysm escreveu:
New player this season, reinstalled poe, post blizzcon like many others.your guide is excellent.

Thank you! And welcome to Wraeclast!

"
I steamrolled most content till the last trial, after getting 1hko by the boss 3 times in the last room I just hugged corners and mashed out skeletons and they killed him off screen. I'm using very poor man's gear with only 4k life so it was a bit of a struggle to stay alive against big hits.

Last trial? Do you mean Uber Labyrinth? Or Kitava? Izaro will definitely one-shot if you stand around. Keep circle strafing, stopping only to cast once before resuming your jog, and you'll usually manage to dodge everything. Or hide and release the Skeletons, as you did. =o)

4k life is certainly when you're most vulnerable to one-shots. Once you break 5k you'll feel much sturdier.

"
Now these last points I put in commander for now, but there is no practical way to use this right? Since hatred is stacked with generosity by necessity so other dam age modifiers can actually work through ball lightning, we can't capitalize on the resist or more ias. It just feels odd to put the last two points into zombies when there isn't much commitment into them in this build, though the phys reduction is nice.

To benefit from Commander of Darkness, you could use an Aul's Uprising amulet with the free Envy aura, but it costs around 5 Exalted Orbs. To get CoD on the cheap, you're going to have to drop something. Spirit Offering+CWDT is your flex link, so you can exchange that for a level 1 Clarity and Stone Golem. There are rare Shaper amulets that grant a level 22 Clarity, but that would reserve too much mana.

I know it doesn't look like Zombies are heavily supported, but they are technically equivalent to a 5L. They have +6 levels, which doubles their damage and life and significantly improves their accuracy. That's like them having two 40% more damage support gems and a supercharged Minion Life support. Then they have Maim and Added Fire. Those are just the direct links. Three Frenzy Charges are equivalent to a Faster Attacks support, not even including the additional 12% more damage and 15% movement speed (charges are much stronger on monsters than players, which is what makes Victario's Charity so good for summoners). Hatred with Generosity is another 51% more damage, which is further buffed up by Elemental Equilibrium. Even though we only use 2 sockets, we are able to get Zombies up to nearly half a million DPS. That's more than many builds' entire DPS, and these guys are just extra for us.

Despite all that, the real reason we bother with Flesh Binder is for the physical damage reduction. Necromancer has few defensive options, so I took the best of the lot. Don't underestimate that damage reduction! I might eventually switch over to Puppet Master to go full DPS, not sure yet.

For defense, you could also try Mistress of Sacrifice. Through Spirit Offering being triggered, you would gain up to 9% of your life as Energy Shield whenever you take at least 538 damage, which is often enough to mitigate the hit itself. CWDT has a 250 millisecond cooldown, and the Offering requires corpses in the area to work. In low level maps this can make you practically immortal even standing in the middle of a pack. One of my older builds used GMP Unearth on CWDT to sustain corpses for this very purpose, but on this build we just don't have the socket space. It's a good defensive measure to start out, but falls behind in red maps.

"
I'm also unclear on our main source for bleed damage. It's coming from Herald-zombies-maim on weapon?

Check out the gloves. It has Poison and Chance to Bleed supports. So Bleed comes from Charged Dash/Blade Flurry/Smite/Static Strike. Chance to Bleed cannot support minions, so the only way for minions to inflict bleed is through the Vulnerability curse.

"
Thanks again, will be playing this at start of next league, and not joining it at the last month. I'm lazy, and like pets.

Awesome! Pets are the best!

@ divinity:
"
divinity escreveu:
thx!

Ball Lightning is not hooked up to Poison - but i'm using "chaos to spells gem" it isn't enough? What I read in build guide

You do need that jewel, or Ball Lightning cannot poison. But chaos damage does not poison on its own. You need % chance to poison. You get 20% from Herald of Agony. So one out of five hits from Ball Lightning will poison. If you attach Poison Support, you will go up to 80% chance to poison, or four out of five hits. That's 1:4, or four times as many Virulence stacks. If you average 10 Virulence on a single boss without Poison Support, you'll hit 40 with Poison Support.

"
For the res, maybe i just was changing gear, my res are capped ofc.

I checked your build here. According to it you're still undercapped. Remember you go into negative resists after defeating Kitava, so check your character screen in game to verify whether you're at 75% for fire, cold, and lightning resistances. You're not using Purity of Elements or Commander of Darkness, so I don't see where the discrepancy might come from. Are you playing in a party?

"
After changing what you said first 2 things.

I still get killed, now 6 times on T4 map.

Do you know what is killing you? I might be able to give playstyle advice if I know. There are certain things you want to be aware of and absolutely avoid. When you're under 5k life there's a lot to be wary of, even moreso in a league designed to kill you.

A bit old, but: Dangerous Mob List for Noobs

"
If ele prof would freeze, but it's just barely slows enemies, temporal chains or enfeeble is much better. And without enfeeble too many one shots.

Even with 40% more monster life, Elemental Proliferation should reliably work if your Spectres are of a high enough level. You're using Frost Sentinels, right? This may be a problem of Spectre level. You aren't just using the same Spectres from Lunaris Concourse or Harbour Bridge, I hope? Those are only level 58-60 monsters. You want to be sure to re-raise all your Spectres in the highest level zone possible. Your lvl18 Spectre gem limits this to level 82 at the moment, and your lvl18 Desecrate limits you to level 77 corpses. You'll want to slot Desecrate into a wand with +1 to Chaos gems to artificially boost corpse level.

Replace Elemental Focus with Controlled Destruction. 100% reduced critical strike chance cannot lower their crit chance below 5%, and since they only have 5% there is literally no downside to CD. Also, EF does not affect the physical damage of Phantasms, while CD will work because Phantasms use a spell.

I don't recommend Spell Echo if you have other equivalent choices. It's effectively a 50% more multiplier (due to the 10% less damage modifier) and reduces the delay of their first cast, but it locks them into place for two casts which ends up being longer than a single normal cast. This delays their ability to retarget when enemies are already dead. With the Unending Hunger jewel, Spectre cast speed becomes a non-issue.

If you're still having trouble freezing, try incorporating Ice Bite into their links with Elemental Proliferation for the additional 15% freeze chance and flat cold damage. Freeze will be your best defense while clearing, since it is infinitely better to not take any hits than it is to take reduced hits. For curses, Projectile Weakness will make them hit harder for longer freezes and pierce into the backline, while Temporal Chains will make freezes expire slower.

"
But i'll level all gems and give it another try. If not, just would go to tabula 6L spectres for killing. Idk, but vaal skeletons are slow also, and for the skeletons you need to summon them for 1, not for me.

Since you haven't taken the Bone Sculptor ascendancy yet, Skeletons will not be nearly as powerful or easy to use. It causes you to summon three at a time, for instance, which is so much better than one at a time (a From Dust jewel can be used in the meantime). It also gives them 100% movement speed, a night and day difference in their mobility that you remarked on.

"
I really put 10 hours to play t4 and t5 maps, now i have 50 chaos of currency but chaos spam didn't do anything good to me. I was leveling from 72 to 73 for 8 hours, cause dying sometimes all 6 times at t5 maps also delve is impossible beyound 65 lvl monsters. Dunno what to do.

Ouch. Yeah, it shouldn't take more than an hour to level up in your 70s, let alone eight, even in a league with these modifiers. If you could record some footage of your play session, I might be able to give you more exact pointers.

Otherwise, you want to push your life pool up (amulet, ring, and boots are lacking life rolls). You could also try the Mistress of Sacrifice ascendancy with CWDT Spirit Offering, as I mentioned to Pinkabysm above, see if that helps mitigate the damage you're taking.

As a worst-case temporary solution, you could try dropping Hatred and Herald of Agony, and take Mind Over Matter with mana nodes for another 1-2k e-life to get you into the mid 80s. You want to reach Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics to drastically cut down on rapid small hits killing you.
Última edição por Hercanic em 31 de mar de 2019 23:10:13
@ Yloss:
"
Yloss escreveu:
Ok i finally did it but i had 1 more blue before my sixth green lol ;)
Now on to six link it :P

Ultracool video! Very motivational :D

You have the best worst luck. For my linking, I just went straight Vorici. I figured I'd hedge my bets on 1500 rather than risk spending 3000+ and carpal tunnel.

Glad you like the video!
Última edição por Hercanic em 31 de mar de 2019 23:09:07
"
Hercanic escreveu:
"
Yloss escreveu:
Ok i finally did it but i had 1 more blue before my sixth green lol ;)
Now on to six link it :P

Ultracool video! Very motivational :D

You have the best worst luck. For my linking, I just went straight Vorici. I figured I'd hedge my bets on 1500 rather than risk spending 3000+ and carpal tunnel.

Glad you like the video!

Yup, thats what i did, 1500 Vorici and bless end of season ;-P
In the weekend im gonna try Elder/Shaper again and see if it gets better :)
Dude, the guide formatting.. really.. horrible to read. I would suggest to restructure and clean up the mess of images, sections, walls of flavor text
Nice guide, will refer to in future. just posting so i can find again easily :)
Hey quick question for you I've been reading the guide and had a thought. Drop the claw and shield and go for dancing duo.

This might be awful but I'd like for you to hear my idea and give me your thought since I really don't know much about summoner scaling.

You get the right gem in dancing duo. You drop shield charge since I feel charging dash will be good enough for mobility and they have a tendency to get ahead of the you comparing to other minions.

Drop the vaal skeleton. It's damage to bosses is legendary but with duo we might still have enough for end game bosses.

We're gonna have to get 3 worm flask for starting dancing duo. Then I would probably beef up zombie more than your original guide with opened gem because we lost shield charge.

The biggest cons I see are the lost of vaal skeleton of course. Also we're loosing charges on minions from the shield wich I heard was a big deal so Idk how big that lost is. And I don't really know another way of giving charges to minions.

The pros? Well I really like dancing duo.

I was also considering adding phase run since we lost shield slam.

Any thought? Thank you

P.S. Soory for my bad English it is my second language.
@ Asmosis:
"
Asmosis escreveu:
Nice guide, will refer to in future. just posting so i can find again easily :)

See you in 3.5! =oD

@ pfal0799:
"
pfal0799 escreveu:
Hey quick question for you I've been reading the guide and had a thought. Drop the claw and shield and go for dancing duo.

This might be awful but I'd like for you to hear my idea and give me your thought since I really don't know much about summoner scaling.

You get the right gem in dancing duo. You drop shield charge since I feel charging dash will be good enough for mobility and they have a tendency to get ahead of the you comparing to other minions.

Drop the vaal skeleton. It's damage to bosses is legendary but with duo we might still have enough for end game bosses.

We're gonna have to get 3 worm flask for starting dancing duo. Then I would probably beef up zombie more than your original guide with opened gem because we lost shield charge.

The biggest cons I see are the lost of vaal skeleton of course. Also we're loosing charges on minions from the shield wich I heard was a big deal so Idk how big that lost is. And I don't really know another way of giving charges to minions.

The pros? Well I really like dancing duo.

I was also considering adding phase run since we lost shield slam.

Any thought? Thank you

P.S. Soory for my bad English it is my second language.

Short answer: You can, but I don't think it's worth it.

Skeletons are the reason we go Necromancer. Take those away and you might as well go Occultist. A Dancing Dervish with Minion Damage + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike + Damage on Full Life + Vile Toxins + Bloodlust deals 133k Shaper DPS. Two of them don't even deal the 270k of a single Skeleton. That's 1/10th the boss damage. To make Dervishes work you have to get fully behind them with lots of flat damage on jewels, which this build does not use because the other minions have 2-5x higher base damage than Dervishes.

Dropping Victario's Charity means a loss of 70 base life, 8% all resists, 30% lightning resist, 11% chaos resist, 20% aura AOE, 17% block (with Acrobatics that comes to 50% attack avoidance), and frenzy charges. Those charges give 45% attack/cast speed, 12% more damage, and 15% movement speed. It's worth an extra support link to 74 minions.

Charged Dash is a movement skill, but it is not a reactionary dodge skill like Shield Charge.
Última edição por Hercanic em 31 de mar de 2019 23:08:31
Thanks for your response. It makes perfect sense. To be honest I've been looking at alot of summoner build lately trying to fit in dancing duo. I've tried to do a double scaling of dancing dervish with facebreaker with the flat phys like you said but it gets really hard to get tanky with those kind of build. I saw alot of pure dancing dervish build. I'm trying to fit more minions in there. I was thinking maybe zombie or spectre. I guess other summons just don't fit very well with other summoning minions :(

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional