How to maintain a map pool.

So daily I see people complaining about not having enough maps, and asking for map drops increases etc. In response I made this thread.

Disclaimer: This is for people who are having trouble maintaining a cache of level 66 maps. This short "guide" will help you maintain a good pool of maps. This "guide" is in no way an invention of my own, but rather a reiteration of what I have learned and been told. I have been very successful in never running out of maps. However, RNG is involved and this will not guarantee you getting maps, but by following this I believe you will maximize your chances for retaining maps and/or growing your map pool.

Some People seem to be confused about how map drops work. To clarify, there is no way to increase your chance of getting maps outside of maps, and in maps only the quantity % of maps itself increase map drops. That being said maps have a significantly higher base chance to drop maps than normal zones like docks, city of sarn, etc.

This makes the most efficient way(imo) to get maps is to obtain modifiers on maps that increase the # of monsters in the map itself. In turn increasing your chances to find maps in each map.

Roll your level 66 maps with a transmute than alteration them until you get something with something like:
Area is a maze(only works on indoor maps)
Area is % larger(only seems to work on outdoor maps)
Area is Inhabited by X
Area has more magic monsters
etc

A few examples of maps I would consider good enough to run:
Spoiler

You will notice the % on many of the listed maps is very low, this is because at this level the % matters very little in map return but rather the actual # of monsters in the zone. 50% more monsters will have a 20% greater return on maps(and items) than an affix that adds 30% quantity.
The game does not adapt to you, you adapt to it.
Última edição por Delmas em 18 de mar de 2013 17:13:58
Bump do to seeing a lot of confused people.
Sadness of map system in one condensed thread.
Good.
Devs read this guide because all that left from your great map system is 'run four easiest affixes or quit".

I think its time to back to the drawing board becasue this is not working as intended i think...still patiently waiting for changes.
Última edição por KarraKurri em 18 de mar de 2013 13:36:45
plz can has more of:

^_^ You will hate me and I am okay with that ^_^
@EnlightenD
"
KarraKurri escreveu:
Sadness of map system in one condensed thread.
Good.
Devs read this guide because all that left from your great map system is 'run four easiest affixes or quit".

I think its time to back to the drawing board becasue this is not working as intended i think...still patiently waiting for changes.

You only should run these affixes if you feel you are starting to get low on maps and wish to resupply your map pool.

When you feel you have a good cache of maps you should start to get high % maps for loot drops.

I fear your reading comprehension is too low.
so u are the smart guy posting like he knows all , well i maze every indoor map , alch every 67+ non indoor , chisel every 70+ and the maze ones i regal it. i run out of maps , now you smart guy what im doing wrong?
i do all maps but blood magic and 0 regen.
"
danyd escreveu:
so u are the smart guy posting like he knows all , well i maze every indoor map , alch every 67+ non indoor , chisel every 70+ and the maze ones i regal it. i run out of maps , now you smart guy what im doing wrong?

Did you read the disclaimer?

If you are consistently running out of maps you are clearly doing something wrong. With more imformation I could probably help, but since you seem like a real dick, go fuck yourself guy.
"
danyd escreveu:

I did a white map once and got a map out of it. Get dunked

"
Arbitraged escreveu:
plz can has more of:

best maps ever
"
Delmas escreveu:
"
danyd escreveu:

Did you read the disclaimer?

If you are consistently running out of maps you are clearly doing something wrong. With more imformation I could probably help, but since you seem like a real dick, go fuck yourself guy.

i think you are the dick here , with your rude answers in other posts about this all round.
i dont care if u help me , im not looking for that. all i know is that before last updates i had a pool of 40+ maps , now i have 14~ 66s.

not going to fight with you im just telling my experience

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional