[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

League update: after 5 days

So that was all done with leveling gear and a couple of cheap upgrades. I'm up to T14-15 maps now and doing low-medium tier Blighted maps just fine (the highest I've found so far was T8). I'm not sure what's the difference. They show monster level matching the base map, but either it's not used for Blighted maps or tower damage scales too - everything looks the same in T1 or T8. And they dropped from Blight encounters in red maps for me.

I barely spent any currency so far, but dropped 2 ex and several expensive cards and uniques. I highly recommend poemap.live - buying maps used to deplete my funds early in a new league every time, but in Blight I've only bought 1 map to upgrade Pantheon and traded for everything else.

Now it's time to prepare for the endgame - Watcher's Eye, good rares, etc. Still not sure how to go about Astramentis. I've never seen it being so expensive! Buying 30-40 of them for the %Int corruption in this league sounds crazy. Good Shaper amulets are still too rare and expensive, maybe there will be more on the market later, or maybe I'll just craft one myself - after a good regalia.

Build notes:

- Cyclone is fantastic for mapping, Blight and most bosses. However, against some bosses it's much better to stand still and pre-cast before engaging or just stand still and cast from range. So far I ended up with Cyclone in the mapping staff with SC, and Winter Orb in the single target staff.

As a side bonus, 1 green socket is much easier to roll than 2. For some endgame targets (most notably Uber Elder) I'll need a 2G staff because Cyclone is clearly better there, but Uber Elder is easily worth making a 3rd staff just for him.

- Pantheon: the Brine King is back! We are immune to stun, but taking care of chills and freezes is very nice. Solaris can still be good for crit maps, HoGM and Atziri, but for everything else Briny is excellent. Tukohama or Yugul for the minor god depending on the map - same as usual.

- I've experimented with the second duration cluster (Exceptional Performance) and found that it's not needed. More Int is better.

- Exploding porcupines can't be just rolled over anymore! They used to pose no danger to this build with CWDT - IC, but since IC was changed from immunity to mitigation you need to be careful with those.

- The 3rd aura (after Discipline and F&S) is very situational: AA for tanking hard stuff, Purity of Elements for EW maps, or some specific Purity if there is too much of 1 type of damage, or Skitterbots for extra DPS. Getting a white socket for it is easy enough with Betrayal (Vorici in Research).
Última edição por Kelvynn em 12 de set de 2019 12:45:58
Re the amulet, either just search for a good three rat e.g. high % and int

or buy Polymath cards at 50c, turn in for an Astramentis, and if the Astra sucks, flip it for 165c and try again.

Divine orbs are ridiculously cheap at 10c each, so you could just try divining a bad Astramentis and either keep or sell.
Última edição por Graiaule em 12 de set de 2019 14:26:20
Nice amulet! Keeping STR and DEX up is the hardest part for me...especially since I haven't completed Uber lab and can't use Pure Talent yet.

This one was cheap and working well so far:

"
[Removed by Support]

Support understands Russian! Delete me please.
Última edição por Graiaule em 12 de set de 2019 15:44:47
"
SasoriOtoko escreveu:
Nice amulet! Keeping STR and DEX up is the hardest part for me...especially since I haven't completed Uber lab and can't use Pure Talent yet.

This one was cheap and working well so far:

Yup, good useful talisman.

You can use Pure Talent immediately and get the +25 to all attributes. You just can't use the Templar thing until Uber lab.

I also search for rare jewels that have +all attributes or +str/int or +dex/int.
Última edição por Graiaule em 12 de set de 2019 15:43:58
"
Graiaule escreveu:

You can use Pure Talent immediately and get the +25 to all attributes. You just can't use the Templar thing until Uber lab.

Oh man...thank you for pointing this out...I'm a stupid idiot....argh I could have been using it for days...ha ha. :-)
Kind of clunky but there is a cool little thing you can do to increase clearspeed in maps. When using the item "Sinvicta's Mettle" in your second slot, you can cast icestorm, swap to sinvicta's, get a kill to activate rampage, then swap back. You keep the rampage effect on swap, so as long as you keep killing you can get up to 50% movement speed and 100% increased damage.

The downsides are that it's kind of clunky and annoying to manage, and that you can't have a weapon for bossing and a weapon for clearing anymore, you will have to use just the one staff. But most map bosses die very quickly for me, even with spell cascade, so it's not much of an issue personally.
Hi illianmarius

As every league your gear is more then gucci for day 5 of a league. Grats for that.
Now my question. What is the oil combination for mystic talents on youre astra. And will on every amu that combination give the mystic talent or have i to try it for my own amulet.
I dont found the combination in google so i ask you.
you can also pm it to me.

i think this would be the most useful enchanting for the amulet.

thanks for it.

as for league.
Did the third blighted map T4 this time and failed hard. also it looks easy what kel did in the video i had no chance to survive.

in normal map til t10 i can mostly do the encounter only mods like map has only ranged monster or attack and movement speed make problems.
but dont like it anyway.
Última edição por ichbinwerichbi em 13 de set de 2019 06:33:10
"
ichbinwerichbi escreveu:
Hi illianmarius

As every league your gear is more then gucci for day 5 of a league. Grats for that.
Now my question. What is the oil combination for mystic talents on youre astra. And will on every amu that combination give the mystic talent or have i to try it for my own amulet.
I dont found the combination in google so i ask you.
you can also pm it to me.

i think this would be the most useful enchanting for the amulet.

thanks for it.

The oil combination for Mystic Talents is : Amber - Opalescent - Silver.

Is not cheap (around 90-95 chaos cost of oils) i was lucky to drop myself a Silver Oil and an Opalescent Oil so that's why i anointed on my amulet.
The combo works for any amulet and its the same all the time.

Best anointing option for us i think is Tranquility (Azure - Golden - Golden) but for the moment i cannot afford that combo of oils, Golden one is 1.1 exalt per piece at the moment and i haven't dropped one yet.

I tend to play more in the first 2-3 weeks of the league and always have my trade filters set to spot any bargain for the items that i follow that's why my gear is decent for "only" 6 days of league. And on top of this come also luck, already dropped 3 exalts up to now, 1 6-linked unique necromancer body armour (sold for 3 exalts), 1x Hollow fossil and some rare divination cards (Rigwald quiver x1, Starforge x2, The Taming x1, etc.)

Última edição por lilianmarius em 13 de set de 2019 07:39:32
"
- Pantheon: the Brine King is back! We are immune to stun, but taking care of chills and freezes is very nice. Solaris can still be good for crit maps, HoGM and Atziri, but for everything else Briny is excellent. Tukohama or Yugul for the minor god depending on the map - same as usual.

Kelvynn, wouldn't the Inquisitor thingy give us freeze removal with sulphur flask (thanks to consecrated ground) ? I guess it's easier to just have chill and freeze passively, but this could free up Solaris/Lunaris.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional