[3.9] Herald of Agony (Melee!) Necro--Get in Monsters' Faces Safely (5M Shaper DPS/8.4kLife+Fortify)

finally come with a build where i actully made use of the Queen's Decree and later on the upgraded version Queen's Escape 2hand sword while leveling (not done many summoner builds so really havent made use of these weapons before :D)

guessing i can litterly level with only zombies and skellies until 62 where swap to cyclone due melee splash on both zombuie and skellis just plow through the mobs
Good job man, nice and funny build.

I was playing Jugg version (very tanky) but now I'm considering to make a mix.
Just wanted to add some tips the people can find useful :)

Using The Golden Rule jewel (1c) will double the stacks you are making as when you poison, you poison yourself and is counting for 2 stacks :).Our phys dmg is quite small so the DoT will not be noticed. Also there is a Panteon for poison imunity :)

The Crawler dont need much accuracy in 3.8, 50% increased and one jewel with ~200 acc for minion is enough to have 95% hit chance against lvl80 monsters.

For proximity shields I'm using Convocation.

Cheers.
Poor_Exile
Última edição por Poor_Exile em 20 de set de 2019 06:57:20
"
nothingtoxic escreveu:
finally come with a build where i actully made use of the Queen's Decree and later on the upgraded version Queen's Escape 2hand sword while leveling (not done many summoner builds so really havent made use of these weapons before :D)

guessing i can litterly level with only zombies and skellies until 62 where swap to cyclone due melee splash on both zombuie and skellis just plow through the mobs

Yes, absolutely, that's how I leveled. I didn't even have any leveling uniques like Queen's Decree, though obviously it's easier if you do.

"
Poor_Exile escreveu:
Good job man, nice and funny build.

I was playing Jugg version (very tanky) but now I'm considering to make a mix.
Just wanted to add some tips the people can find useful :)

The Jugg version requires Empower to hit the incredibly important breakpoint of level 31 herald of agony. Actually using empower means sacrificing another support gem. Your peak DPS will be far lower than mine.

"
Using The Golden Rule jewel (1c) will double the stacks you are making as when you poison, you poison yourself and is counting for 2 stacks :).Our phys dmg is quite small so the DoT will not be noticed. Also there is a Panteon for poison imunity :)

I would've suggested this if we were CI, but we're not. Necros don't get nearly as much tankiness as juggs. People are free to test this for themselves if they have truly abysmal attack speeds (meanwhile, I've upgraded to
to guarantee single-target 40 stacks without my silver flask up), but you can't just say "this worked for my jugg, it'll work for your necro too!". It won't. We're only getting about 1k regeneration (after the 30% increased recovery rate from the necro passive, which is a functional more multiplier on our regeneration), and we're taking the passive that makes minion damage apply to us (merely because it gives our minions a boost as well, and it isn't enough damage for physical reflect to kill us except in incredibly dense packs where we should be trying to cyclone the peripheral), so we can quickly gimp ourselves this way.

Further, the Soul of Shakari is the worst conceivable suggestion, because that combo doesn't work, rendering your golden rule jewel utterly pointless in the first place. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2244240/page/1#p15918796 Immune to Poison and Unaffected by Poison are 100% completely different concepts. If you are immune to poison then you are not reflecting the poisons back on yourself and will not gain virulence for poisoning yourself (because you won't be poisoning yourself). Kindly do not spread outright misinformation in my topic.

"
The Crawler dont need much accuracy in 3.8, 50% increased and one jewel with ~200 acc for minion is enough to have 95% hit chance against lvl80 monsters.

I do appreciate this data, but like I said in the OP, I don't go for tons of accuracy, I just take the minion passives that are convenient and those happen to contain an impressive amount of accuracy. Also, we don't want a 95% chance to hit, we want a 100% chance to hit, because that's possible now ;)

"
For proximity shields I'm using Convocation.

Cheers.

Finally, a wholly reasonable suggestion that I didn't already think of. I'll add it to the "other gems" section and credit you.
Thanks for the guide.
Would you say this is a good build for deep delve?
"
FedeS escreveu:
Thanks for the guide.
Would you say this is a good build for deep delve?

Unfortunately, for truly deep delve, melee will never be viable (since they've been working hard to make damage immunity impossible, anyway).

If you just wanna handle depth 600 to maybe 1000, then yeah, via upgrading your gear, leveling up, maybe hitting 9k life with expensive gear and a level 100 tree, you should be able to handle it just fine.

If you're trying to go to 2000+, this is a terrible idea as you will die in one stray hit and are deliberately diving into melee range repeatedly.
Última edição por codetaku em 21 de set de 2019 21:21:01
any thoughts between Plaguebringer Vs Commander of Darkness as the last Lab passives? you only mentioned plague vs mistress of sacrifise i get it that you gain about 10% reduced damage taken but commander would net alot more damage and unlock even more resistence on gear to push more damage or life?
Gonna be giving this a try as a respec from my skelly starter. Will report back results :)

Also, no POB? XD
Hie..

Im currently playing ur build and so far loving it..really enjoy the clear speed and damage output..right now aiming to have around 6k+ hp plus my HP not regenerate good enough to tank up huge damage..
"
nothingtoxic escreveu:
any thoughts between Plaguebringer Vs Commander of Darkness as the last Lab passives? you only mentioned plague vs mistress of sacrifise i get it that you gain about 10% reduced damage taken but commander would net alot more damage and unlock even more resistence on gear to push more damage or life?

Commander of Darkness isn't nearly as big a boost as you seem to think.

It doesn't give you "more" anything. It gives you 30% increased damage and, with this build, a whopping 3% increased attack speed for you and your minions. If you spec a level 1 clarity and precision (where are you finding the gem slots??), this gives you and your minions an additional 6% increased attack speed.

The only benefit of commander of darkness is, in fact, the resistances. If your build is struggling to get resistances (which you shouldn't be with an extra 30% from the bone armour passive), then it's absolutely a solid defensive choice. 9% increased attack speed and 30% increased damage is just... trivial, compared to 10% more damage from plaguebringer.

The reason for mistress of sacrifice would, in contrast, be to get much longer-lasting spirit offerings, and also to get the bonus energy shield from your offerings. There's no pure offense to be found there if your spirit offering is triggering often, but the defensive bonus can be sizeable, especially in sextanted maps where you're decimating thick hordes of enemies that will all be sacrificed at once. But as you saw, I choose plaguebringer.

"
Aevaris escreveu:
Gonna be giving this a try as a respec from my skelly starter. Will report back results :)

Also, no POB? XD

Good luck and have fun!

As for PoB, I posted one already, but fine, I'll add it to the main post. I actually got some further optimized gear recently so it's a good time for it.

"
nazseha escreveu:
Hie..

Im currently playing ur build and so far loving it..really enjoy the clear speed and damage output..right now aiming to have around 6k+ hp plus my HP not regenerate good enough to tank up huge damage..

Yeah, I focused a lot on defense early on. It's important to have your 10 minions out, too, to maximize the effects of the bone passive. And although this build is fairly tanky, it's important to be able to know when to take yourself out of combat with frostblink. If your agony crawler doesn't have Chain yet, you could die from the back of a pack while the agony crawler is still hitting the front of it.
Última edição por codetaku em 22 de set de 2019 10:26:16
hit level 76, killed normal Aztiri with a 4L HoA and the clear was good but getting 5L and get "correct" gems in with Chain clear just got boosted 10 fold just hopeing to get a 6L in some near future and also the helm enchant for getting 2 extra projectiles for the crawler.

another questing what would be the best anoitments from blight league? with the oils since on the amulet you could get an extra free noteable from anywhere of the tree

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional