[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Hey hadc,

Could you please tell me your thoughts about Creeping Frost? I'm finding myself uncertain about Wintertide Brand, and while I cherish the ideaor Vortex 6L and maybe Cold Snap 4L, I'm quite sure I would miss AoE.

Can you sell me on it, or tell me to run away?

Thank you!
Is this a pretty low APM kinda playstyle (not much button pressing happening)? I didn't like EA totems partly cause of that, so I'm not sure if I should try this or not.
"
Gallaxe escreveu:
Hey hadc,

Could you please tell me your thoughts about Creeping Frost? I'm finding myself uncertain about Wintertide Brand, and while I cherish the ideaor Vortex 6L and maybe Cold Snap 4L, I'm quite sure I would miss AoE.

Can you sell me on it, or tell me to run away?

Thank you!

Well I can share more about my build and you can make up your own mind. Ultimately, it really depends on your preference in playstyle and content. I don’t mind pressing a few more buttons, I like to be super tanky (which is why I went 90% all ele res) and I love doing bosses. So my build is geared towards that.

I have 5L vortex + 5L CS on chest and a 4L CF. My CF has about 300K DPS which is enough to clear normal mobs and I’ll throw CS on top of it if it’s a particularly tough pack, CF +CS will be above 1mil DPS. I’ll use Vaal Cold Snap (1mil DPS) when running through really huge and tough pack like in Simulacrum. Clear won’t be as easy as WTB, but still decent. The main difference between my variant and a WTB variant is that I spend the points I saved on defence and a little on DPS.

I’ll share 2 videos here so you can take a look at the possibility of a super tanky Cold DOT character and it can be adapted to WTB too but maybe less DPS (with the same gear). So the best advice I can give is test them on your character and see if you like it. It’ll only take some regrets and maybe cluster jewels 🙂

25ex budget, 2.2mil total DPS (shows T16 mapping too) - https://youtu.be/maUHyPeqLqk

50ex budget, 4mil total DPS (wave 30 sim) - https://youtu.be/IHF6IiGoLeM
Última edição por hadc em 3 de mar de 2022 18:22:18
I really want to try the Melding of the Flesh combo, but I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to optimally cap my resistances in league. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
"
andrew8448 escreveu:
I really want to try the Melding of the Flesh combo, but I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to optimally cap my resistances in league. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
You can follow Hadc's passive tree where there are some ele resistances in those to help. Other than that just make sure you have as much res in your rings, gloves and boots.

You can take a look at my profile too.
Thank you. You're a gift.
Got a question: Does this build have mana leech? I got the implicit on my jewels but not sure if it does anything.
"
eosguy escreveu:
Got a question: Does this build have mana leech? I got the implicit on my jewels but not sure if it does anything.

If it says leech from spell then it’ll work with the hit from vortex or whatever spell you cast, not sure about WTB. Definitely not with the DOTs though.
"
hadc escreveu:
"
eosguy escreveu:

If it says leech from spell then it’ll work with the hit from vortex or whatever spell you cast, not sure about WTB. Definitely not with the DOTs though.

It says
20% increased total recovery per second from Mana Leech

Using almost same skills as you right now. No longer on WTB. :)
This is weird question, but in Shak's POB his final gem set up doesn't include brand recall. It feels super awkward/dangerous casting brands on every pack. Has anyone else perservered with brand recall with T16+ mapping, and if so what did you drop to make room for it? I was thinking frost bomb since I often forget/struggle to get that on to really mobile bosses but at the same time I do appreciate it when I remember since overall single target damage is a bit lacking.

Any advice/opinions much obliged :)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional