Righteous Fire

"
HaleBopp escreveu:
RF doesnt stack anymore from more than 1 player. Some weeks ago before 1.0 it did stack if 2 players had different amount of HP
Righteous (and unrighteous) fire has only ever applied the most powerful one at a time if an enemy is in range of multiple, like all aura effects. This has been the case ever since the skill was first implemented, and has not changed.
Following patch 1.0.2, does Inner Force still increase the self-burn you take?
"
Illsonmedia escreveu:
"
IncogHS102 escreveu:
I think there needs to be a unique that halfs or nullifies 75% of the overall damage done to the player by righteous fire. Of course at a cost like you can only use a level 5-10 version of the gem and -40chaos resist or something. As it stands this skill sucks impossible to even use as intended by GGG, as a quick power boost, with out dedicating all your passives, resists, and gear to it.

I second something like this. Between Rise of the Phoenix, Elemental Adaptation, Vitality, +Aura Effect passives, HP regen passives, and Purity of Fire, I still can't even come close to break even with the regen.

With all those you can. It's actually not even hard to break even with the regen with all those components. I think the issue is that you actually -have- to use all those components to even run RF. It would be cool if there were more options to sustaining RF than just what you posted.
Última edição por Hrishi em 1 de dez de 2013 22:41:14
Does Inner Force still increase the burn damage on the player with the new change?
"
FoolyCoolant escreveu:
To all of you using righeous fire right now, how do you deal with end-game maps?

Half-regen, no regen, vulnerability, -max..all fairly common in the map pool affix..I'm thinking of doing a low-life RF build but it's looking like half the time I won't be able to actually use RF.

You just have to turn it off and have and lose your spell damage buff. It sucks but what can you do? To be fair my build is incapable of running no-regen maps and half-regen maps are something I avoid, so it's mostly just -max and vulnerability that I have to turn it off for. Elemental weakness is possible by overcapping resists of course.

I wish there was a way to have a diminished effect of RF with a lower sustain cost. I had to level all the way to level 85 before I could even use the skill since the sustain is the same at level 1 as it is at level 20+. Would changing the amount it burns for at various level thresholds be possible? That way people do get to enjoy using the skill at lower levels too. Something like..

levels 1-5 : burns for 30% of your max life/10% of your ES
levels 6-10 : burns for 50% of your max life/30% of your ES
levels 11-15 : burns for 70% of your max life/50% of your ES
levels 16-20 : burns for 90% of your max life/70% of your ES

Just random numbers I threw out but I'm sure you get the idea!
Última edição por Hrishi em 13 de dez de 2013 09:36:39
"
as it stands now, does GGG intend this to be a main skill or a buff skill?

Nothing says it can't be both? The spell damage buff is pretty good as a buff skill, and the degen damage is pretty good as a main skill.
"
Ludvator escreveu:
I havent found RF weapon switch exploit on the list of known issues.. Does this mean its intended to work like this?
If you mean that it's maintained after switching away the gem, then yes. Part of the point of RF is it's dangerous because you can't turn it off at will unless you gear specifically for that (flasks). If you could turn it off at will that would be completely lost.
Such things are being discussed internally. There isn't a decision yet on how to approach those.
RF does not require any specific items to be used. It's very hard to maintain indefinitely without such items, but that's not the main point of the skill anyway.

RF explicitly cannot kill you, it ends when you have 1 life, before the point you'd die. Use as a short-duration, powerful spell damage buff only requires that your regen/resists conspire to let you deal enough damage to kill the immediately threatening monsters before it reaches that point, and then you can regain life with flasks before the next pack. That's a risk for the player to calculate on a case-by-case basis, using knowledge, experience and skill to determine when to use it.
Última edição por Mark_GGG em 27 de jan de 2014 20:08:45
"
Mark_GGG escreveu:
RF does not require any specific items to be used. It's very hard to maintain indefinitely without such items, but that's not the main point of the skill anyway.

RF explicitly cannot kill you, it ends when you have 1 life, before the point you'd die. Use as a short-duration, powerful spell damage buff only requires that your regen/resists conspire to let you deal enough damage to kill the immediately threatening monsters before it reaches that point, and then you can regain life with flasks before the next pack. That's a risk for the player to calculate on a case-by-case basis, using knowledge, experience and skill to determine when to use it.

If this is the case, I feel like it should be easier to turn off, rather than needing to rely on a specific flask mod :(

Is there a reason recasting it doesn't turn it off?

This is honestly my favourite skill, just to get your character to be able to run the skill alone takes so much time on spreadsheets! I just feel like it could be improved upon because to run it indefinitely there is often only one right answer in many cases.

I know it wasn't the intended usage of the skill, but I'd be surprised to see people actually using it as a short term burst of spell damage over running it indefinitely. At the very least people who run it indefinitely are definitely the large majority.
Última edição por Hrishi em 29 de jan de 2014 06:08:31

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional