Fire Trap

"
RysanMarquise escreveu:
"
Mark_GGG escreveu:
"
Targuil escreveu:
Fire Trap also does not benefit from concentrated area support.
Fire trap has been fixed to work with area-based supports for 0.9.11.

Will this cause the DoT to increase in damage with Concentrated Effect, or will it just decrease in size?
It sill increase the damage dealt in the initial explosion, it can't affect degen/DoT effects at the moment.
Is fire trap affected by increased burn damage passives? I would tend to think no since I don't think it actually applies burning? (I can't remember)
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti escreveu:
Is fire trap affected by increased burn damage passives? I would tend to think no since I don't think it actually applies burning? (I can't remember)
The skill applies burning damage increases to the fire damage per minute dealt by the ground fire.

You are correct that technically it can't apply the actual burning buff (but I may be able to change this in future) but the buff it applies is identical other than how it works when applied as an aura. This means that 'in burning ground' and 'burning' will stack together if both are present on the same enemy.
"
Mark_GGG escreveu:
"
Xapti escreveu:
The skill applies burning damage increases to the fire damage per minute dealt by the ground fire.

You are correct that technically it can't apply the actual burning buff (but I may be able to change this in future) but the buff it applies is identical other than how it works when applied as an aura. This means that 'in burning ground' and 'burning' will stack together if both are present on the same enemy.

Reason why quality fire trap+ignite shines for dot.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Yeah, although the trap itself doesn't deal enough fire damage for ignite to be worth it— does it? I guess if mana isn't an issue and you have no better supports to use then there's no problem, but I'd think an added damage support would be more effective than this if the base fire damage isn't high.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti escreveu:
Yeah, although the trap itself doesn't deal enough fire damage for ignite to be worth it— does it? I guess if mana isn't an issue and you have no better supports to use then there's no problem, but I'd think an added damage support would be more effective than this if the base fire damage isn't high.

After latest patch, a fire based witch oneshots regular mobs with fire trap. Base damage is second highest by far for any fire spell. Only Molten shell and possibly detonate dead in some situations can out do it. And after next patch Concentrated area works too. I suspect I'll instakill rares with 3 stacked Concentrated area fire traps.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Última edição por Targuil em 5 de jul de 2012 00:57:33
"
Mark_GGG escreveu:

Glad to read it is affected by burning damage passives, but the gem tooltip (even the skillbar tooltip) does not show any increase after putting a skill points in burning damage or equipping an item with +x% burning damage on it
The damage listed on the gem is only the initial explosion I believe. Thus an increase to burning damage wouldn't affect it.
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
TheRabbit303 escreveu:
The damage listed on the gem is only the initial explosion I believe. Thus an increase to burning damage wouldn't affect it.

The gem displays both the explosion and the burning ground damage. What I wrote is referred to the burning damage, the explosion damage works fine.
I would request that when zoning, if a character has a trap count greater than 0 then the trap count does not reset to 0. Highly frustrating zoning in and traps are sitting at 0 while I fend off a horde of mobs.

Either that or make sure all skills and spells have an 8 second "cooldown" when someone zones in.

The last part was a bit of sarcasm. Yet that is exactly what it feels like when one of your bread and butter skills needs to warm up before laying waste.

I am not advocating trap count set to 3 when leaving town but only when a player is out in the wilderness and the trap count has already charged up to 3 and he zones to another hostile area.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional