Spell Totem

"
pneuma escreveu:
Does the type of the skill linked to totem affect its defensive stats? (I remember this being true, such that red skills make higher hp/armor totems, and green skills make more evasive totems.)
No, this is not the case, nor has it ever been, to my knowledge.

The only things that affect a totem's stats are: which gem the totem came from, and what level that gem is.
"
pneuma escreveu:
"
Mark_GGG escreveu:
"
pneuma escreveu:
Does the type of the skill linked to totem affect its defensive stats? (I remember this being true, such that red skills make higher hp/armor totems, and green skills make more evasive totems.)
No, this is not the case, nor has it ever been, to my knowledge.
The only things that affect a totem's stats are: which gem the totem came from, and what level that gem is.

I was wondering if there was a pattern in the totem stats (hp/armor/evasion/resists) based on the color of the linked skill.

From my testing it looks like only the level of the Totem support controls the life of the totem for a given skill (or if the linked skill's level matters at all, there's a very small difference between level 1 and level 17). Is this intended? It seems different than what you described.
That's exactly what I described. The totem gem used and it's level determine the stats, not any other gems.
The totems have always had a range to put an upper limit on how far away they can attack (effectively, this is used to set their aggro distance). It was never intended that they could hit things screens away.

The range stat was being implemented incorrectly, and as such not having any effect - this was fixed a while back and the fix went into 0.9.12 (or so I believe).

This does not cause totems to have tiny ranges - the smallest totem range I'm aware of is as far from you as you can summon the totem. They can (and do) still target monsters a noticeable distance from themselves.

I'm not sure what's causing the reports of totems not attacking really close monsters or monsters that are hitting them, as I've been unable to replicate this locally after a lot of testing. Works every time for me. I do know it happens as one of the Alpha testers posted a video this morning recording the behaviour, but for now we're not clear on what specifically causes the totems to sometimes do this. We're still looking into it.
What happened to the totem range was we made it work. Totems have always had a limited range, but initially it was bugged, giving them infinite range, which was unintended and completely unbalanced. There are passive skill which increase the totem range (and no that range is fixed, they actually do something :P).
No. Totem range is not an area of effect.
"
CanHasPants escreveu:
How do spell totems interract with charges?
Totems have 0 max frenzy and power charges, because it's impossible for them to get any benefit from them.
"
CanHasPants escreveu:
Particularly those gained by Voll's Protector: will the totems gain charges for themselves, for me, or not at all?
The totem gets a charge added up to it's maximum (0).
"
CanHasPants escreveu:
Do I need Conduit to extend the benefit of my power charges to the spell totem?
Conduit affects party members. Totems are not party members.
"
CanHasPants escreveu:
If the totems gain charges for themselves, would Conduit extend their benefit to me?
No. The totems are not your party members.
"
CanHasPants escreveu:
For that matter, can Conduit be used to grant the benefit of charges beyond max charges?
No.
"
Ouroboros226 escreveu:
If you have the 2 x totem passive and hex mastery both, will the 2 curses stack properly?
Yes
Yes
"
nieth79 escreveu:
The thing is: there is a discrepancy there, i'm using SPORK and i have a spell totem with spark and loads of passives that increase cast speed. The result is a little odd:
If you check the spell with the second method it shows ONLY the cast speed from the faster casting gem linked to the SPORK:
-30% from the totem
+36% from the faster casting
= net result shown there is 6% increased cast
That's not a discrepancy, that's how skill popups work. The skill has 6% increased cast speed, which is added to your cast speed bonuses. The skill shows what stats the skill has on top of yours. That's fundamentally how skill popups work.
"
Redzor escreveu:
Please allow totems to have as many power/frenzy/endurance charges as player can.

Maybe nerf charge effectiveness for totems if it is required for balance issues.

It will open some new possibilites for gem combinations which is always interesting and fun to explore and try.
No, it won't. The reason totems can't have frenzy and power charges is because they fundamentally cannot benefit from having those charges. It is not possible for them to have any effect on skill used by the totem. They are using your skills, which depend on your stats, not the totems. This giving to totem stats from charges cannot affect your skills.
Última edição por Mark_GGG em 24 de set de 2013 20:08:22

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional