[3.16] 🔥 Bah's Ignite WoC Elementalist 🔥 | Kill mobs 2 screens away | Burninate A9 Sirus with 3M DPS

"
gekkerer escreveu:
I had a lot of fun playing this build briefly in the Atlas Invasion event, and am planning to play it in 3.17. I'm not terribly experienced, so can you explain why the golems are important? It seems like the Mastermind of Discord and Heart of Destruction ascendancies would be good since wave of conviction already applies exposure. Plus rearranging a few of the passive points to defense to make up for lack of golem bonuses.

Thanks for the fun build!
You're welcome! Golems are very important for defences and utility. They provide regen, physical damage reduction, Combustion debuff, some damage, cast speed (no additional DPS but QoL and mobility), and most importantly they tend to body-block enemy mobs and projectiles. Because of Elementalist, they also endlessly respawn.

Mastermind/Heart will have more DPS, but will probably be a lot more of a glass cannon build.
Ignite deal 28% less damage is 28% of 125% = 90% or 125%-28%= 97%
But we still deal more damage from the woc buff right?
"
AltZBeYourSelf escreveu:
Ignite deal 28% less damage is 28% of 125% = 90% or 125%-28%= 97%
But we still deal more damage from the woc buff right?

Where are you getting the 125% from? Either way, less and more are always independent multipliers and are never additive. WoC got about a 40% base damage buff, and 1.40 * (1-.28) = 1.008. So at gem level 20 and with no other sources of added damage, it's almost exactly a wash. Might vary a bit based on +gem levels or other added damage, but they hit what they were aiming for - 3.17 ignite damage on WoC should be roughly equal to what it is today.

"
MagosBiologis escreveu:
"
gekkerer escreveu:
I had a lot of fun playing this build briefly in the Atlas Invasion event, and am planning to play it in 3.17. I'm not terribly experienced, so can you explain why the golems are important? It seems like the Mastermind of Discord and Heart of Destruction ascendancies would be good since wave of conviction already applies exposure. Plus rearranging a few of the passive points to defense to make up for lack of golem bonuses.

Thanks for the fun build!
You're welcome! Golems are very important for defences and utility. They provide regen, physical damage reduction, Combustion debuff, some damage, cast speed (no additional DPS but QoL and mobility), and most importantly they tend to body-block enemy mobs and projectiles. Because of Elementalist, they also endlessly respawn.

Mastermind/Heart will have more DPS, but will probably be a lot more of a glass cannon build.

Mastermind and Heart seems enormously less tanky (it's what Mathil's build suggests ofc), but I'm struggling to see why we go Elemancer. We don't stack a ton of golems for the increased buff effect, the +1 max only gives a lightning (or ice) golem which are of mediocre impact, and we don't especially care about golem ele immunity. Seems like those points would be better spent on extra exposure for bosses, Aegis, or major auto-chill. Imo Elemancer seems like a hybrid offense/defense choice for the final points but not especially good at either. Most of what we want for golems is under Liege.

Edit: checked numbers with the default POB - swapping Elemancer for Mastermind was 17.4% more Sirus ignite dps in exchange for a loss of 137 life regen, 2.2% crit, and 2.4 cast speed->1.8. Those 2 ascendancy points are essentially interchangeable with the 5 passives we spend on the golem wheel. (Also bumped mana regen considerably, which I find to be better QoL for this build than cast speed)
IGN:
Catdurid
SkelliesErrywhere
Última edição por Mankrik147 em 3 de fev de 2022 21:03:59
I reeeeeaaaally want to switch to 1h+shield (so I can use tempest shield and shield charge) but damn it is hard to come remotely close to the damage from Searing Touch without spending a ton right now
Hello!

Simple but effective build guide. It helped improve my own ignite build. Thanks a lot!

My current build uses Divine Ire, which is pretty similar to WoC in terms of damage conversion and all. So I wondered, what are your thoughs of using Divine Ire with this build?

Except for the obvious downside of DI compared to WoC, which are longer casting on place, I guess DI would have a better damage output.

Cheers!
"
Facedude666 escreveu:
Hello!

Simple but effective build guide. It helped improve my own ignite build. Thanks a lot!

My current build uses Divine Ire, which is pretty similar to WoC in terms of damage conversion and all. So I wondered, what are your thoughs of using Divine Ire with this build?

Except for the obvious downside of DI compared to WoC, which are longer casting on place, I guess DI would have a better damage output.

Cheers!
You're welcome!

Honestly I think any high-hit-damage spell will work for this build. I guess DI will have better single-target damage (far higher single-hit damage than WoC) at the cost of clearspeed.
Última edição por MagosBiologis em 7 de mar de 2022 23:14:52

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional