[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️

You POB is a bit deceptive, only way to reach the damage that you reach is due you ignoring any sort of resistances in rings, gloves, shoes and only 1 resistance in belt and amulet.

Since you got a bs jewel with 100% resistances.
"
triplod escreveu:
You POB is a bit deceptive, only way to reach the damage that you reach is due you ignoring any sort of resistances in rings, gloves, shoes and only 1 resistance in belt and amulet.

Or by playing it like most people did, and getting proper gear? People got to x3 from that DPS even.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Hi, thanks for the awesome build. I'm using the Void Battery & Malachai's Loop with Lightning Conduit build modified and tweaked.
Was trying to convert it to Crackling Lance, but i'm getting 1/4 of the damage (best case scenario, by playing around in POB) than with LC. What am i doing wrong?
I'll leave the link to my build.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
https://poe.ninja/builds/challenge/character/Syfryd/Intravenouss?i=1&search=name%3Dintra
Última edição por Syfryd em 5 de jul de 2023 16:48:15
Crackling Lance relies on Intensify for DPS. You gotta get the Mastery for that, and use the gem. Apex Mode is also pretty much a must for Uber bosses.

You should also get Lightning Leech on your helmet, or anywhere else...

Última edição por CantripN em 5 de jul de 2023 17:48:42
"
CantripN escreveu:
Crackling Lance relies on Intensify for DPS. You gotta get the Mastery for that, and use the gem. Apex Mode is also pretty much a must for Uber bosses.

You should also get Lightning Leech on your helmet, or anywhere else...

I do have life lightning leech on amulet and energy shield leech on the passive.
Thanks for the tips, will give it a shot in the evening.
"
triplod escreveu:
Your POB is a bit deceptive, only way to reach the damage that you reach is due you ignoring any sort of resistances in rings, gloves, shoes and only 1 resistance in belt and amulet.

Yeah, I have to come back here after playing this build this league and say I've run into nothing but problems trying to follow things.

There's multiple elements of conflicting information in the forum thread and in POB.

This build seems to not have been playtested for an entire year and just updated based on theoretical information. Now, the author may have a serious amount of game knowledge and can do this, but it's more like a "just trust me bro" vs "watch how it's done", you know what I mean?

I initially was wary of the build because there were zero videos. Nobody new to it knows how it plays.

I'm at red maps and I still don't know how it plays. I'm still using Arc and manually swapping to Crackling Lance to kill bosses because Arc's single target damage awful, but CL's map clear is awful and feels clunky. Hardcasting Orb of Storms is awful; it's for playing tower defense in content, not for map clearing. Lightning Conduit does nothing because shock needs to be applied, which means another hardcast of another skill, like Arc or OoS, and repetitive swapping constantly; clunky and RSI inducing.

Curses. There's 2 curses. We have to hardcast both of them? The leveling guide says to transition to hextouch, and it's nowhere in the final skill list.

Wave of Conviction is also listed in the leveling guide, but nowhere in the final skill list.

There's more auras than we have mana to use. Even loading the PoB stock it warns there's not enough Mana/ES to use Zealotry, so something's wrong from the start.

There's multiple separate links for skills than we have gear.

Cluster jewels. There's a bunch of information on cluster jewels, and then a one liner that says "they're bad don't use them anymore". Why even have the information then?

The guide says to go for 100% spell suppression, but none of the PoB gear has spell suppression on it except the boots and gloves, which total to around 30%. How are things adding up to 100%? It seems 51% comes from the skill tree (30%+"lucky"), but the numbers don't add up to me. Courage implicit on amulet is the only outlier, and good luck getting that as a newbie, nevermind with stats you actually need (Dex is super lacking). There's a section for this on the main forum page, but yeah, I only understand half of it.

And like the person I quoted mentioned, there's a bogus "+100% resistance" jewel. Recouping this resistance on gear significantly reduces the damage output (and ability to freeze) of the build, especially if you have to do it with the rings with implicit resists. And then the str/dex you need too.

Is there anyone that understood and followed this guide and actually can post a video of how it's supposed to work?

The way things are written by the author, they seem to only be catering to people who actually know how PoE works and have been playing for a decade (the Cuphead picture comes off as condescending). I am unfortunately not one of those people. I have been playing on and off FOR a decade, but I don't even know how to craft items beyond basic alching/essence, or how many league mechanics actually work. I just play the content, follow a general build guide and use what gear drops (SSF), that's it. Basically like Diablo 2.

Currently, I have 4.2k HP, capped resists (-10% chaos), 70% phys reduction, and I'm dying multiple times each red map, and getting hitstunned by most elite attacks (god forbid the map mods has multiple +damage, or you run into soul eater or lightning tempest/prison/whatever on-hit affixes; beyond overtuned). I'm at a wall and feel like I've wasted my time this league and should just go back to playing an old standard character. Also doesn't help this league mechanic is one of the worst yet. Ultimatum was better FFS..

PoE has gotten obscenely complex over the last decade. It's really become nearly unbearable to play. I can't imagine how someone brand new to the game feels about it.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Última edição por DAOWAce em 11 de jul de 2023 19:38:41
All fair points :)

To start, just use the POB for the Lightning Conduit version, you'll have a much better time. Arc just doesn't have the DPS unless you gear is already amazing, and CL has... issues.

If you have specific issues, feel free to ask them or hop on the Discord, it's NOT a hard build to play, but you DO need to understand PoE to do it properly.

It's the first time I ever reach maps in POE, and I was using some variation of this build another player made for a while though it was absolutely miserable. Personally maining crackling lance, even if I know the build would probably be much better with Conduit/Arc.

I've read this thread and things are marginally better now. Adding Fire and Cold damage using veil mods allows Galvanize to insta-freeze anything rushing your way, and hydrosphere on arcanist mark tends to do the rest of the heavy lifting.

I still die a lot in red maps, especially the ones with enemies that can outrun your freeze ability. Swapping one of the crit rings and swapping for a resistance (Whichever you need to cap) is definitively something the build should do, spell suppression won't save you from an elemental nuke when you remove the BS 100% resistance jewel. High life is your only defense against Chaos damage, afaik.

Again, I'm a total beginner in POE but having to do this amount of effort to make this build work, while frustrating, is also really good to make me learn all the game has to offer.
Última edição por Feuver em 13 de jul de 2023 11:26:15
Absolutely, self-casting isn't in a great spot right now. You gotta spend silly amounts of gear and effort to just survive, and also if you wanna do any real damage. PoE isn't D4 :D

But hey, the struggle teaches you how the game works.

Wanna do ez mode? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

Última edição por CantripN em 14 de jul de 2023 13:53:12
For anyone playing this for 3.22, there really isn't much new that applies. New Tattoo for +1 gem level, maybe some other new toys.

Balance of Terror is back with Sanctum, so there's that, too.

I know Crackling Lance is "PEW PEW LAZORS", but really do yourself a favour and get with the times - use Lightning Conduit :)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional