anyone saw blizzard new season content? LOL

"
Phrazz escreveu:
Make fun of D4 all you want, guys. But for the sake of God, leave Crocs out of it. Yes, they are ugly as hell, but they are the most practical footwear ever created. I love (and hate) my Crocs.

Hehe, crocs are the D4 of shoes.
"
hasatt0 escreveu:
"
Phrazz escreveu:
Make fun of D4 all you want, guys. But for the sake of God, leave Crocs out of it. Yes, they are ugly as hell, but they are the most practical footwear ever created. I love (and hate) my Crocs.

Hehe, crocs are the D4 of shoes.

Nah, it's the opposite of D4. D4 is beautiful, but fails in most other areas (IMO). Crocs are practical as hell, but fails miserably on looks.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
This is still in General Discussion. Not Off Topic.

As the kids say: rent-free.
The name says it all.
"
Phrazz escreveu:
"
鬼殺し escreveu:
I know, I am being reasonable here and in a thread of this nature, it's rather unExilean of me, but eh. It is what it is.

unExilean? Nah, people are allowed to like the games they like. But when it comes to Diablo and PoE, I have a feeling that a lot of people are somewhat prejudiced and narrow minded - I think we're all guilty of that, to some degree.

But what I struggle with here, Mr. Old/new DS, is that Diablo's approach to MTXs and Battlepasses on top of a full price, was being defended because of this "live service" that would push out a lot of content. It's early yet, sure, and by all means, they could still produce something that's close to justifying all of that. But this time around? We're closer to free D3 themed seasons without battlepasses or MTX than we are "sure, this amount of content is justifying everything".

Oh..is that the argument here?

Yeah. It's shit. Good friend of mine who hasnt touched arpgs since d2 wanted to crossplay w me (he has come to terms with my filthy console tendencies) but when he saw the price PLUS the aggressive mtxes and battlepass he noped right out. And I, as someone who tore through that stupendously surprising 7/10 story, have 0 intention of buying the BP. Like or not I am more inclined to get Naraka's, since it is f2p and a f2p BP is far less offensive to me in terms of monetisation. But I won't let that stop me from enjoying my money's worth on DIV. As I told said friend, I have learned to hold my nose to not miss out on games I know I will very much like.

He doesn't know that PoE taught me that -- the only f2p I played before PoE was Allods Online. Infamously p2w and I was kinda broke at the time soooo...yeah. I wasn't exactly in favour of f2p when I was forced to embrace it by Blizzard way back in early 2012.

I don't regret that and I equally don't regret buying DIV purely as a one off purchase.

But I completely agree that they are pushing the service angle too soon and with too little added. Otoh it is a free and optional update...truly optional from what I can tell as opposed to the FOMO-laced PoE league mill.

So I hold my nose. I did defend their decision. I still will if they deliver meaty post-release content. Right now that's still an if.
The name says it all.
Última edição por 鬼殺し em 19 de jul de 2023 19:34:46
"
鬼殺し escreveu:
Oh..is that the argument here?

It's one of them? I always judge content/features/hours of entertainment against monetization and price, and think every consumer should.

"
So I hold my nose. I did defend their decision. I still will if they deliver meaty post-release content. Right now that's still an if.

"Meaty"? I don't really see that happening without a AAA Expansion price tag connected to it. But hey, if's and maybe's? I've been wrong before. I remember I was at one time, I think it was March, 2003 :P
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I woudnt even say D4 looks good... and definetly woudnt say its beautiful

It just looks okay, maybe its good for dungeon crawlers standards wich is a genre populated by indie devs, but if we compare to other AAA titles out there, its quite "meh"

Its not as detailed and the artwork is quite mediocre compared to the likes of resident evil remakes or norse titles from god of war

What D4 looks like is... foggy, not silent hill levels, but feels like the game is restricting my view as much as possible, it looks better than poe for sure, but is not on par with games from post 2021. I would say it got here 7-ish years too late to be considered good graphicaly, D3 did far better

Now, hogwards legacy and F123? Those really look good
"
Phrazz escreveu:

"Meaty"? I don't really see that happening without a AAA Expansion price tag connected to it. But hey, if's and maybe's? I've been wrong before. I remember I was at one time, I think it was March, 2003 :P

/DS hat off

Lake of Kalandra was one of my least played leagues ever but I still put in a good amount of hours b/c I was anticipating a patch that would fix the issues I had with the league. So do those hours I spent hoarding lake instances count towards LoK being good? They shouldn't.

What % of Diablo players played beyond their having fun thinking 'its gotta get better right?' I ask this having just watched 'The Act Man' on YT review the game and basically thats what he did after the first couple hours. He said the game was getting less and less fun but he still wanted to play it through and give it a fair shot.
"
Nubatron escreveu:

Crocs are very convenient btw at the beach. :)

And in the garden, so nice to just hose them off.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Última edição por DoubleU em 19 de jul de 2023 21:53:38
"
innervation escreveu:
What % of Diablo players played beyond their having fun thinking 'its gotta get better right?'

At this point does it even matter? They couldn't give less of a shit if the content is good or not or if PoE players liked it or not, they banked $666 mill in 5 days and it's their fastest selling game so far.

By those metrics alone, it's a clear message that people enjoyed it and won't ever give a fuck about what PoE is or not doing. I'm not even hating, they just gonna keep doing what they are doing and keep banking it.

But it's also funny that Actman said:"why did i have to beat the game to start being challenged by it" when PoE is basically the same with acts, and he didn't play any endgame stuff(aside from one dungeon). That would be the same as playing one map, ignoring everything else and saying PoE is easy.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Última edição por AdRonZh3Ro em 19 de jul de 2023 22:30:57
My hot take is the game was rushed out to meet a deadline set by execs rather than game devs and the early few seasons will suffer due to necessary "catchup" development time/patches to make the game serviceable (pun intended). I would expect to see see more substantial season content a year in and maybe the leadup to first expansion (which should have fucking DIABLO in it but probably won't).

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional