(3.22) theocrafting Chieftain Melee-Ignites Infernal Blow/Earthquake (first Update)

"
kabytos escreveu:
I really wanna try this melee ignite combination, hope you share pob ideas
id for weapon before story of the vaal sword we have great, cheap Razor of the Seventh Sun

Just anything that gives a good flat dmg. Oro should be fin, or Debeons Dirge on Elementalist. Even Kaoms Primacy looks good for early maps because of rage.

I mean it shouldn't even be that hard to craft a weapon with some good flat nodes. But that all that is easier with elementalist.
Inernal Blow, Defiled Forces, flammability on hit. Am i missing something??

Tbh new chieftan is solid... easy stack 85 all res, easy cap on resistances, free cleave.

I dont see a problem. I have build in work which should be fun using infernal blow and ignit proliferation because... why not :)

I feel like maps are going to melt.
Anyone have considered trauma support with this build? of course you need to change the story of the vaal, but might be something? need defence tho. Any thoughts?
"
Lipswitch escreveu:

Tbh new chieftan is solid... easy stack 85 all res, easy cap on resistances, free cleave.

I dont see a problem. I have build in work which should be fun using infernal blow and ignit proliferation because... why not :)

i think many people are confusing having 2 amazing res nodes to open equipment versatility with being a solid ascendancy.

as is, the chieftain has barely any damage, and it not only have 2 mandatory nodes that EVERY BUILD will use, it doesnt really has anything else to offer.

RF dmg gets nothing, slam builds get nothing(and no, neither tawhoa not fist of war give it anything usefull, which is why nobody picked that node even when doing a slam chieftain build to begin with).

all it has are the 2 res nodes, which, are amazing, but that's pretty much it.
"
Syhound escreveu:
"
Lipswitch escreveu:

i think many people are confusing having 2 amazing res nodes to open equipment versatility with being a solid ascendancy.

as is, the chieftain has barely any damage, and it not only have 2 mandatory nodes that EVERY BUILD will use, it doesnt really has anything else to offer.

RF dmg gets nothing, slam builds get nothing(and no, neither tawhoa not fist of war give it anything usefull, which is why nobody picked that node even when doing a slam chieftain build to begin with).

all it has are the 2 res nodes, which, are amazing, but that's pretty much it.

Thats the problem. Wouldn't be that much of a problem if that is an old forgotten class. But it just got reworked, they took look at it AND failed it. Impressive.
I just want one thing: Tawhoa rework. Make it work like fist of war and not a ancestral additional hit. Slams don't need additional hits, they need to hit hard.
I don't know how bad this could be, I'm new for the game played 3.0 and 3.1 then afk after.
but how bad can infernal blow chieftain be?

controlled blaze, volatility, sadism support look great.
with Tawhoa we don't need to stack as much attack speed,
with tukohama we have better clear speed
low budget can go nebuloch, maximum endurance charge, Flammability on hit, endurance cry, curse refresh ignite, low damage but very tanky

if we want damage we can go Brutus' Lead Sprinkler,The Iron Fortress, Redblade Banner, Battlemage's Cry , get more than 1800 strength to get the flat fire damage.

"
Riki_J escreveu:
I don't know how bad this could be, I'm new for the game played 3.0 and 3.1 then afk after.
but how bad can infernal blow chieftain be?

controlled blaze, volatility, sadism support look great.
with Tawhoa we don't need to stack as much attack speed,
with tukohama we have better clear speed
low budget can go nebuloch, maximum endurance charge, Flammability on hit, endurance cry, curse refresh ignite, low damage but very tanky

if we want damage we can go Brutus' Lead Sprinkler,The Iron Fortress, Redblade Banner, Battlemage's Cry , get more than 1800 strength to get the flat fire damage.

Tawhoa doesn't give more than 2 attacks in 4 seconds and i bet that won't even buildup Infernal Blow faster.
Nebuloch, Lead Sprinkler and stuff is much investment for non hitbased builds. Story of the Vaal
Gemstone Sword[https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Story_of_the_Vaal] is so much better and it is not an expensive weapon at all.

Battlemage's Cry only supports the attack scaling, not ailments.

And keep in mind that maces are bad for attackspeed scaling which is very important on this build. You want to place 12 hits in 4 seconds and maybe the boss moves so you have like 3 seconds. Any attackspeed below 3,5 or 4 aps will feel just bad and klunky.

Maybe there is a hipster Fulcrum potential because of the Self Chill, Self Ignite, and DMG is Lucky parts. But then going Ignite is a waste.
Personaly im thinking going a heavy hit/ignite build trying to use the new concusive force cluster to stun and ignite together with the new ruthless support update to do some masive dots and hits whilst stunning enemies, if i'm gready i might also go somw crit which gives a 50% dot multi and alows resetting ignites for even more damage though it'll be hard to fit.
Best of all these effects can stack of each other allowing the ocasional massive ignite, imagine criting ruthless blow max charge explosion.

I'm still worried about tawhoa and if it resets infernal blow charges though since it could theoreticaly deny a big part och IFs damage.

i have a theoretical pob even: https://pobb.in/q0c43ZSWvEvh
Última edição por Wizzman em 17 de ago de 2023 07:34:50
Never played ignite builds, though played some fire cyclone slayer back in 3.12 or 3.13 I think, maybe later.
Looks like a risky bet to league-start it, but might try later.

Controlled blaze.
I read like: We gain stacks with ignites it inflicts, not hits.
We already determined the sweet spot of 12-14 for max damage (this includes hits and ignites).
4-21 stacks is still ok and gives us same or more damage as other support gems (35+ more)
So best idea for me looks like: We need like 6-7 aps for bossing to make 12-13 ignites in 1.8 secs, before the 2nd Tawhoa procs. Then a big ignite lands, and we kite the damage for next 2-4 secs, depending on the duration of your ignites.

Now for the damage of ignites:
base damage is 200% over 4 sec.
We should remember the damage scales of base hit damage, before any modifiers affecting hit damage. So we need high base damage. Phys (before converting to fire) or fire.

Let's say we use Story of the Vaal with good 300 pdps at 1.5 aps.
So our base hit damage is 200 on average, which makes our base ignite damage like 100 per sec for 4 seconds.

Now the sword itself gives you 1.5-1.75 more ignite damage. Let's keep it at the lowest: 1.5.

Controlled blaze at 4 hits: 12% less hit damage and 56% more ignite damage.
Controlled blaze at 12 hits: 36% less hit damage and 168% more ignite damage.
Controlled blaze at 26 hits: 78% less hit damage and 364% more ignite damage.

So, theoretically, if we get 12 stacks, 13th ignite should damage for 100*1.5*2.68=402 ignite damage per second for 4 seconds, and 1608 total.

Now what about Sadism and Dyadian Dawn?
Ignites deal damage faster should be additive?
So we get like 35% and 79% which total to 114% and make our 1608 ignite damage deal damage in 4/2.14=1.87 sec (rounded from 1.86915). Which makes it 860 ignite dps per second.
And we also get less duration from Sadism at 80% value which reduces the duration (and damage if we can't apply ignites fast) of our ignites to 0.374 seconds (more than the minimum theshold for ignites to apply, which is 0.3 seconds). And we deal 258 ignite damage during that 0.37 seconds (at 12 stacks), and 297 ignite damage per 0.37 seconds at max 26 stacks)

So, what APS we need to deal 12+ ignites on the boss in 4 seconds and kite at the same time? I'd say the more the better.

I'd really try some big base damage weapon with decent APS scaling and faster attacks? multistrike? (blaze, sadism, and some other damage scaling)

All in all, I'd say Molten strike build could be good at stacking the ignites numbers, as the 3 projectiles could still ignite, but not actually apply it, as they are 50% less damage.
With good aps, we could stack those 26 stacks very fast.
Then switch to big dps weapon\skill to melt the boss for next 4 seconds? But we can apply only 1 ignite per 0.37 sec. Or we refresh it's duration if we attack faster?

I still think scaling the hit damage is easier. And we don't need to wait 0.3 seconds for damage to sink in.

Sorry for this stream of messy thoughts, jumping from one thing to another. Just killing the time before we go live with the league. Maybe someone will find something there...

We'll need a lot of testing... GL everyone with a start!
Thing I was thinking about regarding Ruthless, Concussive Force, and Sadism

The Defiled Forces keystone, up and to the left of witch
"Refresh Duration of Ignite, Chill and Shock on enemies you curse"
Afaik this counts with curse/mark on hit.

So assuming you keep your attack speed slightly faster than your ignite duration, you can have your spike ignite on all the time.

I'm currently working towards a flicker strike/consecrated path ignite build, like a crazy person.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional