[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

Hello! I'm interested in playing this build but a bit confused on the power charge setup you had from last league vs all this archmage talk for this league.

Right now I'm at level 95 just chilling on jung's arma brand recaller, not really looking to upgrade the gear anymore and now looking to swap to BBoU. Should I just farm for power charge gear at this point? From what I can tell, it seems like archmage is the leaguestart/early swap version of this build but please correct me if I'm wrong since I'm in unfamiliar territory with this build.

My end goal is to play some high end juiced content, so maybe have to eventually work towards the cold conversion version of this build later down the line. Someone how would like to make adjustments to be a bit tankier as opposed to a glass cannon.
I want to play the 3.23 build without archmage setup, do you think it's viable? Or do you just think archmage is too good an upgrade to pass up? If possible, even if it's a big upgrade i'd still like to try and follow the 3.23 pob so i want to know if it's not bricked somehow this league or if anything drastic changed. Thanks for the build!!
"
LOXXXXX escreveu:
Hello! I'm interested in playing this build but a bit confused on the power charge setup you had from last league vs all this archmage talk for this league.

Right now I'm at level 95 just chilling on jung's arma brand recaller, not really looking to upgrade the gear anymore and now looking to swap to BBoU. Should I just farm for power charge gear at this point? From what I can tell, it seems like archmage is the leaguestart/early swap version of this build but please correct me if I'm wrong since I'm in unfamiliar territory with this build.

My end goal is to play some high end juiced content, so maybe have to eventually work towards the cold conversion version of this build later down the line. Someone how would like to make adjustments to be a bit tankier as opposed to a glass cannon.

No, all great questions. I ask them myself every day when possible, but RL has had me out of the house most of these days so I haven't had two divines to rub together, nor the time to theorycraft any high-end AM spec yet. I also tend to try to push T16s in about half a div of gear every league for my builds, I've realised there's a silent minority that needs to work within this budget that we just don't see on Reddit, etc, but they do send PMs saying they manage to do content they never could in previous leagues, etc.

That's why my ramping up of this build this league has been a dogshit pace, am so sorry! Here's the answer to your questions now:

In terms of DPS ceiling, speed and satisfaction, none of us will be able to beat last league's cold conversion PC stacking version. Pulling in at 50m DPS without even using a MB or going zHP is one thing.

It's the SPEED at which it can map that makes it bonkers. The interaction between shield charging and "spreading" the BBoU becomes its own little mini-game. It was like having screenwide RF that one shots stuff - with SHATTER SOUNDS. It can also beat Ubers up with 1-2 portals for invincibility phases (unless you have actual skills).

The one drawback of last league was that it would die to a stiff breeze. Players have solved that with a lot of currency and creativity (see Hall of Fame).

Archmage version is my attempt at fixing this ship with one flaw, but as of now it looks like scaling it past even 2m-3m damage is going to cost divines. I guess the math makes sense - BBoU is already one of the hardest hitting spells in the game (going to nearly 4k flat at level 30) - flat damage from Archmage doesn't actually matter as much. Combined with the fact that Cold is the strongest element (Hatred, Heatshiver, Freeze Mastery with uo to 50% damage taken, FREEZES which are INSANE defensively)... Archmage is looking rather weak now. It IS much tankier though, I give it that.

Tonight (so in 2 hours) I will throw caution out the window and go balls to the wall with upgrades, budget be damned, to see if I can generate a maybe 20div version that's at least 15m DPS. Sorry for the wait - but thanks for pushing me.

Finally - ooh! How would you rate the Arma Recaller? Can it pop T16 Guardians easily with the mine tech? I think I decided to transition out of that because the clear dropped dramatically. But I never did try the mine tech because I wanted to swap out of it at 80.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
Rynelia escreveu:
I want to play the 3.23 build without archmage setup, do you think it's viable? Or do you just think archmage is too good an upgrade to pass up? If possible, even if it's a big upgrade i'd still like to try and follow the 3.23 pob so i want to know if it's not bricked somehow this league or if anything drastic changed. Thanks for the build!!

If you have the divines (so like 20 for power charge stacking I believe) - no shot Archmage comes close to the fun version of the build. It's speed incarnate.

The problem you will face in the 3.23 is its lack of tankiness and maybe mana sustain issues, both are very fixable. But the build did not get nerfed at all. In fact, with Automation I'd say its immensely stronger. Stick with that tried and true path. Archmage is experimental still and I'll push it up to the standards of the last one, hopefully.

But 3.23 checks out. (we lost 30% movespeed, but just take Niko Nodes loool)
Hi! I am on the same boat as LOXXXXX, where I am looking to convert into BBOU from Jung's Arma brand. Arma brand is pretty sick for its cost effectiveness. Managed to do 4 voidstones on 4Ls and basic gearing. The issue with Arma brand is that it caps out at that point and its mechanic is very clunky for survivability and clearing.

I am looking to do alc and go T16 for now so I am wondering if it is the right move to go BBOU. Considering that Ralakesh is so expensive this season, is it a justifiable swap?
I would probably go directly into cold convert and not impale watchers since its expensive with all the splitting steel champs/tricksters.
Similar to LOXXXXX, I am looking for something tankier rather than sick damage for the initial swap.

Also, does the lack of power charge w AOE charms hurt us in terms of clearing?
"
essenze escreveu:
Hi! I am on the same boat as LOXXXXX, where I am looking to convert into BBOU from Jung's Arma brand. Arma brand is pretty sick for its cost effectiveness. Managed to do 4 voidstones on 4Ls and basic gearing. The issue with Arma brand is that it caps out at that point and its mechanic is very clunky for survivability and clearing.

I am looking to do alc and go T16 for now so I am wondering if it is the right move to go BBOU. Considering that Ralakesh is so expensive this season, is it a justifiable swap?
I would probably go directly into cold convert and not impale watchers since its expensive with all the splitting steel champs/tricksters.
Similar to LOXXXXX, I am looking for something tankier rather than sick damage for the initial swap.

Hmm, I can't really tell if the Archmage version is an upgrade for you. I loaded up the PoB, turned mines to 12, and set Arma Brand of Recall to x 14, and it looks like you're at 800k DPS. EDIT: NOPE. THAT'S ATTACHED DAMAGE. You're at 3.6 million!

It does look on the surface like BBoU will do LESS damage, be tankier, and not require the mining on single target and hoping the boss stays in the minefield. It will also just be way faster since it's has better coverage and "aiming" than the Recalled brands.

I think it may have a higher scaling ceiling though. I have to say, getting the similar single target damage back may cos you a small amount of divines with Archmage. But I can vouch for how much faster you'll be, and with almost twice the phys hit, a few times the ele hit and sources of recovery, it's almost certainly the comfier build.

Here's a reference - my mate's PoB. He's a baller with sick items though. https://pobb.in/iHzWWARg0aYs

Re: Ralakesh version - if you hate being squishy, absolutely not. Stick with Archmage. It's very comfy.

Re: AoE charms - The AoE charms were so overkill in the initial video, I basically just switched over to offensive charms after I had done filming the showcase. It was getting so big that it was somewhat inefficient for clearing as the AoE would cover 1.5 screens, instead of a nice 1 -- if you vacuum the floor you know what I mean, a big ass "wiper" doesn't mean you'll vacuum the corridors faster, since you have to do it twice anyway.
Última edição por primaeva em 2 de abr de 2024 08:18:51
"
primaeva escreveu:
"
essenze escreveu:

Hmm, I can't really tell if the Archmage version is an upgrade for you. I loaded up the PoB, turned mines to 12, and set Arma Brand of Recall to x 14, and it looks like you're at 800k DPS. EDIT: NOPE. THAT'S ATTACHED DAMAGE. You're at 3.6 million!

It does look on the surface like BBoU will do LESS damage, be tankier, and not require the mining on single target and hoping the boss stays in the minefield. It will also just be way faster since it's has better coverage and "aiming" than the Recalled brands.

I think it may have a higher scaling ceiling though. I have to say, getting the similar single target damage back may cos you a small amount of divines with Archmage. But I can vouch for how much faster you'll be, and with almost twice the phys hit, a few times the ele hit and sources of recovery, it's almost certainly the comfier build.

Here's a reference - my mate's PoB. He's a baller with sick items though. https://pobb.in/iHzWWARg0aYs

Re: Ralakesh version - if you hate being squishy, absolutely not. Stick with Archmage. It's very comfy.

Re: AoE charms - The AoE charms were so overkill in the initial video, I basically just switched over to offensive charms after I had done filming the showcase. It was getting so big that it was somewhat inefficient for clearing as the AoE would cover 1.5 screens, instead of a nice 1 -- if you vacuum the floor you know what I mean, a big ass "wiper" doesn't mean you'll vacuum the corridors faster, since you have to do it twice anyway.

Those are some sweet numbers, especially on the defences! I have some currencies to spend so I am fine with either Archmage or the original pure phys. Although I would prefer to reuse my Utula, so i guess i'll be swapping out Valako, Crown and Inpulsa. It should be cheaper to look for rares without life too. I will probably change out this week and let you know how it goes. Thanks!
"
primaeva escreveu:
"
LOXXXXX escreveu:

No, all great questions. I ask them myself every day when possible, but RL has had me out of the house most of these days so I haven't had two divines to rub together, nor the time to theorycraft any high-end AM spec yet. I also tend to try to push T16s in about half a div of gear every league for my builds, I've realised there's a silent minority that needs to work within this budget that we just don't see on Reddit, etc, but they do send PMs saying they manage to do content they never could in previous leagues, etc.

That's why my ramping up of this build this league has been a dogshit pace, am so sorry! Here's the answer to your questions now:

In terms of DPS ceiling, speed and satisfaction, none of us will be able to beat last league's cold conversion PC stacking version. Pulling in at 50m DPS without even using a MB or going zHP is one thing.

It's the SPEED at which it can map that makes it bonkers. The interaction between shield charging and "spreading" the BBoU becomes its own little mini-game. It was like having screenwide RF that one shots stuff - with SHATTER SOUNDS. It can also beat Ubers up with 1-2 portals for invincibility phases (unless you have actual skills).

The one drawback of last league was that it would die to a stiff breeze. Players have solved that with a lot of currency and creativity (see Hall of Fame).

Archmage version is my attempt at fixing this ship with one flaw, but as of now it looks like scaling it past even 2m-3m damage is going to cost divines. I guess the math makes sense - BBoU is already one of the hardest hitting spells in the game (going to nearly 4k flat at level 30) - flat damage from Archmage doesn't actually matter as much. Combined with the fact that Cold is the strongest element (Hatred, Heatshiver, Freeze Mastery with uo to 50% damage taken, FREEZES which are INSANE defensively)... Archmage is looking rather weak now. It IS much tankier though, I give it that.

Tonight (so in 2 hours) I will throw caution out the window and go balls to the wall with upgrades, budget be damned, to see if I can generate a maybe 20div version that's at least 15m DPS. Sorry for the wait - but thanks for pushing me.

Finally - ooh! How would you rate the Arma Recaller? Can it pop T16 Guardians easily with the mine tech? I think I decided to transition out of that because the clear dropped dramatically. But I never did try the mine tech because I wanted to swap out of it at 80.

I greatly appreciate your work on this, real life is busy so no worries at all. I looked through some of the pobs you have listed from last league. Based on what's there, I think the high-budget cold convert sabo pob https://pobb.in/pgSzAYjB-qqs would make sense for me to work around, though I'd have to start at lower budget with Hrimsorrow and maybe use some rare jewels for now instead of adorned until I can afford that type of setup. This budget version of cold convert should feel at least a little bit tankier than the impale version though, right? My Utula's has a 50% reduced crits corruption so I'm thinking that I could grab some tattoos to take even less from crits, though maybe that will mess with my mana costs on EB since I'll lose int.

As for the Arma Brand Recall start, it went very smoothly. Getting to level 90+ has been a breeze even when I was only on a 5L for a while, though adding that 6th link was a nice upgrade. With pyroclast mine of sabotage the single target was very good, had no issues with guardians or voidstones. If you want even more single target you could also add stromblast mine but I didn't feel the need to do that. Also HIGHLY recommend a quartz flask for phasing once you're upgrading to automated flasks in maps since your triggerbots will often be behind you.

Only issue I had was that having both infernal cry and enduring cry linked to calls to arms support seems to not fully work. My friends playing CoC DD also used this setup and found that you don't get the full effects of both warcries (we weren't getting the endurance charges) so I'm not sure what's up there. For now I've taken out infernal cry since I want the endurance charges.
"
LOXXXXX escreveu:

I greatly appreciate your work on this, real life is busy so no worries at all. I looked through some of the pobs you have listed from last league. Based on what's there, I think the high-budget cold convert sabo pob https://pobb.in/pgSzAYjB-qqs would make sense for me to work around, though I'd have to start at lower budget with Hrimsorrow and maybe use some rare jewels for now instead of adorned until I can afford that type of setup. This budget version of cold convert should feel at least a little bit tankier than the impale version though, right? My Utula's has a 50% reduced crits corruption so I'm thinking that I could grab some tattoos to take even less from crits, though maybe that will mess with my mana costs on EB since I'll lose int.

As for the Arma Brand Recall start, it went very smoothly. Getting to level 90+ has been a breeze even when I was only on a 5L for a while, though adding that 6th link was a nice upgrade. With pyroclast mine of sabotage the single target was very good, had no issues with guardians or voidstones. If you want even more single target you could also add stromblast mine but I didn't feel the need to do that. Also HIGHLY recommend a quartz flask for phasing once you're upgrading to automated flasks in maps since your triggerbots will often be behind you.

Only issue I had was that having both infernal cry and enduring cry linked to calls to arms support seems to not fully work. My friends playing CoC DD also used this setup and found that you don't get the full effects of both warcries (we weren't getting the endurance charges) so I'm not sure what's up there. For now I've taken out infernal cry since I want the endurance charges.

For the Call to Arms part, wouldn't that be about the shared cooldown to all Warcry skills applied by Call to Arms ?
"
valarhexile escreveu:

For the Call to Arms part, wouldn't that be about the shared cooldown to all Warcry skills applied by Call to Arms ?

Yes we think so. A lot of build guides said to link two warcries so I went along with it but the shared cooldown is likely the issue here.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional