"we removed bind to left click for instant skills"

"Everyone hated that"

Seriously though, I can only assume this change is one of two possibilities.

1) This is coming from one person who makes a blanket decision which ruins it for everyone else

2) This is a server cost calculation savings.

For every person trying to activate a skill on left click, while it is in use or on cooldown, probably requires a server action in of itself. That takes time to calculate "hey, I can't do this yet"

Given that the fact of "moving" with left click generally sends like 4 ticks per second, that's roughly once every 250ms.

Multiply that by say, 85% of the player base, and you get a very large number.

Yet the argument comes into play, this was fine for how many years?

Why is this change being made now, with no explanation whatsoever?
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
not sure if anyone already mentioned it - not going to scroll through 14 pages of 'feedback'. please do something about the god awful shout every 5 secs, i am going mad if i hear it spam one more time. i know i know can always 'turn it off' ya i have to do that now and then i need to remember to on it when i am back into maps. quality of life 'feature' - thats total bull crap i now have to do more things and its getting on my nerves. why fix something that's aint broken in the first place.

it was a beautiful function or bug what you call it, i play poe solely for use on move instant skill, in fact i cant get used to it when i play other arpg that doesnt have this. please for the sanity of me i dont speak for others but hope they feel the same just revert back this thing. its not a shame to revert there's many people that do it nowadays and you are even applauded for admitting it was a huge mistake in the first place.

if that's really not possible then suggestions to fix this incessant shouting - either shout on first time activating and then silence it all the way, or make the sound really negligible until its no longer nerve wracking as is it now.
Very strange to find a place on the internet where everyone is in agreement. Maybe GGG can use this to solve world peace
"
Hixxie escreveu:
"Everyone hated that"

Seriously though, I can only assume this change is one of two possibilities.

1) This is coming from one person who makes a blanket decision which ruins it for everyone else

2) This is a server cost calculation savings.

For every person trying to activate a skill on left click, while it is in use or on cooldown, probably requires a server action in of itself. That takes time to calculate "hey, I can't do this yet"

Given that the fact of "moving" with left click generally sends like 4 ticks per second, that's roughly once every 250ms.

Multiply that by say, 85% of the player base, and you get a very large number.

Yet the argument comes into play, this was fine for how many years?

Why is this change being made now, with no explanation whatsoever?

Um, any skill spam would do that, character with several coc skills generates a lot more cast checks cancelled due to cooldown. You said it yourself, if this was performance problem, would've been solved years ago.

So more likely it was just spontaneous "Mr.Rogers doesn't like people bind their skills to left click". Now this unnecessary move created several other problems they try to bandaid:

- mines: before you could just swap detonate for move on LMB to switch to manual mode on pinnacle bosses, now have to unallocate mastery for that, keeping regret orbs in inventory at all times.

- hideouts and towns: automation keeps spamming in hideouts even when standing still. Reducing volume in latest patch is pretty desperate move, lol. It doesn't prevent MTX visual clutter from popping up. (Solution: make skills linked to automation toggleable like auras. If this is hard technically, well, GGG are the ones wanted to do it, hardly anyone else asked for this change, so maybe see it through QoL-wise?)

- mechanical nerf by gem slots and cooldown penalty: adds insult to injury, probably not a problem in GGG philosophy, if they think playing poe1 clutter without any skill automation feels okay :)
Última edição por Echothesis em 13 de abr de 2024 03:21:35
The funniest part of it is they call it a QOL change. Uh...this NEGATIVELY impacts QOL.
I can understand if you wanted to remove specific cases of using "detonate mines" on left click, but this nerf for travel/movement skills such as phase run, withering step, or frostblink, is really poor.

Stop nerfing movement skills, please.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
For me the nerf negatively impacted my joy in the game.
I'm no zoomzoom, I usually play till I have all maps, got all stones and then just Map/Guardian/Delve/Blight till the next league.
I did automate RF on lmb so I don't have to reactivate it after each sync.
I feel like that is such an amazing, simple, but elegant option to toggle on a skill that's not an aura but you still want it running all the time. I opted it above molten shell or enduring cry on lbm because the qol was worth more to me.
I liked the way bind on lmb worked in PoE that much that I critizise games without it. I do feel it was one of the 'little hidden champion' things that seperated PoE from the rest of ARPGs.
Necropolis was not that great with randomized forced mods and the crafting system in its original state, but the reason I have not played in days that soon after a leaguestart is mostly because of the lmb change.
another melee nerf
a
Última edição por MrWonderful99 em 19 de abr de 2024 03:03:46
When a topic picks 15 pages and game developer does not acknowledge anything.

You know they read the posts as if you'd curse or put content not allowed in forum, they will quickly edit/delete the post.

Remove the gem and have those gems work on their own as intended by you with the help of this sad panda gem with unnecessary mana multiplier.
For years this was a problem for necromancers, playing keyboard like a piano and being gem starved, and now you're making it worse.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional