[2024 - still unsolved] PoE should allow to choose what version you want to play.

"
Hi, thanks for the vouch, you're not likely coming back but if you do i wanted to clarify,
"
...anything that does not exist during that time should logically NOT exist too. this means if you play far back enough you wont have access to ascendancies or even atlas passives. you will be locked out of new leagues...
believe it or not but i enjoyed Navali and Zana in the game more then atlas passives and spell suppression, but i'm hugely conservative, doesnt apply to anyone. I'm not sure but if this was a warning from you to me then im well aware and willing to wave a lot of things goodbye would devs really allow old leagues.
"
a lot of work for GGG,...it should come with a PREMIUM subscription
whatever they price it
"
...no access to std, not trade site, you'll have to start from scratch...
we talked a bit with other guys about this and what we settled on for now is that it's likely gonna be ssf if anything at all (i can see how this isn't beneficial to put a lot of work into it because most guys don't even know what PoE used to look like 5 years ago or further back and won't want it)
"
no balances/bugfixes will be made. but that said GGG could limit the versions of POE that you get to play. for example you can just choose a snapshot based on a temp league of GGG's choice, such as a mid league perandus version to represent perandus league
No fixes yes. And no several versions of each patch, prolly 1 of each something more or less like this.

"
ggg MIGHT NOT have a copy of the older versions or they work significantly different that they no longer are workable
Hard to believe that they don't store so much of potentially money-making material all for less then 1000gb, also a know of at least 5 pre-current versions which can be downloaded across the web(just not launched in the client Yet)((mentioned in the first post of this thread)).
"
GGG might not even want to give this option as there could be some game breaking bugs that have already been solved but may be reintroduced. for example a skill being unoptimized which could lead to server lag, which translates to unhappy exiles who paid a premium
If you'd really want it you'd probably know which league your exact skill got FiXEd and when it was good/laggy(doesn't make sense to go into details on this but this isn't an actual problem)

fair enough. i m a huge proponent of player choice. as long as the player is fully aware of what theyre going into and are willing to pay the costs, all the power to the player. also it doesnt effect other players negatively either.
[Removed by Support]
Última edição por exsea em 25 de abr de 2024 11:23:49
still ad rem

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional