mageblood just too op

"
sidtherat escreveu:
ah, the belt people farm 'off stream'

the belt that can make any siht work

the belt i am using right now on a (brace yourself)

quad-curse void-sphere-of-rending occultist all-unique build. this is an experimental build that has no aspirations whatsoever - just wanted to know how curses are in modern POE

curses are ~fine but not great. and - since i equipped the belt to 'fix resists' - i can farm T16. with 3k life/1k ES.

it is ridiculous. this item is just silly

any streamer/guide creator that says 'mageblood is just QoL' lies.

my fix for this idiocy: enchants from Enkindling Orbs should NOT work. 70% free effect is just too much

It is not hard farming the currency for this, if you can run red tier maps, and actively sell everything that you dont run, it comes faster than people expect, and about curses, well my 2 curses is 23,4% of my dps for one of my curses, the other is 18,8% :D so i would argue curses are pretty strong no?
"
hyttemaier escreveu:
I chase it every single league, not because i think its insanely strong, but because of the movement speed, the amount of negative movement speed penalties in this game lol, have you ever stood in tar, being maimed, hindered, and slow aura'ed :D jesus fucking christ, this is mainly why i go for it.

Trickster is ur friend :D
mageblood has been nerfed quite a bit in 3.24 league.

-elemental flasks no longer have 20% less ele damage taken, instead they have +5% to maximum resistance. This can be exploited with effects that interacts with resistance - use Melding with purity of fire and a ruby flask for relatively easy 90% all resist. But that's still commitment - it's no longer almost 40% ele dmg reduction JUST FROM MAGEBLOOD.

-reduced magnitudes of explicit modifiers on flasks, especially all resistances got hit hard.

-there is a new belt from Uber Shaper that has 25% increased flask effect and regens 3 flask charges every 3 seconds. It works with unique flasks unlike Mageblood. It makes it much easier to sustain Dying Sun for example.

I think it's enough of nerfs - it matches the belt increased availability. It's no longer a mirror item, but more like 50-100 div one. And that's ok.
"
Sadaukar escreveu:
"
hyttemaier escreveu:
I chase it every single league, not because i think its insanely strong, but because of the movement speed, the amount of negative movement speed penalties in this game lol, have you ever stood in tar, being maimed, hindered, and slow aura'ed :D jesus fucking christ, this is mainly why i go for it.

OMG you are right lol, maybe next league i do something with that, would solve one of the most annoying things.
"
Esubane escreveu:
mageblood has been nerfed quite a bit in 3.24 league.

-elemental flasks no longer have 20% less ele damage taken, instead they have +5% to maximum resistance. This can be exploited with effects that interacts with resistance - use Melding with purity of fire and a ruby flask for relatively easy 90% all resist. But that's still commitment - it's no longer almost 40% ele dmg reduction JUST FROM MAGEBLOOD.

-reduced magnitudes of explicit modifiers on flasks, especially all resistances got hit hard.

-there is a new belt from Uber Shaper that has 25% increased flask effect and regens 3 flask charges every 3 seconds. It works with unique flasks unlike Mageblood. It makes it much easier to sustain Dying Sun for example.

I think it's enough of nerfs - it matches the belt increased availability. It's no longer a mirror item, but more like 50-100 div one. And that's ok.

I disagree, although it did get indirectly nerfed with the flask changes.

Still, HH was a 100 div item (and should still be), yet it's usecase is very specific. A Mageblood u can slap on any build and it immediately increases the defense of that build by a huge margin if u know what u're doing. The Elemental flasks aren't by far the only strong defensive flasks to use with a MB. Also if u're not capped on ele max res yet, +10% max res is still at minimum a 40% elemental dmg reduction. The only difference is that it gets affected by penetration now.

Like I said, it's just too broadly usable to be that cheap. I was lucky enough to get a MB last league and it was ridiculous what it did to my build, even without the ele flasks. (only used ruby for uber exarch)

I can't speak about the new belt, since I didn't get to test it yet. It might be pretty strong aswell, but u can't get 70% increased flask effect from Enkindling Orbs with that belt. I think to really sustain Dying Sun with 3 charges every 3 seconds u need to invest in flask charge generation alot aswell.
Mageblood is too strong, regardless of price.

it is an item that completely trivialize any form of character making. something that checks far too many boxes and has no downside. if there is an item that entices people to RMT it is mageblood

price should never be used as a sole balancing criteria, in my opinion it should not be used at all, but it is a different game

item that prevents you from dying would be terrible - regardless of price. it is a corner case but explains why 'its gamebreaking but pricey so fine' is bad take on this
"
sidtherat escreveu:
Mageblood is too strong, regardless of price.

it is an item that completely trivialize any form of character making. something that checks far too many boxes and has no downside. if there is an item that entices people to RMT it is mageblood

price should never be used as a sole balancing criteria, in my opinion it should not be used at all, but it is a different game

item that prevents you from dying would be terrible - regardless of price. it is a corner case but explains why 'its gamebreaking but pricey so fine' is bad take on this

I agree and price was probably the wrong word, rarity is better. If an item is as good as MB it should be insanely rare to be that "chase items".

But u're right, that it probably just shouldn't exist in the way it does now... it needs a more severe downside or niche.

Even tho I crafted the best Stygian Vise I ever had this league, I still feel bad for not getting a MB... just because I'm stubborn :D
Última edição por Sadaukar em 25 de abr de 2024 10:25:29
I think mageblood is fine in the context of headhunter existing.
Everything related to "fixes any trash build" can apply to headhunter for mapping the effect of headhunter is even bigger. Some mf builds simply could not exist without headhunter. Mageblood has the benefit against bosses. It balances itself out i think.

Keep in mind unique flasks are very powerful and all but one are skipped with mageblood.

Edit:
Biggest difference for me between Headhunter and Mageblood is that mageblood supports a given foundation while headhunter creates power out of thin air even without a foundation as long as you can kill the first couple of rares in a map quick.
Última edição por zzang em 25 de abr de 2024 11:34:14
"
hyttemaier escreveu:
"
Sadaukar escreveu:
"
hyttemaier escreveu:

OMG you are right lol, maybe next league i do something with that, would solve one of the most annoying things.

Everything you listed is a movement speed slow. Trickster prevents action speed slows so you will still get slowed to a crawl by those things.
"
gladiatorpie escreveu:
Everything you listed is a movement speed slow. Trickster prevents action speed slows so you will still get slowed to a crawl by those things.

there's only one solution to that.. playing a Trickster with Stampede boots!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional