Ranger - How to make a viable build

"
Thanks for posting jackal. How do you manage mana in that setup, with only 54 base mana and no +mana nodes?

Mana is an non-issue. Even with Anger/Wrath/Discipline on (linked to Reduced Mana Cost), i have 151 Mana left. This is more than enough with Mana Leech and a 30 mana cost Lightning Arrow. I can basically spam it indefinitely.

"
Also, I'm a bit surprised you spent 14 nodes just to get the extra 50% weapon elemental dmg.

From my gear, i have in total a flat 87-580 added elemental damage (mostly lightning). So the 50% is actually quite substantial. Also, if you aren't going to pick up the Catalyze group, there is no sense in going pure elemental. You'll have far more success with a physical/crit build.

"
Your setup doesn't use any damage mitigation or avoidance strategy - you must be pretty squishy - what gear setup do you use and whats your buffed armour/evasion in game?

I went pure evasion. Pre-patch i actually had 65% evade with Grace. Post-patch, because of the extra nodes i had to pick-up, i couldn't pick up the evasion nodes i had before...yet. My plan was to pick those up in the next few levels. That said, i only have 22% evade right now but use Discipline instead of Grace since i find 460 extra "life" to be much more effective. I thought it would be awful but with 2360 life, i have quite literally not died post patch. That includes farming the Act 2 boss at least 20 times and running over a dozen 60-62 maps. The reason is because normal mobs die in 1-2 shots and most rares go down in a few seconds with a Diamond Flask or two. So almost nothing ever reaches you and even when something does (Rhoas, Snakes, etc) you have a huge buffer so you don't get 1-2 shot. It's just important to have max resists and Panicked/Seething life flasks.

All that said, i have been thinking of trying Iron Reflexes since Evasion still isn't very good unless you can get to 60-70%. Oh and i can post my gear if that will help.
Got it.

What is your intelligence/gross mana that allows you to run three auras and still have 151 mana left over for skill spamming?

What flask setup do you use? Presumably a couple of diamonds, a couple of life and one mana?

If you go for iron reflexes, would you be tempted to get blood magic, as its not much further away?

Petrov.
Intelligence/Total Mana is 111/446.

Flask setup is 1 panicked life, 1 seething life, 1 mana, 2 diamond.

Blood Magic is 11 nodes away from Iron Reflexes? Definitely don't have enough spare points for that.
"
jackals1234 escreveu:
Intelligence/Total Mana is 111/446.

Flask setup is 1 panicked life, 1 seething life, 1 mana, 2 diamond.

Blood Magic is 11 nodes away from Iron Reflexes? Definitely don't have enough spare points for that.

How did you get to that Intelligence from your base? A fair bit of +Intel and an onyx amulet?
40 int from skill tree, 1 ring with 36 int and another ring with 21 int. Here's my gear but bear in mind this is my MF setup for running maps, etc. I have other gear i swap to go pure damage.

Spoiler

Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Alguns itens neste post estão atualmente indisponíveis.
"
mrpetrov escreveu:
Here you go guys, elemental bow ranger. I'm level 72, do 6k dps unbuffed, run three auras on top of this and do over 15k crit damage with flasks. All that with ok but not great gear.

Elemental Bow Ranger

I took skill points as my reward every time from bandits as I didn't need the life, obviously, and I am already maxxed elemental resists from gear.

If you're curious how I differentiate between Elemental Damage/Accuracy/IAS nodes, etc, see my post here:

DPS variations for a high level elemental bow ranger

Petrov.

Can you repost the link with skills pls? It doesnt work.
"
rebirther escreveu:
"
mrpetrov escreveu:
Here you go guys, elemental bow ranger. I'm level 72, do 6k dps unbuffed, run three auras on top of this and do over 15k crit damage with flasks. All that with ok but not great gear.

Elemental Bow Ranger

I took skill points as my reward every time from bandits as I didn't need the life, obviously, and I am already maxxed elemental resists from gear.

If you're curious how I differentiate between Elemental Damage/Accuracy/IAS nodes, etc, see my post here:

DPS variations for a high level elemental bow ranger

Petrov.

Can you repost the link with skills pls? It doesnt work.

It doesn't work because those builds were pre 0.9.11 and with the new skill tree 0.9.11 the old builds are no longer applicable.

Petrov.
"
jackals1234 escreveu:
40 int from skill tree, 1 ring with 36 int and another ring with 21 int. Here's my gear but bear in mind this is my MF setup for running maps, etc. I have other gear i swap to go pure damage.

jackal, thanks again for your assistance. See my gear here:
Spoiler
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível

Indisponível

Cold: 72-152
Lightning: 34-362
Fire: 94-172
Total Elemental Base: 200-686

Do you think theres enough elemental damage there to ditch Blood Magic and go for Catalyze instead?

Petrov.
Última edição por mrpetrov em 24 de jul de 2012 14:41:47
Alguns itens neste post estão atualmente indisponíveis.
Absolutely yes.
CI/Evasion based + King of the Hill

Early concept for a build, 81 points used. Not yet fully playtested, suggestions for tweaks welcome.

Stats/Numbers without gear:

Base Stats
+300 Dexterity
+134 Intelligence

Spell
+383 to maximum Mana

Defence
+382 to maximum Life (Set to 1 due to CI).
Evasion rating 110
30% Increased Evasion
157.8% Maximum Energy Shield.
95% Energy Shield recovery
Double chance to avoid Projectiles (Arrow Dodging)

Charge
+4 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+4% increased Evasion rating per Frenzy charge
5% Attack speed per Frenzy charge

Weapon
6% Attack Speed
66% Increased Physical damage with bows
6% Increased attack speed with bows (12% total)
35% chance of arrows piercing
30% increased elemental damage with weapons
+600 Accuracy rating

Crit
60% increased critical damage multiplier with bows
105% critical strike chance with bows
Knock back on critical hit (King of the hill)

Misc
15% chance to avoid elemental status ailments
Immunity to Chaos damage
30% increased arrow speed

Initial concerns:

No Passive Elemental resistance
105% crit chance
Wanted a higher Crit damage multiplier (Around 100%).

Última edição por l0rdzedd em 25 de jul de 2012 13:21:12

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional