Diablo 3 Vs. POE

Do i need help or something? Why do i find PoE so boring... Im not trying to be a D3 fanboy i just really want to know why i find d3 better. I really want to get into this game more then anything becaause d3 was so fail. Just this game feels so bland, i cant seem to figure out what to do and what skills to use. Blizzard ruined games like this for me =/
"
LegitRips escreveu:
Do i need help or something? Why do i find PoE so boring... Im not trying to be a D3 fanboy i just really want to know why i find d3 better. I really want to get into this game more then anything becaause d3 was so fail. Just this game feels so bland, i cant seem to figure out what to do and what skills to use. Blizzard ruined games like this for me =/

Blizzard obviously ruined your outlook on games like this because PoE shines new light on ARPG's imo
One does not simply be exiled.
(Deleted)
"
LegitRips escreveu:

Maybe you don't like ARPG's (D3 isn't one) or haven't put much hours in both games. If anything D3 is better in the very beginning, but after a few hours (even 1 hour) in PoE wins hands down (I've a plvl95 char in D3 and all classes in lvl60, did HC etc.).

IMO D3 was bad in the release, but the patches while went for the better in some things, in others didn't help (making game easier). But 8 months after release all fundamental flaws still in and that's not gonna change because the game made more than enough profit and it's not designed for long term playability. That said D3 is a fine casual game for the first hours, even if a bit childish in look and complexity, but I don't think it has much replayability or depth past that.
(Deleted)
PoE is completely customizable
D3 is 20% customizable at best(u get different runes and different combinations of skills that's it)

The only thing I like more about Diablo 3 then PoE is some armor looks cool.
I don't like the armor in PoE.

Best possible D3 is that all runes are completely unique and powerful in their own right and all skills can be used in different combinations for equally powerful characters.
But items do not matter in that game... there is good then there is amazing and the separation was linked so closely together because the game is made to be pay to win.

Polished PoE in my mind.
Passive tree allows ease of access to damage or armor.
that way you can say well i want a ton of damage but maybe i should grab a few armor nodes so i am not a one shot kill. Different Unique passive ability's like blood magic and Chaos innoculation maybe something like 40% increased knockback or 20% increased chance to free or Enemies begin to burn when they are near you.

Of course to be fair we have not seen end game content truely in PoE, We have had a taste but the game goes up to level 100 and content currently ends at 69.
Gems are maxed out at level 20. What if most gems are underpowered for high level content and only a hand full of builds are viable? This could happen.

Thankfully GGG actually cares about the game and not just the money they are making.
So they will not just nerf and alter gameplay so we waste money to make different characters.

Activision/Blizzard on the other hand have one goal in mind. Make a ton of money.
I read they are talking about porting it to consoles.... Talk about trying to appeal to the masses....
I like both games. I still play Diablo 3, having only spent around 100 or so hours and currently at the end game (i.e. paragon level, farming for better gear, etc).

My biggest issue with Diablo 3 right now, is that their auction house is basically necessary to use for end-game. I literally never wear anything I find as gear. It's all sold for gold, and that gold used for (rare) purchases of gear. The problem is now that upgrades are so difficult and expensive (tens of millions of gold if not hundreds of millions) that the end-game is reduced to farming, farming and more farming, hoping you get a good roll on an item that will sell for multiple millions.

My 2nd biggest issue is that most builds end-game are identical and it's all about crit chance / crit damage / attack speed. Almost nothing else matters in comparison. This means that most players I meet have similar if not identical builds as mine, and look the game because we're all wearing that mempo's helm, etc.

The game has a great action system, the combat is very fast-paced, fluid and fun. Good destructible environments, graphics, spell effects, physics, a phenomenal soundtrack.. But while these things are great for the first play-throughs, they are not enough to keep me interested in the game after getting to the end.

What I love about PoE and why I think it's a better game overall:

* It's not even released yet and it feels more original, complete and complex (in a good way) compared to many other games including D3

* They've done away with gold or cash and used a barter system, which really works

* No pay to win / real money shop - In Diablo 3 you can drop $30, buy gold and basically deck yourself in some of the best end-game gear. But I ask players who do this - then what? What is your goal? You no longer have that carrot dangling over your head, what's the point of playing?

* A passive skill tree web with over 1000 points and a skill gem system that allows for a mind-boggling amount of builds (almost no restrictions), which in the end, allow for tons of re-playability

* A genius and effective tile-based randomized level system - I've already memorized all of Diablo 3's maps after playing 100 hours. This allows, once again, for increased re-playability.

* Combat is slower and less frantic than in Diablo 3, that's for sure, however in PoE it's also much more tactical and challenging. Dying is punishing (in the higher difficulties), whereas in Diablo 3, death meant nothing (and happened rarely).

* The visual atmosphere in PoE is dark, gritty, and almost post-apocalyptic, which I love. Diablo 3 is more like WoW - which is not my personal preference.

* PoE feels like a progression (and deep improvement) over Diablo II, which is what most of us expected with Diablo III to begin with

* The forum community, thus far, seems far more interested in sharing knowledge, information and strategies (I guess that comes with PoE being more complex)

Probably a few more reasons but I think this post is long enough as is lol.

-Jorlen
Última edição por rizaloo em 11 de jan de 2013 10:41:51
Diablo 3 is broken by it's foundation, had they build it up from the standards of diablo 2's final days, then it would have been a beast, instead they tried to re-invent the wheel, and instead came up with a pile of garbage wheel, which simply can't hold the aRPG soul in it's body.

Path of Exile is build up around Diablo 2 prime directives if you want to call them that, and have expanded on them, along with introducing huge stuff, such as the massive passive skill, which really makes one go, "holy shit".

Diablo 3 didn't take the good things from Diablo 2, they forgot all the charms about D2 for some stupid reason.

Diablo 3 had to change the following things:

-Go back to a normal waypoint system through all acts, d2 style.
-No longer have to create a game from a quest, all mobs spawn as is, d2 style.
-Horadric Cube and recipes.
-Runewords.
-No fucking AH.
-Ladder system with events attached to it.
-PvP.
-Proper itemization, where a naked character could kill stuff.
-Skill points.
-Skill tree with funny skills that can get changed with certain synergy.
-Items don't matter as much as they do in D3, they did matter in D2 just not so insanely much as it is now, and with almost no difference (wow style), mega lame.
-Drop the fucking AH already.
-Chat channels, where you joined channels with your char, looking badass, when prepping for some pvp or some gaming time.
-not so cheesy bosses.
-Go to hell with Paragon levels, give Ladder!
-Leagues.
-Dungeon map system.

in Essence Diablo 3 took several steps back in evolution from Diablo 2, it's just retarded to think how much they fucked up.

Path of Exile, is what Diablo 3 should have been.

Jay Wilson, if you by some mystical force is reading PoE forums, then play this game, this is how you should have made it, insert all bosses with diablo themed lore bosses, and voila, mega diablo 3 game in the house.

I play games... shocked, i know.
(Deleted)
(Deleted Spam)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional