[0.10.0] Low-Life/Pain Attunement Caster Shadow

"
naris escreveu:
Hey man I really like this build, and I want to thank you for posting it. Reading about and tinkering with your builds in your sig and this one has helped me a lot in learning how to make my own builds. Before I read your posts I was pretty lost and making bad builds, but you've helped me to get a better understanding of the system. So thanks for that.

Anyways, what I wanted to ask is could this build be utilized with a Templar using Elemental Equillibrium and maybe Poison Arrow to start the effect? I think it could be pretty devastating. Also I've been working with a Crit Shadow build, and I was wondering if you could tell me, does spell % chance to crit/multiplier work for Lightning Arrow, etc, or just blue gem skills?

thanks! i enjoy making builds too. glad they helped :) well firstly, poison arrow deals chaos damage. it's not considered an "element" hence it would not cause elemental equilibrium to affect the other elemental resistances. and templars atm are still pretty weak and underbuffed according to the general templar population's opinions. u might want to wait till they buff up the templar's side of the tree. and spell %chance works only on blue gems yes. Skills like lightning strike and lightning arrow are not affected at all by spell % modifiers
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Okay cool thanks a lot for the info.
Edit: contest cancelled, lack of participation :(
Build of the Week 14
Última edição por Invalesco em 9 de ago de 2012 20:11:08
Hey,

Pretty new to the game. I've been a beta member for awhile, but honestly, I haven't followed it much. I've never leveled any character past 20 because I was waiting for OB to start, but I decided I'd give it a try. I have a few questions...

Are the gems rare? I don't have a Shadow yet, but I think I am going to make your Crit Dagger Shadow. I saw this one and was going to make it in the future as well. I thought you got these gems from doing quests and stuff like that?

For someone making their first shadow, which build would you recommend for a default player: crit dagger or crit caster?

Great guides by the way. I liked both of them! I'm leaning more towards the crit dagger as I like the melee builds more and you look really cool with all the buffs up lol...

anyway, thanks again!
"
imthedan escreveu:
Hey,

Pretty new to the game. I've been a beta member for awhile, but honestly, I haven't followed it much. I've never leveled any character past 20 because I was waiting for OB to start, but I decided I'd give it a try. I have a few questions...

Are the gems rare? I don't have a Shadow yet, but I think I am going to make your Crit Dagger Shadow. I saw this one and was going to make it in the future as well. I thought you got these gems from doing quests and stuff like that?

For someone making their first shadow, which build would you recommend for a default player: crit dagger or crit caster?

Great guides by the way. I liked both of them! I'm leaning more towards the crit dagger as I like the melee builds more and you look really cool with all the buffs up lol...

anyway, thanks again!

Heya! They're rare enough I guess. They aretemplar's quest gems but the ones I have are mostly drops. Haha thanks :) yup I love the buffs too haha. Personally I feel the caster build is easier for newer players coz it involves a more straight forward gameplay. It's also the one I use for 3h HC races. But that aside, melee is my favorite build as well and in terms of PvP I think the melee shadow would own casters, be it shadow or witches with similar levelled gear.
Build of the Week 14
Question: What advantages does this have over a Witch of a similar build? It seems to me like you don't spend much time in the Shadow area of the tree before you move right into the Witch path. I'm still a little new and didn't spend too much time going over the whole tree, so it's possible I'm missing something, but I'd like to hear what you have to say.
"
Brojimbo escreveu:
Question: What advantages does this have over a Witch of a similar build? It seems to me like you don't spend much time in the Shadow area of the tree before you move right into the Witch path. I'm still a little new and didn't spend too much time going over the whole tree, so it's possible I'm missing something, but I'd like to hear what you have to say.

heya! that's a good question! i'll be honest, my initial reason was that I just dislike witches coz they're overused and wanted to explore the casting potential of the shadow class. now however, I do see some benefits. The shadow tree is closer to many more crit chance nodes as compared to the witch, including assassination which is a major node and outweighs arcane potency . Crit chance is vital in cold casters as more damage is dealt by invest in crit chance and crit damage rather than cold damage alone as cold spells inherently do not have that much damage. There's also an extra frenzy charge you can take up near the shadow tree if you want to be a bloodrage frenzy ci caster.

UPDATE: On another note, i've refined the build again further. 3 points invested in projectile damage will yield 3% more damage as compared to 3 points in spell damage at the witch tree.
Build of the Week 14
I feel like I just must be doing something really wrong but this build feels incredibly squishy early on. Maybe it's the Shadow in general however, I've died more times in 16 levels over the past 2 days than I have in 2days played on my witch :| Any tips or advise? because honestly Minions are extremely week this early on and being so far away from the summoner nodes seems like I'm in for another 10+ levels of torture.

IGN: aMonsterTruck

Because I'm Based.
What i dont understand is:
Why take crit chance and crit dmg nodes if they do not apply for spells? The assassination one early one for example. Can you explain this part?
"
What i dont understand is:
Why take crit chance and crit dmg nodes if they do not apply for spells? The assassination one early one for example. Can you explain this part?

heya but they do apply for spells that's why I take them :) those are crit chance and crit dmg nodes that apply to both spells and weapons. they're not specific for either.
Build of the Week 14

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional