The Lightning Templar [Community Builds]

"
Sure.

As you can see gear's nothing super special:

Spoiler

Main thing I've gone for is crit, crit and crit. Got about 12k dps now and that comes from running anger, hatred and wrath, having 53% crit chance and 520% crit multiplier.

thank you very much :) i see you dont run the exact same build as OP (no RT, no Meele dmg\mana leech gem, no Crest of Perandus or Hrimsorrow Gloves),
bear in mind i took Resolute Technique... so crits are out of the question.
Also, how do you get enough Dex to upgrade your green skill gems and use a dagger???

This is my current Gear - If anyone please can give me some tips of what should I change:
Spoiler

and wasting TONS of chromatics and Fusions to make
4L and RRBB (im close to give up :( )

im sitting on 2k dps buffed (only with my auras)...

I'd love some tips from anyone about whats good\bad for me with this build...
i run the exact build as OP (only with 2 +20 Dex Nodes for FA and LMP).
tnx
Última edição por Gaiosan em 12 de mar de 2013 06:04:04
Cross-posted from the templar god thread:

Hi fellow templars, I've been playing as a Heavy Strike/Lightning Strike templar from the start and have just hit lvl 81, basing my passives loosely on this guide. Honestly, I'm not very satisfied with the character, with my main gripe being it's slow killing speed. It is probably due to my very average gear, and I'm wondering should I carry on grinding it out with this char or would starting a new one be more viable. I need some advise from you guys.

My Stats (with auras):

Auras: Determination, tempest shield, wrath, clarity
Life: 3654/3887 (233 reserved)
Mana: 187/529 (342 reserved)
Armor: 9.2k
Block: 47%
Res: all 80% except chaos -60%
HS DPS: 6489
LS DPS: 4065
Other skills: Conductivity, leap slam, enduring cry

My gear:

My Passives:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswUtDjwPzBQgFE0WbxiRGS4ZhRo4HRQjTSSqJ-0otSkuMBkyCTKJM5Y26TpSOtg9_EA2QKBBP0GMRHJN2E99UEdQUFFgUeZVxlYEVw1X4lhjWfNfP2BLYIhhUmaeZ5tnvXA-cH1yqXM_d-V8uHzZgFaExIZgjHaMz49GkFWboZ7NoLSiAKZkpzCnhKmVrKq0L7T5ud3AGsbYyZjPZdDQ0iHUj9lh3sHjauRR5K3nruw47m_vDu9O8B_yL_Pd9kj3vvrS-6o=

My Considerations:

1)Another aura, anger perhaps? Will it help much?

2)Respecing dmg for health nodes, but won't that lower my dps even more?

3)In which priority should I look to upgrade my gear? I know ammy belt gloves and shield are especially shitty lol. Any recommended gear? Quality gems perhaps?

4)Even with optimal gear, can this char handle high lvl (72+) maps? Right now I feel useless in those maps as I deal not enough dmg, and also can't really tank the mobs properly.

5)Am I overestimating this char's ability? Compared to the stronger builds out there (LA, wander, FP, etc).

5)Scrap the char and remake, which I really do not want to do.

Any advise would really be appreciated, thanks!
"
raven6877 escreveu:
Honestly, I'm not very satisfied with the character, with my main gripe being it's slow killing speed. It is probably due to my very average gear

I have the same concern. Granted, I'm still working through A3 cruel but I can already see kill speed being an issue. Defense is great (which I love) but it does take awhile to kill things in comparison to other builds.

Gear seems to always be the issue ... It's just a matter of whether you hit the gear wall earlier or later. If only there was an easy way to find gear ....
Hi,

what do u think about my Templar build

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbZ2AgzgUTQSz8B8CcaloogC0-TKJd-VX4uw4GjinhJBVOthN2Ix2wBpmnvrSNunjauSt3sFZ86yqUea0L0E_cql82SftGS7Uj7nd8i_vDvPdHRSPRtDQz2VVxhZvpwgVULiTDH0Qf8ae2WFXDfuqoLTzBiSqGYWkrIwGKS58uD38WGPG2FBQjM_2SF8_GenSIZ7NpzD3vhQgUEcYkcmYcD4wGeeu5FGDsZB0qZVRYHB9pmSboWe97m_06f3P

i am lvl 42now, but this is so far, my end build

thx 4 help
Última edição por NovaHorizon em 14 de mar de 2013 16:13:59
Update from me ... I'm now level 58 with this build. Have started farming Fellshrine Merciless and it's still a bit slow from a DPS standpoint. Defensively I continue to really enjoy it as most of the toons I've made start to really get squishy at this point. However, the slowing DPS is a concern.

Any suggestions for improving damage output would be great. I do have a 5L chest (it sucks but at least it's 5L) but am still working on getting the correct socket colors on it. I'm currently running LS + ED + Faster Att + Pierce + Elem Prolif. I've tried swapping pierce and LMP but it starts to kill my mana.

I am running wrath + clarity (lev 5) + tempest shield at the moment. My biggest hole is a better phys damage weapon (preferably mace/scepter). I think I'm at about 2.1k DPS so I'm hoping a good weapon will help a good bit.

But ... as with EVERY character I've played it's about now that I hit the gear wall and there just isn't a good way to find the gear you need ...
was thinking of making one of these but the slow dps rate has turned me off a bit. hmmmm
I think the biggest thing this build is lacking, and the reason people are having a hard time dealing damage later on, is more damage amplification. Elemental Weakness alone isn't enough.

There are two ways to fix this, and work even better when combined:

1) Stack Curses. Conductivity, Elemental Weakness or both stacked together would help shred through enemies faster. You can stack curses by using the Windscream unique boots, or the passive Whispers of Doom. If you get both, you can do 3 curses and throw in Temporal Chains or something else fun like Vulnerability, Warlord's Mark, etc.

2) Elemental Equilibrium (EE). Instead of using Arc on your totem, use a fire or ice spell, like Ice Nova or Firestorm, and throw it out first. This will apply a resistance buff to that element, but make them vulnerable to lightning. Even if the totem only survives long enough to cast once or twice, you now wade in swinging Lightning Strike like a maniac against enemies with less Lightning Res.

Note: Elemental Equilibrium and Curses stack, and I imagine it's multiplicative but I don't have a strong source for that. See here for more info: Mechanics Thread

If you go EE, be careful of elemental damage on your weapon, as it will interact with your lightning strike + totem combo and can cause the wrong resistance to get refreshed.

Finally, I can't take credit for this idea. This guy here uses the combo to great effect. I don't even know if he's the first one who came up with the totem+EE combo. I've seen that in a lot of builds. But he does use EE + 3 curses and melts everything. If Infernal Blow can do it, so can Lightning Strike :)
Última edição por Rokdog em 21 de mar de 2013 01:34:06
"
Rokdog escreveu:
Spoiler
I think the biggest thing this build is lacking, and the reason people are having a hard time dealing damage later on, is more damage amplification. Elemental Weakness alone isn't enough.

There are two ways to fix this, and work even better when combined:

1) Stack Curses. Conductivity, Elemental Weakness or both stacked together would help shred through enemies faster. You can stack curses by using the Windscream unique boots, or the passive Whispers of Doom. If you get both, you can do 3 curses and throw in Temporal Chains or something else fun like Vulnerability, Warlord's Mark, etc.

2) Elemental Equilibrium (EE). Instead of using Arc on your totem, use a fire or ice spell, like Ice Nova or Firestorm, and throw it out first. This will apply a resistance buff to that element, but make them vulnerable to lightning. Even if the totem only survives long enough to cast once or twice, you now wade in swinging Lightning Strike like a maniac against enemies with less Lightning Res.

If you go EE, be careful of elemental damage on your weapon, as it will interact with your lightning strike + totem combo and can cause the wrong resistance to get refreshed.

Finally, I can't take credit for this idea. This guy here uses the combo to great effect. I don't even know if he's the first one who came up with the totem+EE combo. I've seen that in a lot of builds. But he does use EE + 3 curses and melts everything. If Infernal Blow can do it, so can Lightning Strike :)

I agree with point 1, but I'm not sure of point 2:

If I have read well on wiki, all Elemental Attacks done by you proc EE: so if u start, for example, with a cold dmg spell, for the next attack of LS the enemy will be afflicted by -50% lightning res, but then u will have to repeat the chain.

So the rotation would be:

1) Cast Curses
2) Fire/Ice Dmg Spell cast by you or Spell Totem
3) 1 Hit of LS

and so on with poins 2 and 3. Correct?

If so the problem will be Blocks by Tempest Shield cause they will overwrite EE during the rotation...

I think if u play with EE u can't use Tempest Shield.

Ps: sorry for my English :)
Hello Templars!

First of all my apologies for this shameless plug, but I've been wondering if this weapon is worth selling or just vendor thrash:

I would think this weapon works well with this LS build, or is the physical damage increase not needed for the build?
I figured the people theorycrafting on this build would be able to tell me.

Thanks in advance!
Última edição por Talvarr em 21 de mar de 2013 06:06:25
"
Talvarr escreveu:
Hello Templars!

First of all my apologies for this shameless plug, but I've been wondering if this weapon is worth selling or just vendor thrash:

I would think this weapon works well with this LS build, or is the physical damage increase not needed for the build?
I figured the people theorycrafting on this build would be able to tell me.

Thanks in advance!

Lightning strike is ALL about physical. Ele dmg is very secondary. LS converts 50% of your phys dmg to lightning.
With that being said, the Physical dmg on that is kinda low, but get it to 20% quality, and it's not too shabyat all. Worth a GCP at least.

Edit: didn't see the increased Lightning dmg at first. Ya know...that is very nice.
Última edição por DamageIncorporated em 22 de mar de 2013 00:19:12

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional