Season Three, Event 60: Descent

was a ranger, I was getting too much lag to really go at it.
Heavy Strike and Sweep droped, so I figured to hell with it!
Got this bad-boy lol

No damage gear for the first 5 levels, tons of desync all race, 4 large chests wasted even more time then the cyclone/glacial exile couldnt miss with anything no matter where either of us were on the screen, not to mention he was teleporting everywhere.

Are we going to be stuck with this level of extreme imbalance and randomness in descent for the rest of the season? Still no responses to any of the feedback in the race forum.

At this rate i expect next seasons signature race to be a 12 minute turbo where every monster has whirling blades, shield charge and cyclone.

Till next time.
IGN: KoTao
Gear: level 19 almost 20.

Placed 23rd, top 8 ranger.

I died at level 3 on first char, hopped on second char and died 2 and a half minutes before the race ended in a big pack on hall of heroes. Ranger owns with the right gear, could done top 10 easy if i hadn't derped.

Nice race ya'll

Última edição por Wovenspirit em 13 de jul de 2013 00:18:37
Placed 40th over all, #20 Duelist. Level 18.45.

I started out VERY slow, using rusted swords and all small pots until level 8, where I wasted a passive point to be able to use a whalebone rapier I had to alch to catch up. Luckily it rolled really nicely with damage and leech, but by the time I caught up I had spent 40 minutes just to get past Merviel (3 large chests also slowed me down lol.)

I ended with some respectable gear, but the rest was white/blue and mostly trash:

Stuff I never got to use :(

IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
Top 3. All non-duelist.

Wow.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
KoTao escreveu:
No damage gear for the first 5 levels, tons of desync all race, 4 large chests wasted even more time then the cyclone/glacial exile couldnt miss with anything no matter where either of us were on the screen, not to mention he was teleporting everywhere.

Are we going to be stuck with this level of extreme imbalance and randomness in descent for the rest of the season? Still no responses to any of the feedback in the race forum.

At this rate i expect next seasons signature race to be a 12 minute turbo where every monster has whirling blades, shield charge and cyclone.

Till next time.

One major thing I've learned to help with this is that I now restart my computer before every single race. I noticed I was desynching especially hard during night races, even though tthere was about the same number of players involved. Now before I go make a character, I restart the PC fully because this game has TERRIBLE memory sink issues. This has gotten rid of all but the most likely to happen lag like enemies in a doorway, or cyclone/whirling/leap mobs, or if you get cyclone/whirling/leap in fast situations.

IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
Re restarts before races: I already do this. It alleviates the memory problems for a couple hours but does nothing about the desync issues.

Re ranger mana problems: Its impossible to maintain firing an aoe skill with a shortbow unless you get lucky with catalyzed mediums. I generally have mana issues until my shortbow gets replaced, which is usually 15 for a composite since longbows are almost always a downgrade. Perhaps the new tree will help somewhat.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao escreveu:
No damage before lvl 5 either, and desyncs were terrible early on. But it somehow got better after ~25 mins, and then got this to finish strong:
Spoiler

I really don't know why the desyncs were terrible and then it was fine. It's not the first time this happens either. Maybe I should play half an hour before races to get rid of the bad desync phase, as if that made sense...

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional