Prediction/Revelation on new unique items on Next patchs

"
Sneakypaw escreveu:
So charan, I take it you know the recipe for your Unique already?

Do you have all the ingredients ready to get it as soon as it is released?

And how do you think that effects the whole 'even diamond/eternal supporters have to find they unique first' debate?

Charan has previously indicated that he does not and will not know the recipe from the devs. He'll be in the exact same position as we are.
Hey Charan,
Spoiler
given you're going for the fire angle here, doesn't allowing Hatred and such to work with this sword kinda not fit too well? Should it have "you can only deal fire damage with this weapon" instead? It would allow you to cast Ice spells and shit, but it doesn't seem like something many would bother with when that's the sword you're carrying. Or you could add "wearer may only deal fire damage" as an additional mod or something but you said before you want to cap it at 9 mods so idk.

Spoiler
...I might also be halfway to turning your Sword into a pseudo-caster weapon if that change was made. Assuming minions can still deal damage as they are not you, so you could go Goddess Scorned + Hatred + Zombies + Elemental Equilibrium and stack cold damage stuff on your zombies.
A blank slate unique that needs it's stats rolled before use.Even the base type of item needs rolling.It's base stats are always of 20% quality.

All mods rolled on unique are random as usual but always roll max stats.

Possibly a hell of a unique,possibly the biggest pile of reflect,light radius crap seen to man and for a build you would never play. =P
Última edição por Temper em 30 de jul de 2013 03:37:19
"
Temper escreveu:
A blank slate unique that needs it's stats rolled before use.Even the base type of item needs rolling.It's base stats are always of 20% quality.

All mods rolled on unique are random as usual but always roll max stats.

Possibly a hell of a unique,possibly the biggest pile of reflect,light radius crap seen to man and for a build you would never play. =P

I wonder if it were possible to create some kind of 'Unique Virus'. Every item that drops has a really really small chance (we are talking mirrow chance here) to drop as a unique and this unique would have always 0% quality and roll max stats, but can only have 5 Mods.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Museifu escreveu:
"
Charanjaydemyr escreveu:
I have good news and bad news.

The bad news:

Spoiler
This won't be in 11.3.

The good news:

Spoiler

"You can only deal damage with this weapon"

:X

Would have been interesting for a bear trap or EK build otherwise.

The fact that you are bound to a 106dps sword for damage seems like a deal breaker to me.

100% faster burning is actually a very considerable DPS boost.
Don't like that new sword.
I am a self-confessed Altaholic, but this things seems way too niche.
The only way I see it being used is if it does work with Searing Bond.

The fact that it uses both hands breaks it completely.
I haven't gone through the numbers, but I am positive that a well rolled rare 2H weapon would achieve higher damage even without the unique-mods.

However it might be a decent leveling weapon.
But who needs those anyway?
"
"
Charanjaydemyr escreveu:

2 seconds, however, is going to be deliciously quick.

That's what she said

Never seen anyone who made so many sexual references like charan.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Looking forward to finding that weapon and using it. Charan, you never disappoint.
IGN: Hathar
"
Charanjaydemyr escreveu:

Spoiler
I don't mind if external auras change things, but I think sure the Avatar of Fire effect cancels Hatred, since:

"You and nearby allies add x% of your Physical Damage as Cold Damage"

requires physical damage, when you're actually dealing absolutely no physical damage with this sword, ever.

EDIT: Actually I'm wrong there -- flat elemental damage from gear should still work. As should wrath, I guess.

Is that what you meant?

Spoiler
Minions will still deal damage, yes, but not totems, traps of 'anything else that uses the player's bonuses.' (Rory)

Just loaded up PoE to check, Added damage occurs before Converted damage. I had ~200 damage added as cold with Hatred for my default attack, ~250 to a level 1 Infernal Blow (125% damage effectiveness). So Hatred would still add cold damage even with 100% phys conversion.

And yeah, flat elemental works anyway.

Spoiler
Yeah, it's a shame Hatred still works, being able to proc EE with Cleave then have Zombies get the bonus damage from the -50% cold resist would work well.
"
Charanjaydemyr escreveu:
Sorry for getting in the way of your idea, but great minds and all that! I hope what you chose was still very much to your liking.

Nothing to be sorry about man. It frees me to pursue a different angle and hopefully further add to the options available to all :)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional