[0.11.6] Noperative's REAVER - CI/Crit/Dagger Build! 54k Reave DPS! 75k Single Target!

I am a new player looking for a build that is practical, fun and most importantly cheap (can be made with found gear)

is this a build for me? any response is really appreciated, i am looking to play anything except a witch, and i will play any type of gameplay.

is a crit dagger build viable for me being a completely new player?
"
CrystalTrees escreveu:
I am a new player looking for a build that is practical, fun and most importantly cheap (can be made with found gear)

is this a build for me? any response is really appreciated, i am looking to play anything except a witch, and i will play any type of gameplay.

For a fully map-viable build, no.

You can do somewhat self-found since many of my items were crafted and found, but I had a lot of currency behind me from previous characters as well.

In general, the build relies on using the advantages of a CI build to maximize damage and in return maximizing survivability. However, to do the full CI transition just takes a lot of money for a melee character. You won't be able to do it cheaply.

On the other hand, if you just stay life-based for a very long time you will eventually accumulate the currency to transition to CI. This is not very fun though, the build will feel quite gimped compared to the CI variant.
"
Noperative escreveu:
"
CrystalTrees escreveu:

For a fully map-viable build, no.

You can do somewhat self-found since many of my items were crafted and found, but I had a lot of currency behind me from previous characters as well.

In general, the build relies on using the advantages of a CI build to maximize damage and in return maximizing survivability. However, to do the full CI transition just takes a lot of money for a melee character. You won't be able to do it cheaply.

On the other hand, if you just stay life-based for a very long time you will eventually accumulate the currency to transition to CI. This is not very fun though, the build will feel quite gimped compared to the CI variant.

If you were to give a rough estimate, how much currency would it take before the build becomes map viable? Not looking for exact numbers, but is a 6L required or can it be done with a 5L? Would it take 1, 5, or 20 exa? How would you break down your investment in gear? like 30% weapon 50% chest 20% rest? Just looking for rough estimations here :)
"
hiddy escreveu:

If you were to give a rough estimate, how much currency would it take before the build becomes map viable? Not looking for exact numbers, but is a 6L required or can it be done with a 5L? Would it take 1, 5, or 20 exa? How would you break down your investment in gear? like 30% weapon 50% chest 20% rest? Just looking for rough estimations here :)

To start it off life-based in maps, you only need a 4L and a couple of chaos per piece of gear to get acceptable life and damage to do low level maps. It won't be anything spectacular and you won't be able to easily kill bosses.

My first start on this character as CI used this much currency:

2 ex for rainbowstrides
2 ex for dream fragments
~100 alts total to roll all my flasks
~fished out a random ring and ammy from my stash to use with physical dps stats and resists
2 ex for 5L ilvl 78 saintly, rolled to 600 es with ~40 chaos
~used self-found dagger with barely acceptable dps stats
10 chaos to roll a 400 es hubris
2-3 chaos to roll resists on es gloves
self-found shield with ~400 es

So overall, the most expensive parts to get were about ~7ex for my chest, rainbowstrides and dream fragments. Once I got those it was just looking for whatever drops I could scrounge together and crafting what I could not get myself.

If you cannot buy the chest (I am often told how hard it is to get a chest for my build) then it is acceptable to buy an armour/es chest with about 400 es and just 4L it to start mapping.

The overall amount I spent on my build after the initial phase, you can see the final products on the guide:

~30 ex on dagger, also a few attempts at eternal exalting it (total: 36 ex)
~Initialy 3 ex cost of saintly, later 6L'd it with a 10 ex lottery and exalted it twice afterwards (got str and block stun trash) (total: 15 ex)
~Exalted hubris twice for int and fire roll, (total: 2 ex 10 chaos)
~bought an archon for 3 ex, later exalted twice (total: 5 ex)
~bought shav's ring at a cheap price (total: 2 ex)
~found a really good amulet and ring from just alching every accessory I found in 75+ maps
~bought maligaros at 20 chaos
~3 ex for rustic sash

Total spent: ~65 ex

As you can see, at least half of my money went to acquiring the best dagger I could find. Afterwards about a quarter goes to a good 6L chest and then the shield and helm. The rest is just a few things I cobbled together over time with money laying around and waiting for deals. Rustic sash is a recent addition as it was as well-rolled as it could get.
Última edição por Noperative em 8 de out de 2013 00:35:38
yeah id say the same too...

the most expensive thing is the chest and the dagger... everything else is pretty cheap... however its defnitely not a viable spec for your first character :)
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
I guess life-based final build will just not work properly in maps? Has anybody tried to make one?
Hey, im new on PoE and im following your guide. I dont understand why you take all those +%hp nodes if you are going to have 1 life in the end. Is it something I miss?
Nice guide, btw.
Whats a nice dagger for Level 45-50 and what Def and DPS should i have now?
"
Noperative escreveu:
"
hiddy escreveu:

To start it off life-based in maps, you only need a 4L and a couple of chaos per piece of gear to get acceptable life and damage to do low level maps. It won't be anything spectacular and you won't be able to easily kill bosses.

2 ex for rainbowstrides
2 ex for dream fragments
~fished out a random ring and ammy from my stash to use with physical dps stats and resists

So overall, the most expensive parts to get were about ~7ex for my chest, rainbowstrides and dream fragments. Once I got those it was just looking for whatever drops I could scrounge together and crafting what I could not get myself.

If you cannot buy the chest (I am often told how hard it is to get a chest for my build) then it is acceptable to buy an armour/es chest with about 400 es and just 4L it to start mapping.

The overall amount I spent on my build after the initial phase, you can see the final products on the guide:

~Initialy 3 ex cost of saintly, later 6L'd it with a 10 ex lottery and exalted it twice afterwards (got str and block stun trash) (total: 15 ex)
~found a really good amulet and ring from just alching every accessory I found in 75+ maps
~3 ex for rustic sash

As you can see, at least half of my money went to acquiring the best dagger I could find. Afterwards about a quarter goes to a good 6L chest and then the shield and helm. The rest is just a few things I cobbled together over time with money laying around and waiting for deals. Rustic sash is a recent addition as it was as well-rolled as it could get.

i'm quoting this for my own future reference, but this is really awesome detailed info. i think you should include it (spoilered) in the OP
IGN: Napp_Sleepp
Spoiler
"
Noperative escreveu:
"
hiddy escreveu:

2 ex for rainbowstrides
2 ex for dream fragments

~3 ex for rustic sash

Thanks for the awesome details, really helps quite a bit to get a better grasp on the requirements and what the build can do at specific gearlevels. Good stuff! (might want to add it to the main guide, I think it'll be helpful for some people :)

I'm currently working on similar build myself that your guide inspired me to make. Been thinking about a build like it for quite some time but I'm too inexperienced with the game (a few hundred hours /played only), your (very) in-depth guide was just invaluable! I know there's probably stuff I can improve on this, but it's the first go I have at the build, and will adjust it after I've had a chance to map with it and figure out any possible problems. Maybe you have some critisicm to give me? Thoughts? :) http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY-aBEVC71jvh4venK20ZwfOio3_GHNyTJ7QMRnGVIILHQYd6uK6TKjjBxSy_hq4V19eGVmPsGMNtEZYOSKc0_KvjhMBRcFLz6ha_h9vrY5matvcRL4_62-dHBl9qwuy0xUBVb1cMjQ1JBbWNv1FHPs-95vljGttMYCT951TVANfLt9M94kjuG614rtN-Mwz-KxnV_94rCsEA2xoQe_VLvjpe-pp4rR7dSIwL7LC5fKZ_7UEtH5eVUlM9X5f0j6axs7VIBLGVZp8n

It's currently claw, just because I have a really good low level claw (255dps, lvl 48) and value the added survival a bit more than the extra efficiency/dps of a dagger build while just starting out with maps. The goal is to respec to dagger (taking the same dagger nodes as you do) when I get enough currency to buy a proper dagger. I mostly chose witch because of personal preference. :)

Right now the blast radius/aoe nodes are in there for me to try it out (I assume the 12% increased aoe damage is added on top of all other modifiers making it better than just 12% physical damage for reave (the 12% being multiplicative with the other claw/pysical dmg modifiers, not additive), but please correct me if I've got this all wrong.) If it turns out to be ok/fun, I might pick up the other three 4% increased AoE nodes near Vaal Pact(below the Conduit node) aswell. It's probably not the most efficient build, but for some reason I just enjoy small quality of life stuff like increased AoE on reave, and I'm willing to give up some raw dps for it. Any thoughts are welcomed! :)

Points past 102 skill nodes I'll most likely put 3 points into the shield block/shield mastery nodes, then all remaining points into 6% ES nodes.
Última edição por hiddy em 10 de out de 2013 09:30:46

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional