So i post one thread about moderation being too reactionary...

And then they close the thread? Wow when i said this games moderation was getting nazi-strict i wasnt kidding.

I guess having open discussions on if the moderation is too reactionary is somehow against the rules? Or they are just making them up as they go along? I don't understand.

"Success is not the absence of failure. Success is persistence through failure."
Currently Playing: Contagion/Essence Drain IGN: JddoggAscended

Última edição por Bex_GGG em 6 de ago de 2013 05:11:42
I'm guessing that they felt the thread didn't really serve a point since support posted about the issue twice, so its over and done with.

Time to move on.
Standard Forever
I feel like the moderation needs to be discussed. I've never seen a game where mods cannot step in UNLESS that person is reported and then thety insta mute the person that gets reported and don't even look into the context or who the antagonist was in the situation.

That kind of moderation only encourages trolls who gain a feeling of power everytime they report someone and get them muted for saying something as silly as calling them dumb.

I think it should be openly discussed by the community just like all other aspects of the game, and i feel like it's pretty insane to have this level of censorship to where im being muted and having my threads locked within minutes of posting them when what i'm saying isn't breaking any rules or by any means unreasonable. I feel i have a legitimate problem here.
"Success is not the absence of failure. Success is persistence through failure."

Maybe removing the mods powers and having the GGG staff handle this kind of thing was a BAD idea.
I understand they are already over their heads in work... but maybe they shouldn't have made that switch then. It never used to be like this when the mods were actually handling moderation. They would actually diffuse situations ahead of time and not just mutehammer anyone who gets reported instantly. That is so ineffective at actually moderating the contents of chat, because most players will not report others. Reporting is an act of aggression and shouldn't be rewarded every single time in the form of a mute.

maybe if half the mods Werent neckbearded, introverted middle aged men covered in a layer of cheeto dust, they would review the reports before smacking their over protruding forehead on the mute button
You were rightfully muted over the offensive comments you made. What needs to change is your attitude and behaviour, not the moderation practices of the GGG staff. You are free to act like a delinquent if you want to face the consequences for doing so.
sry ive seen godly and godlys dont lose hp wich wuold pretty much be a smiter with life tap
IGN: danknugsblazedopeswag
I thought the first thread you made explained pretty clear why you were muted:

1. You've been contacted several times in the past for your behaviour - you are a repeat offender.

2. A person was claiming he was getting people banned in chat (with no proof) - i fail to see how it gives you the right to break the rules? You proceeded to abuse him using insulting language. Regardless of whether or not you think you had the right to do so, it's still against the rules. Even if the other people is not punished, you still broke the rules.

3. You've posted threads even the response from Chris's email on the forum. There are proper channels for contacting support, and this isn't one of them.

4. According to the moderator, you didn't even report the player. If you were that concerned with the players action, the first thing you should done was report him.

It doesn't matter if you think you've been hard done by, you broke the rules set by GGG and have honestly been given rather lenient punishment (considering some other games). The solution seems pretty simple - stop using abusive language simply because you think it's ok to do so.
Última edição por UHF em 6 de ago de 2013 04:45:03
You don't seem to actually want to have a reasonable discussion about this. Try being nice; you'll get further.
IRON MAN
"
UHF escreveu:
I thought the first thread you made explained pretty clear why you were muted:

1. You've been contacted several times in the past for your behaviour - you are a repeat offender.

2. A person was claiming he was getting people banned in chat (with no proof) - i fail to see how it gives you the right to break the rules? You proceeded to abuse him using insulting language. Regardless of whether or not you think you had the right to do so, it's still against the rules. Even if the other people is not punished, you still broke the rules.

3. You've posted threads even the response from Chris's email on the forum. There are proper channels for contacting support, and this isn't one of them.

4. According to the moderator, you didn't even report the player. If you were that concerned with the players action, the first thing you should done was report him.

It doesn't matter if you think you've been hard done by, you broke the rules set by GGG and have honestly been given rather lenient punishment (considering some other games). The solution seems pretty simple - stop using abusive language simply because you think it's ok to do so.

Quoted for truth.
How have i at all been not nice with what i've said?

What you people don't get is that the policy that they can only act if someone is reported is ridiculous.
And then on top of that they don't even look at what was said they just instantly mute without looking at context.

No mature player sits there and spams the report button everytime he is offended.
A mature player will simply use the IGNORE FEATURE, or choose to argue back if thats what he wants.
That only caters to the IMMATURE players who spam the report button as an act of agression to players who they disagree with or are arguing with them.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional