Upcoming 0.11.5 microtransaction effect - Infernal Anger Aura

"
Hawkly escreveu:
While I think the 'effect' is neato, the idea behind this is....very cheesed.

You removed the VERY well made original aura art, and never gave us the ability to turn them back on, via an option in the graphic settings, and now you want to give us something back that doesn't look nearly as good, and expect people to pay for something that was technically already there in the first place?

This is a terrible move on your part. However I love you guys, and the game, so I'm hoping maybe you will incorporate the original aura effects back into the game some way at least.

In-game option: [] "More detailed Aura Effects" <-- Go go.

While I wouldn't see any issues with an option for more detailed aura effects, I just wanted to point out that people aren't paying for something that was technically already there.

We've never had rotating skulls before.
I personally like the "new" circle auras more than the old ones. I hated running around like a drugged up kid at a rave. "LOOK GUIZE! I R TEH TECHNO TREE!!!"

If you don't like the aura microtransaction, don't buy it. Simple as that.
Silver Kiwi is best kiwi!
"
Nycro escreveu:
Looks like you're striving more and more to make free players look stupid and paying players look awesome. This game is now completely P2NotLookTerrible when I used to be able to look awesome without paying, I'm quitting.

More of our development budget goes towards free updates to make players look cool (like the new helmet art) than to microtransactions. For the servers to stay up we have to have cool looking stuff to sell, but we try very hard to have a variety of good looking free options as well.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I don't understand this QQ about the old auras. They just make everything look like a mess especially when in a full party with multiple auras and in battle with all the other pretty pixel stuff, it gets visually disctracting and confusing.

Ugh. Info overload. Tacky.FTL ....................................Nice and neat. Boring? FTW

Anyway: Aura Riot thread over here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/320048/page/1

Reminder to mods: other aura qq threads were locked. The link above is the official Aura QQ thread.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Última edição por THEHORNEDRAT em 23 de ago de 2013 00:39:14
"
Nycro escreveu:
So you made all the auras look like shit to "reduce the graphics load" (even though the change to auras hardly made ANY difference) then you release microtransactions to make them look amazing again?

Looks like you're striving more and more to make free players look stupid and paying players look awesome. This game is now completely P2NotLookTerrible when I used to be able to look awesome without paying, I'm quitting.
Spoiler

Can I have your stuff?

Quitting over appearances. Now that is rich.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Even if they changed the original auras to more basic looking ones to sell "better" looking ones down the road (which I don't believe is the case), that's completely their choice. It's not going to change your build or play style. It's not going to break the game. GGG do an amazing job updating, listening to player feedback, incorporating ideas & making an all around awesome game. On top of that, you can play it for free, with no restrictions that impact the game. They have to make money some how. It's not some little project that they do for fun in their off time. It's their job & they need money to continue doing this. Thankfully they are against P2W. So they use cosmetic effects as a way to bring in cash. If you don't want to support them with money, that's fine, you don't have to. But please, don`t slander them just because you feel entitled to something that you really shouldn't.
So the auras used to look awesome, now they look boring. Now micro-transactions for them to be better? I have to be honest with my opinion and say its quite silly...
ACE Member.
Anyway, how are you going to show off your auras?
they don't show up in town. How will the other people know you have it? post it in local chat?

Poorly thought out, emotionally driven QQ drivel.

Pay to look good? Exactly! Isn't this the whole point of cosmetic microtransactions? What? you want GGG to give them out now? or you'll QQuit. Go ahead.

The cooler the mtx, people will want to buy it. Its not pay to win. That orbiting demon head doesn't bite nearby mobs to give you some melee advantage. I don't see how this makes it 'unethical', that some players are making it out to be. The way I see it, they're QQing in revenge for the aura exploit fix.

And Chonk explains it clearly, exactly and politely the way I'm not able to angrily put it.
Última edição por THEHORNEDRAT em 23 de ago de 2013 00:33:49
I like the new aura (neat) compare to the old one. Anyway why are people complaining about cosmetics purchase. As long as it is not pay to win, i am content.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
Old auras art seemed out of WoW, new ones and this one are far more fitting to the game.
Also the bills don't pay themselves, y'a know...

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional