Ranged Attack Totem

"
Mark_GGG escreveu:
"
Anuthutantrum escreveu:
Its outdated that this is restricted by the Non Melee weapons as we now have Melee projectile attack skills like Spectral throw.

Please update this to co-incide with the new attack skills.
It's not outdated. That wasn't done for no reason previously, it was done because it's necessary for the totem to work with skills that can be both ranged and projectile, such as frenzy, elemental hit, or puncture. The addition of spectral throw doesn't change anything about that.

We are looking into finding other ways to cause correct behaviour on those skills, but we can't remove that restriction until that's done, and that's not a simple task.

that makes sense then

well I can always hope the day we can use spectral and ranged attack totem may one day come :P

Thanks <3
Any way or at some point we don't have to use bows to actually use this skill?
the problem with totem is that there are just many limitations.

1. explosive arrow doesn't work well because it recharges the EA on enemy and never explodes.
2. poison arrow doesnt work with this totem right now.
3. LA has problem as it needs chain or LMP to make it work, and totem already has damage reduction.
4. Split arrow might work with LMP with knockback, but still not vaiable damage source
5. ice shot works nicely for slowing down enemies, yet still not good for damage source.
6. rain of arrows works better than all of the above but regular rain of arrows build is superior in many ways.
7. power siphon is useless due to how it can not make any charges
8. frenzy is useless due to how it can not make any charges.

only useful with.
1. elemental hit

overall this gem is rarely used
My Craft Logs-thread/359202
"
Galneryus escreveu:

2. poison arrow doesnt work with this totem right now.
poison arrow works now... but i suppose the argument there is "too weak doesn't stack"
Sad thing Ranged Attack Totem won't trigger Cast on Critical Strike
I believe that you should be able to support poison arrow with this. It's a ranged attack so... why not?

I started to make a build and I guess I didn't notice the clause that stated it couldn't and I ran into this problem at level 31 and went back to check the forum. It seemed so obvious that it SHOULD work with poison arrow. It seems counter intuitive and unnatural that a ranged attack cannot be supported by ranged attack totem.

Thank you for being wonderful game designers by making this a free to play game without the pay to win atmosphere and consistently listening to and considering player feedback. You guys rock.
IGN: Strudely
Última edição por NormanOrville em 3 de jan de 2014 03:25:15
Looking for the right synergy with Ranged Attack Totem.

I understand that RAT uses my stats, passives, etc.

But I'm having some issues and need some help :D

I'm running Elemental Hit on the RAT (still debating best 5L 6L for Elemental hit)

but on my 4L attack I'm running Frenzy (L1) + Power Charge on Crit + GMP + Lfe Gain on Hit

I'm also trying Power Siphon + GMP + Life Gain on Hit + Added Cold

I'm generating plenty of Frenzy and Power charges, even though I'm ancestral. BUT..

My RAT attacks dont seem to be criting anywhere near as much as I do and the Attack speed is a alot slower as well. I seem to speed up when I gain charges but the totems dont?

I use split arrow + ranged attack totem + incr proj phys dmg + blind. I also have frenzy, rain of arrows and puncture. I found that rain of arrows was bad to have linked to this because I like concentrated effect on my rain of arrows and if you link that to the ranged attack totem, the range will be significantly limited.

As it is, the mob has to be within range of the totem.

Yeah, it doesn't do huge damage, but blind is nice. Also, I have frenzy + life leech + projectile phys dmg + power charge on crit + increased accuracy + (don't have 6L yet) incr crit dmg. The frenzy and power charges feed the totem and help blind stuff faster. Also, if someone in the party gives good hatred, the totem has another useful benefit. Basically, if you want to use a support like blind, you either nerf your own dps, or you have a totem do it. This way, blind is spread pretty well and the party benefits without a reduction to the party's dps.

Generally, I don't like to be lined up with my ranged attack totem because it can get hit and die easily, but if it is placed at an angle to the mob, you can get a good crossfire going.
con effect does not reduce the totem's fire range.
The problem with this gem is, you can only use this totem if you are a ranged character. However this is rather pointless, as ranged characters would rather use their own bow and such. There is little to no advantage.

I think that the totem should require a ranged weapon in at least one of the players weapon sets, but not be required to be equipped in the current weapon. That way, the totem is always using a bow for its stats while the player proceeds to use whatever style they wish. Opening up new build combo's. The same could be done for traps and mines as well.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional