Cold-crit CI witch build

"
Pam escreveu:
83 points build
that's the base for the usual dps/defence ratio
points can be reallocated (2% cast speed node/crit multiplier) to get stats or nullification

Pam's build is a late game build. Without trading for or already having high ES gear you might not survive the leveling process using this.

The one thing that this build is missing is the 30 dex/str. You will need to grab at least 1 of each to level your gems and use some gear. You can always spec out of them late like you would health/es nodes but these are a little more important seeing as your end game gear is not going to have many stat points on them.

I'm at work and cant post the link for my version of this build. But when I get home I will post a step-ladder of builds I used in the one week race.
Última edição por Lachis em 31 de dez de 2012 12:00:10
"
SL4Y3R escreveu:
Depends.

Additional Cast Speed helps to get more dmg out of a single diamond flask.

I am still debating on whether or not to keep that last 2% node. However, if anything, a 5% ele node will not be what I grab.

If I luck out with high mana weapons/gear, i ditch that right beginning tree and fork through those 5% nodes and reconnect to gain some DPS and ditch some unneeded mana.

I see.

I just realised that you pick all three 10% Crit Chance Multiplier right below Necromantic Aegis, but there are two 15% Spell Critical Chance orbs Right below the first Savant.

So.. what's the difference between those two, meaning "Chance" and "Multiplier"?
Chance increases your chance to crit, while multiplier increases how much damage you do when you crit.
Oh damn, nevermind. Silly question, indeed.

I don't know why, but I thought them both referred to crit chance, and were just written differently >.<

Thanks for being so quick, anyway! :)

By the way, I'm level 38 right now. I don't usually die too much, except when I have several ranged mobs attacking me from different points. To be honest, I think my ES is quite low (doesn't even reach 350) and my life is also around that number.

Obviously, getting CI right know would be worse for me, I guess, so what should I simply do, upgrade my equipment?

TBH I've not paid attention to it that much. I just pick up rare items, and sell them if they are not suitable for my class, or if they are, identify them and compare them to my currently equipped item slot.

I think that I don't really die that much due to the fact that I blow stuff up with Freezing Pulse before they can even touch me, but as I stated, that's not the case with ranged mobs.
Here we go. This is the build I used in the last race. I died at 76 to a load screen :(. All specs assume you kill all the bandits.

Normal Vaal
lvl 28ish

Cruel Vaal
lvl 38ish
- Here you should still be able to kill Vaal with no health nodes or resist nodes if you play carefully and get some decent + life upgrades. Sacrifice the buff effect nodes and a few int nodes leading up to it if you are still unsure.

Ruthlees Vaal
lvl 48ish
- In my experience you can still kill vaal here without life or ES nodes. Given that you upgrade your gear....if you havent then do this.
lvl 48ish with life/es

Merciless Vaal
lvl 60ish or whatever lvl you feel comfortable
-this one shows a little bit higher like 62/63 I didnt really count. Basically you want close to capped fire/lightning and more health.

Also at this point if you have enough ES gear you can spec into CI. Which is what I did below.
lvl 63/3 ish CI

So now you've beat the game and you are ready for maps or pvp. At this point you can really take whatever you want based on what you need. More ES? More Mana? More dmg (cast speed > crit multi > spl dmg > crit)

Your gear that you are looking for will have ES on it. The key stats you are looking for are mana/mana regen/resistances. If you find a piece like this exalt it and hope you get lucky with crit multi/spl dmg/cast speed.

Your tree is totally dependent on your gear and how you play. If you have low health then take take health nodes or YOU WILL die. Only spec CI if you have good ES gear. If you are low on mana take mana nodes. There are plenty of these nodes around throughout the leveling process. Don't feel like you have to follow the dmg path to get something like heartseeker in place of life/es. This will get you killed in ruthless/merciless.
Última edição por Lachis em 31 de dez de 2012 23:47:14
For this cold-crit CI witch build what are good gems to use? I can't find it. Can anyone link it or write what gems are best?
No spell totems:

Freezing pulse-Lesser multiple projectiles-faster casting-mana leech
If you have a 5 link then you can pick between life leech/reduced mana/improved item quantiy or rarity/crit damage depending on what you want.

Ice spear-increased crit damage-faster casting-lesser multiple projectiles

Clarity aura-discipline aura-purity aura-reduced mana

frostbite/elemental weakness-increased effect-increased duration-faster casting

That is all you need.

You will have an opportunity to have more skills, for these you can choose anything that suits your playstyle.

zombies- minion health-minion-damage-added cold dmg
or
frost wall-faster casting-increased area of effect

If you plan on using spell totem:

There are many options. I would spec into dual totem and use ice spear or freezing pulse. Your 5l becomes spell totem, get a 6 link for more fun. Use 2 of the totems and definitely use zombies. Use 2 curses since you are going that way on the tree anyway substitue increased duration with reduced mana.

Here you can explore remote mine-frost wall/another freezing pulse/cold snap-increased area of effect-inscreased crit damage-cold penetration

Small guideline. There are way way way more fun option but this should keep you busy. And after you use these combinations for awhile you will be used to experimenting on your own and can build however you want.
Thanks a lot for skill info it really helped.
Última edição por tomoxxx em 3 de jan de 2013 03:53:25
Totems should give much more dps and u can get it without loosing important nodes (build in previous post)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional