Volls Protector build [Cold+Critical+CI Witch HC lvl 74]

Have you thought about getting a facebreaker in your glove slot? It gives an additional 60% crit multiplier which would put you at 600% crit damage.
73 lvl passive after the reset looks exactly the same:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4EBwVCB2MOSA_EES8RUBGWGmwfAilPLL8tHzbFOtg7fDvhQZZCw0bXTLNN2FAwVytapl3GXfJfKmBtY0NmT20ZcFJw1XWKf8aBSYIQgpuFfYhCiGuLeow2jHaOZI9GnaOdrp6hoqOnCKcrrrOvm7I4tDi1BLb3tvq4yrvWwFHBxcHzw23UBdVP2CTbXtzH3fPfhN-w4vfjhOQi5Rnmgetj6-TsOPId8-r3pvv1_Ks=

@Nymel
I actually never considered it, but now that I think of it those 60% are not worth loosing all the other stats that nice rare gloves can provide, the dmg is sufficient the way it is now.
The only unique I would consider to add to this is the Doedre's Damning ring (maybe Windscream unique greaves) so I can use 2 curses: Critical weakness + Frostbite
thanks for posting the build, was lucky enough to get volls as my first unique drop in game on my witch at around lvl 35ish, so the timing was perfect to adapt my build to using it, and this thread was quite helpful in showing me what i should be prioritizing passivly to take advantage of volls. took a few levels after getting it to be able to tweak my build to use it but after using it for 12 levels or so, i absolutly love it. power charges on ice spear are just devastating.

i love the fact that there are uniques in this game cool and functional enough to design an entire build around, thats pretty hot shit. that one drop totally changed the way i was going to build my witch. thanks again for the build op.
Hey, I'm a newbie and I have one question. How do you get the Power charges with this tree? I looked at your abilities and none I saw generated them. Please correct me if I am wrong, I was just wondering.
Nevermind I found it
can you provide a shortened hyperlink to your build? i'm having trouble copying yours
"
Dushan escreveu:

Thanks much easier...this build is focused around vols and the power charges...to answer another posters question; you could essentially live with this build until youget vols by using a high ES chest with the correct mods?

also i'm going to start a char like this tonight but I wanted to see how your playstyle is in hardcore. leveling up are you only using spear? freezing pulse?....you have high es and with careful play you can live forever with this, but do you ever have any problems with being chain stunned or entering a room and getting dropped since you have literally 0 evasion?
"
Lachis escreveu:
Thanks much easier...this build is focused around vols and the power charges...to answer another posters question; you could essentially live with this build until youget vols by using a high ES chest with the correct mods?

- I wanned to try a critical build on cold skill, as it freezes the opponent.
- Best critical base cold skill is the ice spear so i thought I'll go with that.
- It is not AoE skill so i thought I wanna support it with GMP
- Then I knew I wanned to try Volls Protector for the power charges. I wasn't even considering Power Syphom skill for getting the charges.
- I knew this would cause me some mana issues. GMP+Volls+Clarity. But I looked around the Witch passive tree and found out there are many mana boost points that I never used before. So I tought "OK lets try this"

- AND IT TURNED OUT IT WORKS AND ITS FUN :)

- Yes I used ES armour until lvl 35. I bought the very first Volls dropped on HC since the last wipe. I bought it at lvl 32 so right on time :)

"
Lachis escreveu:
leveling up are you only using spear? freezing pulse?....you have high es and with careful play you can live forever with this, but do you ever have any problems with being chain stunned or entering a room and getting dropped since you have literally 0 evasion?

- Both and only those 2. Freezing Pulse as a primary attack until I was lvl 40tish and could afford IceSpear with GMP. Until that I used Ice spear only on bosses as it const freezed them.
-I played carefull all the time, even now playing maps at lvl 73 having ~6K ES isnt that safe**, some powerfull bosses can take me down in 2-3 hits. My biggest defence is that the opponents are freezed most of the time. When they are freezed they cant hurt you.
-Dangerous were only places where you have very little manouver space. When that is combined with monsters using flicker strike you have to be very aware of what you are doing and progress through the location slowly. Otherwise I havent sence any kind of danger throughout the whole time.
- Three points to take out:
a) Normal difficulty should be easy to survive, you can focus on dmg.*
b) Lookout out at Ship Graveyard Cave and Weavers Chamber.
c) Cast a totem ahead of you to find out if you're in trouble before you're in trouble.

*I once pre-played a witch for my friend from beginning to lvl 11. I havent invested any kind of currency into any equipment I was using. I saved everything for him to use. Same with passives. I havent used a single one as I wanned him to choose what he wants. I got so far that I killed even brutus. There were no near death experiences along the whole way.

**After posting this I learned that HC ladder #1 lvl 85 character died. He had 4K ES and 3K life.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/60733
Always play carefully no matter what.
Última edição por Dushan em 19 de dez de 2012 05:30:58
Just wondering, how do you get Power Charges with this build?

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional