Trade screen update and experience changes

In the past people have worried that the Open Beta will bring a giant wave of scammers, so hopefully this grants some peace of mind!

0.9.13e will probably be deployed on Monday or Tuesday (and won't contain the trade screen), but will have the experience calculation changes that we're still not talking about. The changes are primarily to prevent boosting and to slightly encourage larger parties. We're not adding a "/players X" feature at this stage.

Please don't respond to the "larger parties" comment by concluding that we hate solo players - it's still really efficient to play solo - just less punishing if you do manage to wrangle five friends to play with you.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Última edição por Chris em 9 de nov de 2012 02:51:37
"
Maverickroll escreveu:
Speaking of party size, any chance in the future once the Cut Throat league is fully available we could increase both party size and the number of players an instance can hold? Or is the lower numbers a requirement of the game engine?

Ever since I got my taste of Cut Throat (which is one of the main reasons I've fallen in love with PoE) I've envisioned these large battles for open pvp, which would help against too many people trying to group up on a small group since each instance can only hold so few.

The number of players in an instance is set to 6 for gameplay reasons. It always has been 12 in cut-throat.

"
Rnew1990 escreveu:
I understand that you guys want to encourage people to play in parties, but why force people to play in a large group if they don't want to? what really is the big deal, some people like to solo, some dont..

Adding the /X players command would be a good idea in my opinion because you can challenge yourself vs harder enemies as if there were more people in the game.. you cant get this experience in a party because everyone is fighting the same mobs.

Map mods make the enemies harder for people that want a challenge - if they're not hard enough, please let us know :)

"
Lichalfred escreveu:
The only problem at grouping for me is the items problem. I mean - have you seen those mountains of loot that drop on 70+ quantity maps with 6 people all of them having 60+ quantity - its literally IMPOSSIBLE to browse through this. I often found myself impossible to pick an item because its name string was off the screen, and when I move to find it I get so far away I cant see it anymore and instead see a gargantuan pile of other craploot.

It would be really nice if you cut those low ilvlv or badly linked items so that it becomes way less pain to group for maps. Or make that more players make the loot better, not more of it.

Not to mention the abundant amount of itemnames on a screen makes it harder to navigate especilly if you group with necro-witch or spark dual totem users.

Is this information current? We reduced the item drops for big parties substantially a few times in the 0.9.12 series of patches. If there are still massive piles of items then we can look into it further, but from what I can see on this end it's a lot better than before.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Will you be able to initiate trade with distant people via chat commands? Please yes.

In a later patch (but before the website trading stuff) you'll be able to trade with people in other instances.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional