ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
Wackofalltrades escreveu:
Back with yet a few questions:)

How much mana are you sitting at when running 3 auras/do you allways run the 3, or is there's situaions where you take off Hatred for instance?

And then a question for all you ppl trying this build out - i need suggestions on where to go first at this point in my build path. I kinda started off wrong compared to what Ziggy suggested, and took the whole templar side first - but i finally reached MoM now.
This is where I'm at atm:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABLMIZxRNFSAXLxg8GNsaOBzcHRQo-imlKk0s6S2oNZI26TrYPydBh0NjRZ1GcUrITdhN404qVcZV1lj1W69k52aebqpxTXTxeqp_xoCkgW-CHoLHgwmFMojxjHaPRpBVkyeTOprPmuCdxJ48ogCio6cIp4SsWbGQtAy18rcxtz631riTvSfAGsHzz2XQ0NsL21ndDeNq52Pr7uw4-ej60v4K_o8=

Im thinking i should definately go for Path Of The Warrior next - but from that point, I'm a bit undercertain as to which nodes i should get first.

Just reached act 3 mercy - sitting at:
3121 health
2636 armor
2578 mana with 429 left after applying 3 auras.

Would love some thoughts from some of the ppl who have tried the build out - maybe you found it better to aim for mana early, or hp or some aura points?

Any suggestions are welcome.

I have about 1000 unreserved mana after Clarity, Discipline and Hatred/Grace. (2x 60% and clarity).

700 mana is minimum for mana shield to be effective, if you have less after all three auras dont run Disc.

I actually didnt use Disc at all until level 80. It pretty much always looses you unreserved mana but since it increases your max mana a great deal it gives a TON of regen, which is perfect.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
Thanks Zig, about what I expected from the Flasks minus the one odd one =)

Any chance you have some answers for my other questions if possible?
Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere but for the updated passive tree you're using currently, have you said anywhere what the best point allocation path is while leveling?

ie, where to go first, and after that, and so on.

I checked out the lvl 50 guide vid but the build you were using in that one is out of date.

Thanks as always Zigg

Edit:
"
Just go for all of that sweet life first:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGeTOr0nGDz56EGHtz7-CudjiPGsWTWS_o9N46ZXMZ6Cxyj66-56qprgRZ24k6cIj0bQ0M9lVcYWbw==

That said, level 0-20 deaths are usually unrelated to build. It's likely a gearing issue (not getting any life) or an unfamiliarity with the game's challenges.

Went back and re read through the thread and spotted this. I'm still curious where you go afterwards and beyond. As far as optimal point allocation as one levels.

Edit Edit: :D
You actually direct where to go under the leveling spoilers. Either I glossed over it, they changed, or they didn't make as much sense to me until I'd gotten into playing the build more.

I actually think after going through all the life nodes, it might be better to go and grab IR before EB, that way you have dex for EK and Beartrap to level up, then head to EB and grab MoM right after you get EB.
Última edição por Asheland em 22 de nov de 2013 10:21:54
Great build Ziggyd. Possible to show passive tree leveling progression?
Love the build so far and definitely very well perfected here. Would Mana Leech be a good choice for a support gem, given how important Mana is, or is more damage better?
Loving the build so far.

I'm just starting act 3 merciless. There are right now 4 different types of passives to go for: ES/Armor, life, cast speed and aura utility talents. In which order would you recommend getting these? I really want the aura ones so I can start running 3 auras, but something tells me that isn't ideal just yet.
Hey ziggy why arent you taking the Projectile DMG nodes down form scion?
more like: why are you respecing out of them?

Edit: nvm found the answer in the thread :)

mainly we should take those proj dmg when leveling (for easier time with spectral throw) and then spec out of them into faster casting+mana which is important to this build (thats how i see it)
dis mah sig.
Última edição por InSaNeOo em 21 de nov de 2013 07:46:06
"
USBastard escreveu:
Loving the build so far.

I'm just starting act 3 merciless. There are right now 4 different types of passives to go for: ES/Armor, life, cast speed and aura utility talents. In which order would you recommend getting these? I really want the aura ones so I can start running 3 auras, but something tells me that isn't ideal just yet.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Usually I have absolutely zero problems breaking down a build and figuring out which is the optimal route on my own. This one, however, I have no idea! I'm sitting at almost 60 with 15~ passives remaining or so.

Here's where I am sitting:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcVIBg8GNsc3B0UHpQo-ipNLOktqDGeNZI26T8nQYdFnUZxSn1KyE3jVcZbr2egbqp6qn_Ggh6Cx4MJh3aI8Y9GkyeTOprgoqOmV6cIrD-sWbGQtAy18rc-t9a4k70nwfPPZdDQ2wvbWdxX3Q3jaudj6-756PrS_MX-Cv6P

I'm going to stay ST until about 68 and then change to this build. I'll make sure I get MoM + IR by then, but I'm not sure what would be next after it. I'm going to give myself until 70 before I start maps just as a grace period to getting used to the build =)

This is what I plan to do at 70 unless Ziggy has a better recommendation. I feel like the Life, EB, MoM and ES+Armor nodes are all necessities. Unfortunately this leaves very little room, which I put in the aura nodes. Missing a lot of damage through Cast Speed and missing
quite a few aura nodes still, though.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcVIBZvFy8YPBjbGjgc3B0UHpQo-imlKk0s6S2oMZ41kjbpOtg_J0GHQ2NFnUZxSn1KyE3YTeNOKlXGVdZY9VuvZOdmnmegbqpxTXTxeqp_xoCkgh6Cx4MJhTKHdojxjHaPRpBVkyeTOprPmuCdxKKjplenCKeErD-sWbGQtAy18rcxtz631riTvSfAGsHzz2XQ0Nrd2wvbWdxX3Q3jaudj6-7sOPno-tL8xf4K_o8=

Finally, Zigs, any recommendations on getting a linked chestpiece? How did you get yours? Please don't say stream lottery =( I don't know if I should be buying a high ilvl white Saintly Chainmail or Hauberk and then socketing / 5Linking it myself and just crossing my fingers with crafting it or just buying an average one and link it myself =p Or I could just buy a Carcass Jack...
Última edição por Valentia em 21 de nov de 2013 12:37:09
"
Valentia escreveu:
How is IR if you don't use any Armor / Evasion gear. I notice every piece of Armor / ES. I'm not sure how buff stacking goes with flasks and passives and IR- am I okay using Evasion / ES gear? I'm guessing the benefits stack up in such a way that due to the Armor / ES circle by Templar, I am forced to use Armor / ES gear.

I think the sheer amount of dex you get automatically with this build will increase your armor significantly just by putting a point in IR aswell.
"
Wackofalltrades escreveu:
"
Valentia escreveu:
How is IR if you don't use any Armor / Evasion gear. I notice every piece of Armor / ES. I'm not sure how buff stacking goes with flasks and passives and IR- am I okay using Evasion / ES gear? I'm guessing the benefits stack up in such a way that due to the Armor / ES circle by Templar, I am forced to use Armor / ES gear.

I think the sheer amount of dex you get automatically with this build will increase your armor significantly just by putting a point in IR aswell.

Using IR negates the bonus evasion from Dexterity. IR simply allows you the flexibility of using either Armor / ES or Evasion / ES. The true power of IR comes in when using Grace aura, which allows flat that huge flat Evasion bonus to be turned into damage reduction, which also stacks well with % armor nodes.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional