Coyotefreak's Lightning strike build!

"
Coyotefreak escreveu:

I read this and it seems pretty good Imo but chain got nerfed as we saw on kripp's stream so i do not know how this build will turn out anymore.

the point is that they will make the lighting bolts hit the targets no mater where they are .... so you just go in the crowd and hit any mob ....by having Cain to your skill ... you will hit almost a full screen of mobs...that's the idea of adding cain to the skill ...
Long Live the Templars !!!!
Thanks for all the support in this build. :D
Im confused to to way you opted for elemental damage nodes and not physical damage ones? Physical damage affects LS much more than straight elemental damage nodes. Remember 50% is converted from physical damage. Higher physical is better than higher elemental.
Hmmm...
"
Im confused to to way you opted for elemental damage nodes and not physical damage ones? Physical damage affects LS much more than straight elemental damage nodes. Remember 50% is converted from physical damage. Higher physical is better than higher elemental.
it depends on whether you are talking about melee physical damage. Because if it is, it does NOT affect the actual projectiles only the actual melee hit itself.
"
Coyotefreak escreveu:
"
it depends on whether you are talking about melee physical damage. Because if it is, it does NOT affect the actual projectiles only the actual melee hit itself.

Actually that is incorrect.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Lightning_Strike

The lightning itself does 70% of total damage. Which is split 50% physical and 50% elemental. You will always have higher one hand damage nodes available and thus give you more damage.

Edit: I believe you were talking about the strength multiplier. Not only that but you are severely gimping your attack on your main enemy! The one right in front of you. Think about bosses.
Hmmm...
Última edição por ReddGrave em 20 de jan de 2013 02:44:39
"
Actually that is incorrect.
It may be but, for this build you mainly want to use this as a medium ranged ability and not so much as a straight up melee ability (unless you are killing a rare or boss) so it is better if you invest in other nodes and not phys damage. and also since it gives 50% to lighting damage it scales up much higher with the ele nodes other then melee nodes.
looking at the current tree it looks like a Marauder LS build would benefit from mostly strength nodes since Iron Grip is so close. I think my LS Templar will focus on both strength and elemental damage nodes as there is plenty of strength, INT, phys damage, lightning damage and mana to be had near the Templar area leading closer to the marauder section as well. Templar/paladin classes are usually hybrids of some kind anyway so it makes since to me to get a healthy mix of both, especially since the projectile part will be just as important as the melee part of the skill depending on the situation.
i still dont understand how you maintain the mana used for the auras.
when do you stop leveling the aura gems? do you stop at all?

how much mana should you have at end game when you wanna use:

anger, wrath, discipline and clarity?

i started a templar LS and everytime i lvled the aura gems i had less mana to use.

thats the point i still really dont understand.

can someone please explain in detail how to manage mana?

thank you
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
i still dont understand how you maintain the mana used for the auras.
when do you stop leveling the aura gems? do you stop at all?

how much mana should you have at end game when you wanna use:

anger, wrath, discipline and clarity?

i started a templar LS and everytime i lvled the aura gems i had less mana to use.

thats the point i still really dont understand.

can someone please explain in detail how to manage mana?

thank you
I had 650 mana endgame but i do not use discipline with my build, just anger,wrath and clarity but regardless i have all of these auras on a reduced mana support gem which greatly saves you alot of mana. But over all you should have about 200-240 mana remaining with the cost of 40-50 mana for lightning strike each attack (this is really helpful with mana leech) and with clarity you only want to level it to the point where you feel comfortable with you're current mana pool and i did not pick up wrath until lvl 60 for mana reasons aswell thats why i stick with either anger or wrath when leveling and clarity of course. Hope this message helped! Let me know if you have anymore questions!
The skill tree isn't working for me. :/
IGN: Tiamos

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional