1.0.2 Patch Notes

-Damage conversion does not apply to damage over time.

Does it mean that all my damage conversion with avatar of Fire and Cold to Fire for my burning arrow is now bullshit? And it won't apply to my already nerfed burning damage??
Última edição por Exo666 em 29 de nov de 2013 10:46:22
my Double strike DPS has been cut in half since last night? What gives?
just do some math...

Burndamage with 1.0.1 with burn build:

0.33 base * ( 1 + 0.8 passiv + 0.59 skillgem + 0.7 searing ) = 1.0197

with 1.0.2:

0.2 * ( 1 + 0.8 passiv + 0.59 skillgem + 0.7 searing ) = 0.618

so fore the same damage with the 0.2 base you Need about 200% increased Fire/Elemental Damage...

Did i miss some 50% or 100% increased firenodes? :)

I love this buff ;)
"
Exo666 escreveu:
-Damage conversion does not apply to damage over time.

Does it mean that all my damage conversion with avatar of Fire and Cold to Fire for my burning arrow is now bullshit? And it won't apply to my already nerfed burning damage??

Not really. burning damage is still based on the fire damage of the original skill. So if u deal more fire damage with burning arrow, you will have higher burning damage. This probably also means, if you have bonus to fire damage, it will apply to both original fire damage and burning damage, so it will scale 2 times with burning damage. Same applies to projectile damage. (At least in theory)

IGN: Karamellaskolbasz
Yeah thanks for your reply, I just realize that I was wrong. He meant that damage conversion don't apply DIRECTLY to damage over time. I thought that he meant that my conversion to fire won't be calculated for the burning damage it will cause.
"
"
Malone escreveu:
"
for my Explosive Arrow.... I was actually seriously hoping for a plain BUFF

Not sure if serious.

By the way, still waiting detailed release notes, those are just an overview with a lot of missing informations.

Of course I'm serious.... I'm not talking about the explosion, I'm talking about the burn damage... In full groups that burn damage is low as hell, and now it's even less.

I don't see any reason why to change it this way..

Maybe respec into more fire dmg nodes can help, but then i'll:
- Lose life / life regen
- More vulnerable to reflect / more chance to oneshot myself

This build was fun

Funny my EA marauder with only 5 burn+fire dmg nodes is melting mobs and trash packs with burn in 5 charges still... don't know what ur problem is =-(
Última edição por Rezechs em 29 de nov de 2013 11:19:20
"
veritasdoinwork escreveu:
my Double strike DPS has been cut in half since last night? What gives?

The tooltip only counts each ht now not 2, it was stated in patch notes they changed ooltips the dps is the same still.
"
Qarl escreveu:

• Generic modifiers to damage dealt will now apply to damage over time that your character causes. Damage over time is not spell damage, nor attack damage, so modifiers specific to those types will not apply. Non-specific "increased damage" modifiers will apply to damage over time. Type-specific modifiers will apply as well. For example, "increased fire damage" modifiers will apply to fire damage over time.
  • Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

Regarding Righteous Fire, why wouldn't it work with Fire Penetration? Just tested in game and it doesn't apply to RF burn.
Can I please get some reply on how this makes sense?:

Damage over time is not spell damage, nor attack damage, so modifiers specific to those types will not apply.

FModifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

Wait, what?
I get that area damage can increase cloud degeneration (and righteous fire / fire trap for that matter) since the degeneration is ITSELF the area effect.

On that note, does Righteous Fire work with Concentrated Effect now?

But why projectile nodes?
Is this a mistake?
The poison cloud is a side-effect generated by an arrow, but the cloud itself IS NOT a projectile.

For that matter, why wouldn't "attack damage" nodes affect viper strike? after all, it's am ATTACK that is APPLYING a debuff.

Close along the lines, Fire Trap's explosion is a SPELL EFFECT, that's generating BURNING GROUND

Thanks beforehand.
so is puncture now double dipping with a rustic sash bonus? and triple dipping with the vulnerability curse?
Cuddles' DoT trapper build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/683322

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional