Beating Nemesis without rares or uniques

"
Mivo escreveu:
"
Sneakypaw escreveu:
What NotRegret hates or not hates doesn't change anything about what he proved with his Blue Item endeavor. And that is what Stormknight is using as his arguement, not NotRegret's preferences.

NotRegret traded for blue top items. He didn't play self-found, nor will you self-find or craft more blue top items than you will self-find or cratft yellow top items. Check some of the prices for really good blue gear. Same lottery.

Even if he had, his experiment concluded with him quitting the game. What more than "QED" can anyone really say to that?

The difference between the high item level blues I got through trading and the possible ones I could have gotten through crafting/grinding gave me just around 200-300 extra hit points. They gave nice resists but I was actually overcapped on several different elements.

The rares that I got from random drops were better than any blue I could have ever gotten through trading, because rares can have armor, resist, and life all on 1 item.

Trading is a part of PoE. Trading will ALWAYS BE A PART OF POE no matter if the entire community rallies against it. To start with Chris is basically the dictator of the game and he has a huge hard on for in-game economies. Apart from that PoE has a bussiness model that needs in-game economies to work well. The free to play+cash shop model requires a constant stream of new players in order to function (old players dont spend as much on the cash shop). Having a constant stream of new players requires having a type of game that people get their friends into. A gaming experience that FORCES interaction (like a say a player based economy) is more likely to make people get their friends in than an entirly solo experience.

In other words even if Chris didn't love in game economics and the entire community made him change the game you would just end up KILLING POE. Diablo 3 has a payment model that lets them have their game be entirly single player because its pay to play.

This is exactlty why I said I want to see GGG make a new game entirely. If you really want PoE: no player trading edition. Than you should rally behind the idea of GGG creating a new single player and selling it at $50, I'd pre-order that!

As for leaving PoE. Thats what you do with game's dumb ass. You get tired of and leave them. Grinding out the same game until its boring and miserable is not how I play games.

"
Druga1757 escreveu:

I'd like to see where Krip said he had nothing more for him to do in PoE. I remember him saying he tried SoTV on launch and couldn't get motivated to play it, that he was bored. He said he would have loved to have the things SoTV had earlier when he was playing actively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1geoGkDZf0

He even goes on to say that if he got that bored that quickly with PoE, he was doubtful that he would play RoS for long because it would probably bore him, too. Except, he IS still playing RoS because he's having fun. Like I said, ironic.

But you're right, why does it matter? I already accepted that GGG is resistant to change. As it is, Poe isn't for me. As long as it has supporters like you playing. By the way, how is Invasion/Ambush? Going by your character list, are you even playing those leagues?

No problem with the actual game.

Got burned out on APRGs because he played RoS beta alot before.

Got bored after 7 hours or so.

I think the last part is what is your main focus in linking the Video. But he says the same about RoS in his last vids. He gets bored after a few hours and only has as much fun because of the people he is playing with. And sure, D3 is more the kind of game you just pick up to have a bit of fun and get bored and maybe come back sometime. That's their target audience.

And again, it's normal to get bored of a game someday and stop playing. I don't see how Krip not playing PoE anymore is any reason to change the Game.

Also, I will get you a link to the video where he says that he didn't have anything to do anymore. I will edit it in when I find it.

Edit: So, while I didn't find the video I was looking for (and don't know if I will keep looking. It's pretty boring watching old clips to find the right one) here is a Video that kinda mirrors the mindset why he stopped playing in the first place. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0bsK1cMpJ8
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Última edição por Sneakypaw em 16 de abr de 2014 12:21:06
"
NotRegret escreveu:
The difference between the high item level blues I got through trading and the possible ones I could have gotten through crafting/grinding gave me just around 200-300 extra hit points.

That's irrelevant in the context of the SFL debate, which is what Sneakypaw touched on and what my comment was about. What you "could have gotten" by crafting doesn't matter, because you did trade, so everything else is hypothetical. You didn't do this self-found and you didn't do this by crafting. You traded, and that is why this experiment means nothing as far a the SFL discussion is concerned. (And that's the only thing I'm talking about.)

That aside, no one ever claimed you can't beat Dominus with only self-found gear. Of course you can, so I don't know why the SFL topic was even dragged into this.
"
Mivo escreveu:
"
NotRegret escreveu:
The difference between the high item level blues I got through trading and the possible ones I could have gotten through crafting/grinding gave me just around 200-300 extra hit points.

That's irrelevant in the context of the SFL debate, which is what Sneakypaw touched on and what my comment was about. What you "could have gotten" by crafting doesn't matter, because you did trade, so everything else is hypothetical. You didn't do this self-found and you didn't do this by crafting. You traded, and that is why this experiment means nothing as far a the SFL discussion is concerned. (And that's the only thing I'm talking about.)

That aside, no one ever claimed you can't beat Dominus with only self-found gear. Of course you can, so I don't know why the SFL topic was even dragged into this.

That's because I said NotRegret's dislike for Trading doesn't change Stormwhatever's argument.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
NotRegret escreveu:
The difference between the high item level blues I got through trading and the possible ones I could have gotten through crafting/grinding gave me just around 200-300 extra hit points. They gave nice resists but I was actually overcapped on several different elements.

The rares that I got from random drops were better than any blue I could have ever gotten through trading, because rares can have armor, resist, and life all on 1 item.

Trading is a part of PoE. Trading will ALWAYS BE A PART OF POE no matter if the entire community rallies against it. To start with Chris is basically the dictator of the game and he has a huge hard on for in-game economies. Apart from that PoE has a bussiness model that needs in-game economies to work well. The free to play+cash shop model requires a constant stream of new players in order to function (old players dont spend as much on the cash shop). Having a constant stream of new players requires having a type of game that people get their friends into. A gaming experience that FORCES interaction (like a say a player based economy) is more likely to make people get their friends in than an entirly solo experience.

In other words even if Chris didn't love in game economics and the entire community made him change the game you would just end up KILLING POE. Diablo 3 has a payment model that lets them have their game be entirly single player because its pay to play.

This is exactlty why I said I want to see GGG make a new game entirely. If you really want PoE: no player trading edition. Than you should rally behind the idea of GGG creating a new single player and selling it at $50, I'd pre-order that!

As for leaving PoE. Thats what you do with game's dumb ass. You get tired of and leave them. Grinding out the same game until its boring and miserable is not how I play games.

I find player interaction is best through partying up to slay monsters, not trading. Especially when it comes to attracting new players.

D3 was all about trading as it had an auction house. They even legitimized RMT. The game was heavily invested in an economy, and yet they were able to abandon it and change the game - for the better. I look at it as evolving the genre.

PoE has evolved the genre as well, with the passive tree and skill system. They even changed up hardcore deaths by making characters still playable in legacy leagues. That's a pretty big change right there. But mechanics like tradecore gameplay balance isn't an evolution at all, it's regressing into dated arpg elements.

I don't see GGG needing to make a new game. It would be very interesting to see them try it. But GGG have proven to be quite adept at pretty innovative stuff. I would be confident they could apply that innovation to improving PoE's flaws and dated mechanics instead of making a new game. That includes something innovative instead of tradecore gameplay to offset rng.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Sneakypaw escreveu:
"
Druga1757 escreveu:

I'd like to see where Krip said he had nothing more for him to do in PoE. I remember him saying he tried SoTV on launch and couldn't get motivated to play it, that he was bored. He said he would have loved to have the things SoTV had earlier when he was playing actively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1geoGkDZf0

He even goes on to say that if he got that bored that quickly with PoE, he was doubtful that he would play RoS for long because it would probably bore him, too. Except, he IS still playing RoS because he's having fun. Like I said, ironic.

But you're right, why does it matter? I already accepted that GGG is resistant to change. As it is, Poe isn't for me. As long as it has supporters like you playing. By the way, how is Invasion/Ambush? Going by your character list, are you even playing those leagues?

No problem with the actual game.

Got burned out on APRGs because he played RoS beta alot before.

Got bored after 7 hours or so.

I think the last part is what is your main focus in linking the Video. But he says the same about RoS in his last vids. He gets bored after a few hours and only has as much fun because of the people he is playing with. And sure, D3 is more the kind of game you just pick up to have a bit of fun and get bored and maybe come back sometime. That's their target audience.

And again, it's normal to get bored of a game someday and stop playing. I don't see how Krip not playing PoE anymore is any reason to change the Game.

Also, I will get you a link to the video where he says that he didn't have anything to do anymore. I will edit it in when I find it.

Edit: So, while I didn't find the video I was looking for (and don't know if I will keep looking. It's pretty boring watching old clips to find the right one) here is a Video that kinda mirrors the mindset why he stopped playing in the first place. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0bsK1cMpJ8

Yea, that video is from before SoTV. The video I posted was after SoTV launch, when there was plenty of new stuff for Krip. Like I said, he even says in the video he would have loved the stuff in SoTV earlier (like Vaal Orbs), new stuff to play with. But now, even with all the new stuff, he's still bored.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Well done good sir .... well done I say!
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
"
LostForm escreveu:
PoE became successful because it strayed from the 'mass appeal' being tacked into the majority of games hitting the market. It became successful precisely because it told mass appeal to get bent. So why would they think mass appeal is the way to go now? Because they experienced success by choosing to not add sappy 'everyone wins' content? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Surely there are glaring problems in the game, but those problems are not that everyone doesnt have a 6 link shav or whatever. Those problems are not that you dont consistently have only level 78 maps. Those thinks are players goals, and not promised by the game. In fact the game has always been about keeping you from getting those things, and is still extremely successful in regard with the anticipated reception of the game. Making sure to have a pact with all players that they will receive those things as drops, and never let the player feel like it is a long shot is not and should not be the design goal of PoE, and goes against everything that attracted people to the game in the first place.

No.

Poe became a successful game due to vastly superior customization and a much wider variety in terms of skill and character selection and modification.

Ironically once you start playing the game you realize this is self-defeating because it's nearly impossible to balance. Instead, you end up with 3-4 good builds, several "viable" but less efficient ones, and a plethora of shit builds. And from time to time, a good build gets nerfed and something else gets buffed or added.

This is contradictory to the premise of the game which is the vast customization. However there isn't much anyone can do about it since the man-hours that would go into balancing such a customization behemoth would be immeasurable. And they don't want to make the game "easy" for the good builds, so they make content un-clearable for shit builds which is probably 95% of what can be done with a character. That's the core problem with POE in terms of design.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Última edição por Legatus1982 em 17 de abr de 2014 18:00:41
Depend what you define as a crap build

Any build that can complete the game and do map grouping ( without being kicked) is a
good build and there are loads of them !!!

I am a dual claw Vaal Pact Shadow myself at level 90. Even though unpopular and some
think its a bad build, it only takes a bit of theory crafting to make majority of
builds work at end game
"
Mivo escreveu:
"
NotRegret escreveu:

Have any links of a solo self found Merciless Dominus kill from start of character creation to finish ?

I'm interested to see this.

=)
Última edição por Temper em 18 de abr de 2014 09:31:58

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional