Hit detection and hit boxes seriously needs some work. Videos and Images included!

"
ItsRay escreveu:
No that's not awkward you are missing something here I think.

He shoots directly where you aim, just a little bit higher as most enemies are nearly as tall as you it shouldn't even be a problem.

I seriously don't understand your problem.

No, it does not shoot where I aim, which makes you have to calculate all the time where your arrow will land.

This picture here I captured clearly shows what is wrong, as you can see the cursor is aiming towards the zombie, you shoot and yet the arrow passes above his head and does not hit him.
Now I ask you, do you really think that is normal?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23809975/Arrowproblem.jpg

An update by Rhys regarding this issue.

"
Rhys escreveu:
Thank you for the extremely detailed feedback. Videos of any problem/bug are always greatly appreciated.

I have seen your footage, and I believe that this NOT a bug, rather a simple misunderstanding:

Arrows are NOT fired at the point you click on. This is intentional. Instead, they are fired at a point approx. 1.6m directly above the point on the ground that you click, so that they travel parallel to the ground (assuming the ground is flat).

This allows arrows to travel past the point you click and to hit enemies in the line of travel. It helps, for example, when you mis-click near an enemy since the arrow can still go on to hit something, instead of getting lodged uselessly in the ground.

Here is a illustration of how the arrow is travelling. This is me using paint to draw onto one of your screenshots.

Note that the line from the click point to the character's feet is parallel to the arrow's flight path.

Thanks again for the detailed bug report, but I don't think this is a bug!

Anyone feel that it still does not feel right to aim with the cursor at something and the arrow travel above it?

If the Devs are taking the feet line of sight... why not just take the eyes line of sight and make the arrow actually go where we aim?

Sadly, I won't be playing again due to this. I hope this gets sorted because apart from that the game is very good, but this game design decision is game breaking for me.

I would like to ask any of you to show me any other Action RPG that has a similar system so I know this is not the only game doing it.
"
ShihTzu escreveu:
You do realize you have a chance to miss, right? Spec your character and you'll notice difference as you level.

sure i have a chance to miss. tho im pretty sure its not possible for me to miss ~15 times in a row
add combat text = solved
Última edição por Swdan em 25 de jan de 2013 05:40:03
it's not a bug.

d2 used the same mechanics.

in d3 you attack exactly to your mouse cursor.

if you have aiming issues it's probably because you are used to the d3 mechanics.
Unfortunately the OP is right. There is a problem. As you can see I'm a lvl 20 ranger now and I'm facing the same issue. I have to Shift atack in the direction of the monsters to shoot at them otherwise if I try to click them the arrow goes a little of from their angle. At first I thought it was lag but it's annoying because I sometimes fire 5-10 arrows with a 92% accuracy and miss them all.
I dont have any aiming issues ever (more than year playtime atm and my first ever char was archetipical Ranger with bow) and i agree that this is not a bug and everything works OK.

But kudos for OP for this detailed feedback .:)

"
Unfortunately the OP is right. There is a problem. As you can see I'm a lvl 20 ranger now and I'm facing the same issue. I have to Shift atack in the direction of the monsters to shoot at them otherwise if I try to click them the arrow goes a little of from their angle. At first I thought it was lag but it's annoying because I sometimes fire 5-10 arrows with a 92% accuracy and miss them all.

Sorry but i must tell this - L2P. You (and OP) must get used to game mechanics not otherwise. They will not change code just because you cant aim in new game.
Última edição por Kabraxis em 25 de jan de 2013 05:59:22
If devs change current systems to make some people happy, then other players including me who has no problem with the current system will become unhappy. And this would result in an unnecessary vicious circle, so its better to stick with the current system which is dev's design decision.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Última edição por ignarsoll em 25 de jan de 2013 06:02:26
I had the same problem until I got accuracy
Ok, so to all those who are saying I am wrong and that Action RPG's always used the "feet line of sight" mechanic, please enlighten me and show me an Action RPG where you aim with the mouse cursor and the projectile goes above it by a whole 2cm.

I would appreciate your effort to show me this is common practice.
As I'm such a nice guy I'll show you what you're doing wrong

You don't take perspective into account, try clicking anywhere on the white path and then you'll hit the monster.

If you still can't hit monsters than its clear that there is serious l2p issues going on.

No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Última edição por ignarsoll em 25 de jan de 2013 06:14:59

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional