1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
Monty_The_3rd escreveu:
imo you should plan your final build without any res nodes (yes, even those two 15% fire ones), and just work your way there thought better gear (when you can afford ofc, i still use crap lol). Makes you aware that you still have things to improve: "damn look at all those res nodes i use, i need to find better gear to get rid of them for more useful ones!" xD
Imo it's better to aim at close to perfect because that extra step of perfection can be detrimental, the effort to gain ratio doesn't justify it.

"
Monty_The_3rd escreveu:
I have to say that if you plan to use both Endurance and Faith and Steel nodes, then i see no reason why not taking that path to Amplify instead in the two "worthless" EleDmg nodes you use... DjNanos was the first to take the EleDmg path, but he didn't take the two nodes mentioned above, so he actually saved 4 points in the way to Amplify in his build. In your case, i just see two useless EleDmg nodes instead of the two 8% AR ones (which are also "meh" but i don't see a better path in your case).
EleDmg ain't completely useless, it affects Added Fire Damage support gem. At 20%Q 20lvl it adds 54% Fire Damage. Being realistic let's assume that is at 40%. Those 2 nodes make that close to 47%. And I was thinking about end game, when I didn't need the 8% Ele Res from Faith and Steel to drop those two and add the 24% Ele Dmg. In close to perfect conditions (20%Q lvl18=52% Added Fire Dmg) that 52% would go to 52x1.4=73% Added Fire Damage. Dunno how relevant it is but my end game plan is to also go Vaal Pact so the bonus damage could be even more worth it.

"
Monty_The_3rd escreveu:
I can only suggest considering the Reaver node too, its dmg+10% life and only 4p. You could replace Elemental Adaptation for the +15% dmg in the Marauder start, but i wouldn't advice it personally...
I had completely forgot about that option...and it's a good option because it gives % Life. I think I will do a mix between the Random route and the Reaver one starting with the latter one. Just did my respec to this. I'm gonna use my next 2 points to get 10%Damage&10%Armor and +2%Max ele Res and after just add random DPS nodes like the 15% Reaver one.

My next goals are to find a bit of Fire res from items and save 1 point. Also try and get a bit of all res so that I save 2 points from Faith and Steel on the top. Aside from that, long term goals are get 5 Links in chest and weapon and get all gems to 20% and back to high level again.

I've also just spend 15euros as a reward to GGG because I've enjoyed their game immensely. As a bonus I get to buy some cosmetics. Looking through the available options with 200 points I'm thinking of getting 10 skins (50p), the Ice Crown (95p) and a low cost weapon effect. Anyone got any experience or advice for that ? What weapon skin and what weapon effect looks cool for our ground slam marauders ?
Última edição por eladir em 16 de dez de 2013 04:44:31
@eladir:
Oh, you are not playing fair now :P
You show a "planed build" that uses Faith and Steel, then tell me you plan to respec it...
Now you also mention taking Vaal Pact!
And post a build that comes nowhere close to that node :/

Show us your true "final build", lol :D

And i am afraid you got your calcs about EleDmg and AddFire gem wrong:

Gem has a "gain x% of phys dmg as extra fire dmg". The inc fire dmg stat from the Q is completely different and they don't add, same with a %EleDmg stat...
So if you raise your phys dmg (taking 15% phys dmg over 15% ele dmg), you will get more fire dmg!

As it happens, i have a random ring with 15% EleDmg + 4%FireDmg, i would say about the same or better than the two nodes you plan to use (16% EleDmg). I got ingame and took screenshots just now to show you the results (w/o any Auras on since you don't plan to use them):

No ring HS: 20.448 DPS
Ring w 15% EleDmg + 4% FireDmg: 20.628 DPS
*Ring with 9% EleDmg + 11% FireDmg + 45Str (=9% PhysDmg) : 20.957 DPS
http://imgur.com/a/AGt46

So yea, pretty useless i'm afraid :/

Btw i am at 20.928 with my 5% AS ring and 26.432 with Hatred, using a few lvl17/Q20 gems:

Última edição por Monty_The_3rd em 16 de dez de 2013 05:54:54
At level 22 (all done yesterday - had a bit of a Marathon session).

To back up the newb friendliness of the guide, this is my first time playing so level 22 on first proper character in.... 7 hours? Seems like a pretty good pace.

So... a question.

Considering this build's based on ground slam and heavy strike... is getting the splash and regen on hit gems linked to heavy strike effective? Waiting for my first 4 way linked (currently only found a 3 way) to stick it to slam too but I'm finding that with some light mana pot sipping I can basically heavy strike EVERYTHING and it's got enough damage behind it (spend time getting pretty much full rare gear, I always tend to gear fast in rpg's) to usually 1 shot whites, 3 shot blues up to a pack of 5/6 if they are grouped tight enough.

Once I'm at blood magic I think the regen from that should keep me covered?

I got lucky and dropped a Meginord's girdle too (I think that one's a pretty perfect belt for this build looking at it?)

I would like to add a complaint though - you piece of **** you got me hooked on another game :( :D :D :D
Última edição por Llamaalarmallama em 16 de dez de 2013 07:17:02
Hi everyone, I'm also fairly new to the game and came across this build today while browsing the forums. It seems it's more or less what I have been doing the past 53 levels, but with some differences here and there. I was wondering if someone could take the time to have a quick look at my current build and point out the obvious flaws or important tips for the future:

Thank a lot and props to the thread starter for this great guide!
Insanity is my only means of relaxation.
Última edição por Eryendil em 16 de dez de 2013 09:59:21
"
Eryendil escreveu:
Hi everyone, I'm also fairly new to the game and came across this build today while browsing the forums. It seems it's more or less what I have been doing the past 53 levels, but with some differences here and there. I was wondering if someone could take the time to have a quick look at my current build and point out the obvious flaws or important tips for the future:

Thank a lot and props to the thread starter for this great guide!

The only advice that I can give you is that you have wasted at least one point when you took the Mace Critical Strike Multiplier. Resolute Technique make critical hits impossible so something that increases either the chance to crit or critical damage is useless with Resolute Technique.
"
DoomCarpace escreveu:
The only advice that I can give you is that you have wasted at least one point when you took the Mace Critical Strike Multiplier. Resolute Technique make critical hits impossible so something that increases either the chance to crit or critical damage is useless with Resolute Technique.

You are right and thanks for pointing that out! I specced that point before deciding to go for Resolute technique and completely forgot about it. I will respec this one right away!

More thoughs are always welcome ofcourse!
Insanity is my only means of relaxation.
Have anyone has experience with Alpha Howl?

Is it viable with this build?
Hey guys, so I've been following this guide an I was wondering if the skill tree has been updated, because it says to grab blood magic nodes, then asks for blood magic gems?

Also how does this tree look?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBe4whAir2IVU5DsbYWGNQUIzP9khfP1RJ51LvDrnd8i_Ujxku2WFXDZHO0iGezacw974n7fPdrKpR5rQvQT9yqXzZWfPAGuSt3sGQVaeEGjjsODrYLdJN2J48jHaBbwSzFE2paKIA8B8UIFBHGJHJmKZkD8wB5zboWK94Db6KAdykGRv6Jd-pbmxGcmwyCbXybqpKyIqvkBE1kv6PrFmI8fJFOuGmV03jMZ6E2W5pvqdlTUd-Zp7QR_rSAnGrxRcvZOdV1oCkNunjag==

I forgot where I seen this tree but book marked it.
It might have been from this thread but this tree appealed to me.
I've already taken the blood magic node though so I wouldnt have to use blood magic gems.
---> Disclaimer: i am not an expert! <---

@Llamaalarmallama:
You shouldn't have HP issues with BM if you follow the tree and you life is ok, on the contrary you will be able to "spam" GS and HS without having to worry about running out of mana ;)

DjNanos is the person to talk about Melee Splash, he tried it and seems to like it:
"
DjNanos escreveu:
Hmm...i decide to remove those 2 pts amplify cost me and use HS with splash instead....i tried it on 4-5 maps and on cata merci, i cleared WAY faster..and had +1kdmg...plus since i was knocking them all away all the time, my survivability got better. :P

And note that there is no reason to use GroundSlam+MeleeSplash, GS is already an AoE skill ;)

@Eryendil:
Like DoomCarpace said, the Crit nodes do nothing for this build. You should respec the last two points of that cluster (the other one is only 6% dmg).
Also the Bone Breaker cluster is mostly used in Stun-related builds (working towards perma-stunning emenies). It's not a bad cluster (5p and 10.4% dmg/point), but you need to take all 5 points to make it worth so it's a sizable points investment.

@skarbziemi:
I got an Alpha's, never used it except for tests, because i like to have one with a +life stat more...
But it's a cool helm, can't be Frozen is awesome, the reduced mana is "meh" imo (still priceless if you want just a liiiiittle more to be able to run +1 aura), +2 lvls to aura gems is nice plus pretty high EV (you must have IR ofc).

At the moment is gives me a bit of more available mana if i use it, from 70 to 96 but that should be 2-3 more because my other helm has a high Int stat that boosts my total mana.
The +2 lvls makes little difference in my case.
Plus i go down 300+ HP because i lose my other helm's +94 life stat :/
Shots: http://imgur.com/a/ZqXF5

@Kylexcore:
The BM gem/Auras etc, are just things that you also try on this build, maybe when you have reached lvl70+ and have an idea of what you are doing.

About the tree, it's one of the many "variants" of the build posted here, however it's a tree that is planed to be used for a multiple Auras build (Sovereignty cluster), so not suitable for a BM one.
Última edição por Monty_The_3rd em 16 de dez de 2013 17:17:38
"
Monty_The_3rd escreveu:
@eladir:
Oh, you are not playing fair now :P
You show a "planed build" that uses Faith and Steel, then tell me you plan to respec it...
Now you also mention taking Vaal Pact!
And post a build that comes nowhere close to that node :/

Show us your true "final build", lol :D

And i am afraid you got your calcs about EleDmg and AddFire gem wrong:

O snap, so eDMG is useless and I have to go through the Armor route below. Getting the Faith and Steel is a no brainer since for 1 point it's worth it. Not that big of a deal, gonna respec that when I get the chance.

My plan for lvl 85 is this. I'm in a dilemma about the next 2 points though. I'm between using them to get 2x15% damage (Reaver and Marauder Start) or 2x4% Attack Speed from the duelist starting area. From personal experience 4% attack speed is a better DPS boost but not sure on it. What do you think on it ?

As for my end game Vaal Pact plan, i haven't thought it through, it's just an idea I've had for some time. I'll go for it when I've gotten at least one 5L and replaced my Death's Oath as a chest since without regen the chaos dot is not viable. As for how I'm gonna implement that in the passive tree, don't think it's that hard if i remove some of the regen points like this

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional