Are mods being overly strict now?

The moderating team has been pathetic for a very long time, power trips from lonely men and women.
"
Peenk escreveu:
The moderating team has been pathetic for a very long time, power trips from lonely men and women.

You do your guild name no honor.
This thread is really more about acceptance of responsibility for one's actions than it is about what is and is not "acceptable" language on these forums.

OP used language that, for whatever reason, was edited by the moderators. Rather than accepting that the language was objectionable and moving on, OP felt the need to come and plead his case that he holds no accountability for the use of the language, and it is the fault of the moderators that the post was changed.

All of this could have been a non-issue has the poster simply made a better decision in posting. As I have no context of the post to which the OP refers, all I can assume is that the "not intended, that would be retarded" comment was a single line response to another poster in a thread about a game mechanic. I would posit that anyone actually interested in having a legitimate discussion about said mechanic would have, instead, made a comment more along the lines of "That mechanic is not working as intended, and if the current working is 'as intended' then we might need to question intent..." and continue to present an intelligent argument, devoid of potentially inflammatory speech.

My own personal opinion is that far too many humans are incapable of being accountable for themselves and taking full responsibility for all occurrences in their lives. It is my belief that this reality is due, in part, to some of the trappings of Modernity.

In my own opinion, this thread is nothing more than a thin defense by the OP generated to deflect accountability and responsibility for the fact that he choose poor language in the first place.
"
Nightmare90 escreveu:
"
Peenk escreveu:

You do your guild name no honor.

LMAO
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
ToxicRatt escreveu:
Calling something retarded is about the most offensive thing one can do.

The the term 'retarded', was initially suggested as a 'non-offensive' technical term for people to refer to Mentally Handicapped people by experts in the past. And yet NOW it is considered offensive just because people use it in a spiteful manner?
The amount and direction of moderation here has certainly undergone significant change since release, and not for the better.
IGN: KoTao
I'm in favor of a short period of (very) heavy handed moderation myself. GD in particular is a dump, and very few discussions make it to page two without being derailed into a pissing match between a few frequent fucks.

Bad culture here, needs some bleach.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
drakar8888 escreveu:
PoE mods strict? lol

This has to be the most lightly moderated gaming forum on the internet.
As long as you you don't post "overly offensive" words(mildly offensive seem fine) and don't send death threats you are pretty much free to post whatever random stupidity you have on your mind.

There are currently 7 troll threads in this subforum alone, consisting of a nonsense op followed by 5+ pages of troll feeding.

How ironic. You call people trolls and call my OP nonsense. Your basically flame baiting and trolling yourself.

Once again if you want to criticize anything I have said in this thread then please quote me. It feels very unfair/rude to just accuse me of something like that.
Standard Forever
Hi there,

Please do not derail the thread with off topic and hostile replies. Further posts of this type will be removed and the player may be placed on probation.

Regards,
Simon
GGG Support
No longer works at GGG
"
Randomzx escreveu:
The the term 'retarded', was initially suggested as a 'non-offensive' technical term for people to refer to Mentally Handicapped people by experts in the past. And yet NOW it is considered offensive just because people use it in a spiteful manner?

Intent matters.

Also, language changes over time. A popular example is the word "gay", which relatively recently had a different meaning altogether and also wasn't used derogatorily. Other words, like "negro", kept their initial meaning, but were used derogatorily long enough to become "inappropriate". Other words have become more acceptable over time.

It's not hard to get a point across without risking to be offensive. One can just say, "This sucks." or "This is pretty bad." or (perhaps the best) "I don't agree with this at all." instead of "This is retarded." (I don't find the word particularly offensive personally, but still feel it's troublesome that it's used so flippantly.)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional