Are mods being overly strict now?

"
"
iamstryker escreveu:
"

OP, you're quite a part of the problem here. Go ahead and defend your posts if you want to, but you would be better off seeing what people are talking about than trying to argue your way around it.

I see what people are talking about here. I just don't agree. Does it bother you that much that I don't agree?

"
You really can express yourself without meaningless hyperbole and calling people stupid or retarded because they do things that you don't understand. .

Its important to this thread to recognize that I wasn't using the word like that. There was no hyperbole or reference to another player specifically.

No, I will not be indulging your desire to go back and forth while you contort logic in a way that justifies your attitude. If you want to continue to disagree, go right ahead, but it's been stated clearly enough by more than just me, that you would already understand if you had any desire to do so.

You are free to remain confused and uncertain about how civil discussion actually works, but you cannot say that no one has tried to explain it to you.

Whatever bro. You seem mad that I don't agree with you.

I've replied to those counter arguments. If you don't like my responses then yay we get to agree to disagree. Move along if you don't like my thread.

In the future please quote me where I have supposedly "contorted logic". Seems unfair to just make an accusation like that.
Standard Forever
Última edição por iamstryker em 23 de jan de 2014 21:51:27
"
civil

The adjective "civil" is subjective. To be more specific, "respectful" is considered to a be a synonym. If you want to be respectful towards me, you better state your true opinion without any sugarcoating: if that means that you call me a bunch of different profanities, then so be it and I would actually consider the honesty to be true respectfulness.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Última edição por mazul em 23 de jan de 2014 21:52:36
It's their playground. Their rules. Nothing that anyone here thinks or says makes any difference at all in that regard. They could shut this forum down entirely and we'd just go on with life.

Are they being too strict? Not at all. This is one of the more permissive gaming forums I've participated in.
"
Shagsbeard escreveu:
It's their playground. Their rules. Nothing that anyone here thinks or says makes any difference at all in that regard. They could shut this forum down entirely and we'd just go on with life.

Are they being too strict? Not at all. This is one of the more permissive gaming forums I've participated in.

In the last months it became one of the most [deleted by admin] forum i ever saw in my entire gaming life that is 15+ years now.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Spysong192 escreveu:
"
Shagsbeard escreveu:

In the last months it became one of the most [deleted by admin] forum i ever saw in my entire gaming life that is 15+ years now.

I get my whole post history removed every time I post in the D3 forums.
"
Charanjaydemyr escreveu:
"
Spysong192 escreveu:
"
Shagsbeard escreveu:

Yeah, because most other fora just delete/lock the whole damn thread OR have automated language filters. You can pretend we don't have an unusual amount of freedom to be crass and fiery for an *official forum for a game*, but that's all it is. Pretending.

Are you yourself pretending this? Or is this the real opinion you´ve settled down now. I know some other words from you on this matter. But.. be it so. I can only speak for myself and i never saw this much of censorship in a gaming forum like here. Well be it so i´m not here to discuss if that´s something good or bad just that this is my experience here.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Última edição por Spysong192 em 23 de jan de 2014 22:12:19
Are they strict? Not really, but it depends on who you are. They clearly play favorites. I got banned for saying this: "lol 1 lvl 74 map is not end game"

Probation for 5 days for that. I mean..really? Not to mention many other occasions similar..

The problem is that they don't catch the one's who flame-bait and antagonize you first..it's like the dreaded double tech in the NBA. It's a joke man.
Inconsistency has always been a problem. I've just not personally seen something like this that seems so overboard on something so minor.
Standard Forever
No I don't think they are being overly strict.

I watch the D3 forums and these forums between appointments. Both forums are the same toxic environment. Blizzard lets a handful of trolls who hate the game and spend all day trying to drive away customers run the forums. Just as toxic and unpleasant as POE forums, which is the inverse of the D3 forums (actually its probably the same group of people on both forums) who drive away people who don't blindly love the game, while mods ban people who have issues with the game.

Two totally different approaches among the two forums, same end result.

Its entertaining for sure.

Needless to say. D3 and POE have some of the most awful and unpleasant forum goers ive ever seen. Really I do think its the same lot of people on both game forums.

Just wanted to toss this in there. With this community, you can ban and heavy hand moderate, or let the trolls take over. Result is exactly the same toxic environment. One end of the spectrum or the other. Fanboys gone wild or troll madness.

Not sure what it is about self proclaimed hardcore"vets" that make a person so...unpleasant.

Log on to the forums of my ARPG without a hardcore vet following ands its a fricking utopia. Its the funniest thing ive ever seen tbh.
just for try, for see and for know
"
Charanjaydemyr escreveu:
Retarded is offensive in that you are using a word that defines a condition UTTERLY out of the person's hands to describe someone who may be by choice 'stupid'. There is a base wrongness in mocking people who can't help what they are by using terms that define them as insults to those who can.

We had a lot of discussion about this, and came to the consensus that just because a word is acceptable elsewhere doesn't mean it should be acceptable here.

Don't play the 'adult/mature' card, Stryker. You're smarter than that.

And yes, the Chris RMTs thread is still going at this moment. The trolls have Support by the short and hairies more often than not with this forum.

Too strict? Don't make me laugh.

Yeah, but you apparently can tell certain types of people to kill themselves or to die. Unless that was removed, I don't think it was. That was and is objectively worse than a slur.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Última edição por BoltThrower87 em 23 de jan de 2014 22:41:20

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional